Topical Finasteride In Quebec ( Canada) - Repost

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,

I live in Canada - Montreal. I know topical finasteride is available in the country but it is exclusively with hassom and wong ? 2.5 % is too much for me since i want less sides as possible. So i would try more of a 1% solution.

I went to see my doctor but he told me he has never heard of it (topical finasteride), he could only give me a oral prescription which i dont want at all.

How can i get this here in quebec, canada ? (internet, etc ?)

Or can i make the solution myself ?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
can you not just crush pills into a distilled water and ethyl alcohol solution? or into a bottle of minoxidil?

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes thats what i am thinking, but does (pills + water + alcohol) is really enough ?
I doubt hassom and wong formula only include these three ingredients.

br1

Reaction score
Yes thats what i am thinking, but does (pills + water + alcohol) is really enough ?
I doubt hassom and wong formula only include these three ingredients.
They seem to have a special vehicle. Something like liposomes, which would lock it on the scalp and avoid systemic absorption...

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They seem to have a special vehicle. Something like liposomes, which would lock it on the scalp and avoid systemic absorption...

Yeah thats what i thought ! even thought some people still got sides with the topical from hassom and wong (their 2.5 % dose is quite high)

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah thats what i thought ! even thought some people still got sides with the topical from hassom and wong (their 2.5 % dose is quite high)

Well I believe I've found some threads with members discussing how to make it. I suggest u search using google and restrict it to hairlosstalk. U should find some good info. Please post here if u find it. That said I'll probably never try it.

Tano1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not to be a pessimist, but everyone should probably just let finasteride die out entirely. It’s not as effective as dutasteride and trans drugs anyway. The day we stop seeking out mediocre treatments, they’ll probably try harder and produce something with much better results; otherwise, a*** finasteride will probably be next.

Maybe try minoxidil at least until the upcoming treatments pull through. I don’t think their sides are too common and seen a lot of posters say they’re on it. Microneedling can probably help with absorption too.

br1

Reaction score
Not to be a pessimist, but everyone should probably just let finasteride die out entirely. It’s not as effective as dutasteride and trans drugs anyway. The day we stop seeking out mediocre treatments, they’ll probably try harder and produce something with much better results; otherwise, a*** finasteride will probably be next.

Maybe try minoxidil at least until the upcoming treatments pull through. I don’t think their sides are too common and seen a lot of posters say they’re on it. Microneedling can probably help with absorption too.
No.. The day you stop seeking/using finasteride, you'll go bald. And the world will stay the same. Sad but true.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score

If you're in such a state that you'd use trans drugs, Id say you should speak to a psychologist. There are plenty of bald, confident and successful men who have everything they need (hair not being one of them). If it's a women who is worried about your hair line that's getting you down, from experience I can say those are the people you don't need in your life. There's something commendable in talking to someone to help you get there.

Reactions: INT

ganta

My Regimen
Reaction score
there is topical finasteride in india, company name glenmark and product name hair4u.

Janks16

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair4u doesn't have finasteride in it. It's comprised of minoxidil and aminexil.

Tano1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you're in such a state that you'd use trans drugs, Id say you should speak to a psychologist.

Exactly my point. Even if it does regrow hair, it’s a mediocre treatment at best because it still has some major cons unless you want to undergo a gender change which in that case, more power to you.

Tano1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No.. The day you stop seeking/using finasteride, you'll go bald. And the world will stay the same. Sad but true.

Lol. You’ll go bald anyway though since fina is already proven by some baldies to lose its effectiveness entirely. Doesn’t work for everyone either. There’s also no proof that it even maintains your hair since hair loss can accelerate or slow down depending on other factors too regardless of your genetics. Smoking, malnourishment, and depression are just a few. Don’t get me wrong, it would be exciting if topical fina did the job, but honestly how much of an improvement do you guys think you’ll get. Dunno maybe someone can try microneedling and then applying the topical fina to see if you start getting Durat type results.

br1

Reaction score
Lol. You’ll go bald anyway though since fina is already proven by some baldies to lose its effectiveness entirely. Doesn’t work for everyone either. There’s also no proof that it even maintains your hair since hair loss can accelerate or slow down depending on other factors too regardless of your genetics. Smoking, malnourishment, and depression are just a few. Don’t get me wrong, it would be exciting if topical fina did the job, but honestly how much of an improvement do you guys think you’ll get. Dunno maybe someone can try microneedling and then applying the topical fina to see if you start getting Durat type results.

I don't. But I am 100% sure Fina held my hair until today.

It's perfect? Far from it.
I like it? No.
Would like another treatment (hello shiseido!) ? For sure.

But have to face reality.

Tano1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't. But I am 100% sure Fina held my hair until today.

It's perfect? Far from it.
I like it? No.
Would like another treatment (hello shiseido!) ? For sure.

But have to face reality.

Guess you were lucky idk how you can prove it though. If anything I’m here wishing for Follica to enhance the new follicles they’ve been able to create. Like getting that number up to around 75/cm2 ha

br1

Reaction score
Guess you were lucky idk how you can prove it though. If anything I’m here wishing for Follica to enhance the new follicles they’ve been able to create. Like getting that number up to around 75/cm2 ha
I can't prove to you, no. But I know for a fact. I have pictures from when i started and i can see the thinning temples. Fast forward 13 years and they are still there. I stop finasteride for 3 months and temples are almost gone and hair overall is thinner. I resume finasteride and the shed slowdown in the course of the next year. 3 years back on finasteride, hair is stable again - but worse than when i took a break..

I don't get regrowth, but finasteride halts my hairloss. Hope it will continue doing it.!

g.i joey

Reaction score
Hi,

I live in Canada - Montreal. I know topical finasteride is available in the country but it is exclusively with hassom and wong ? 2.5 % is too much for me since i want less sides as possible. So i would try more of a 1% solution.

I went to see my doctor but he told me he has never heard of it (topical finasteride), he could only give me a oral prescription which i dont want at all.

How can i get this here in quebec, canada ? (internet, etc ?)

Or can i make the solution myself ?
I'm from mtl too, pm me I'll tell u which doctor managed to formulate a topical for me... it's with alcohol crushed minoxidil and finasteride I believe. Imo was sh*t, but if you wanna give it a shot you can.