Topical Finasteride-optimal concentration and vehicle

hair8534

My Regimen
Reaction score
I open this thread to know, in your opinion which would be the optimal concentration for a topical finasteride (the one with less side effects that is at least as effective as oral finasteride), and vehicle (the one that allows the least systemic absorption but its absorved into the scalp, the quicker the better).

My personal history is that after a trichotest, i was preescribed topical finasteride at 0,75% using trichosol as vehicle. My doctor said that i could use 3 or more ml and that nothing would happen, that the important variable is just the concentration. After readindgsome studies i realized that it was probabably a very large concentration and obviusly the quantity of aplication matters.

So, feel free to respond, and if you could it would be great if you attached some studies to back up your opinion . I hope that we get to find the optimal finasteride vehicle and concetration.

Thanks

Ticken

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My personal history is that after a trichotest, i was preescribed topical finasteride at 0,75% using trichosol as vehicle.
@hair8534
Did you do the genetic TrichoTest by Fagron? If so, you have a lot more great information to work with than most of us here.
One idea would be to screenshot and post some of those TrichoTest results here in the comments section so others can give you some better feedback on which treatments and at what concentrations are likely to be most efficacious for you considering your particular genetic snps!

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m using a topical mix right now— 0.25 mg finasteride, 8% min, retenoic acid, aloe Vera, and hydrocortisone