Topical Finasteride goes systemic too: who has experienced its sides?

hair2stay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
not sure. i thibk it is too early to say anything
I was shocked to hear above said experiences where dutasteride doesnt cause side effects??!! I'm sorry if you addressed this already: Is dutasteride an option for you?

I'm excited about pyralutamide too: Phase 3 trials begin or have begun with 416 participants in a double blind study...I really think if you can somehow hold onto what you have then you will have the tools in the next year. We'll know by July 2022 what the results from the study show. Derek from More PLates MOre Dates swears by RU58841. He stopped using when he travelled overseas for about month and the before and after pics were significant. really significant.

badnewsbearer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was shocked to hear above said experiences where dutasteride doesnt cause side effects??!! I'm sorry if you addressed this already: Is dutasteride an option for you?

I'm excited about pyralutamide too: Phase 3 trials begin or have begun with 416 participants in a double blind study...I really think if you can somehow hold onto what you have then you will have the tools in the next year. We'll know by July 2022 what the results from the study show. Derek from More PLates MOre Dates swears by RU58841. He stopped using when he travelled overseas for about month and the before and after pics were significant. really significant.
to me it makes no sense to have no sides on dutasteride if the sides are related to estrogen or reduced free t or dht because dutwsteride does just kore of that. also as far as neurosteroids go, dutasteride inhibits type 1 which is primarily expressed in the brain and thus it should have an even greater impact on neurosteroids. but there might be other pathways involved? not sure

badnewsbearer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

as far as topicala goes i am not sure about it tbh. some things have deff happenes, the nipple sensation has decreased(i had very high estrogen on oral finasteride) and mostly subsided. Erections are easier to maintain, however i still feel a lack of brain penis connection, its still numb, libido is still low wnd worst, i seem to have developed orgasmic dysfunction, when i orgasm there is barely any contraction, it literally just runs out without any force. i did not have this on oral finasteeide but then i had pretty bad ED that it did often not even get to that point.

semen quakiry has changed a lot for the better however.

so in the end it seems that i have less sides on 1mg topical vs 1mg oral however they are still there and i do not think i can keep this goong for years like that as its bothersome for sure.

now, for the last 2 weeks i have been severely sleep derpivived and that could play a factor, in any case i will get blood work in a week and see what is going on and compare it to oral.

as sides are still there but reduced, i guess instead of completely stopping i could further reduce it up to 1/10th of what i currently use. howeverhow effrctive will that be? how knows.

but honestly i am tired of sexual side effects and being a low T high E male. sure hair loss is bothering me a LOT but this is hurting me in a different way, kind of losing your sexual identitiy is not a great thing. but anyone reading this will underatand that just shave bro lol memes are just dumb as well, nobody takes finasteride because it is such a great drug, its a sh*t drug that does mess with things we do not understand, it should not be used for cosmetic purposes but there is a lot of should and shouldnt there, it is not so one dimensional and of course finasteride still has a rightful place

i can life with the libido issue but the orgasmic dysfunction(it seems kind fo rare compared to ED so i am suprised tgat one imrpoved while the other worsened on topical) is unacceptable, it is really scary actually and if my appointment to get blood work was further away than one week id probably drop the topical and wait for sides to completely subside, then continue on 1/2 or 1/3rd of that dose. i will do that next week however if they do not aubside, i can deff sleep better knowing that my serum finasteeide concentration is just 1/100th of what it used to be and that if i chose to get off due to the short half life, dht will almost immediately start to get synthesized again

badnewsbearer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

where are those pics?

honestly i do not know what to do. shoukd i get off asap and wait it out and start on a comically low dose of 0.005% (10 times less than now) or should i just wait a few more weeks. i do not want anything to be persistent so thats kind of a big deal. it is definitely better than with oral tho but still kind of bad(oral was completely nuts in that regard)

i have read my experience many times, when you have mikd sides on oral, topical can work, when oral gets bad sides topic can still cause mild sides, it makes sense in any case. goingbx this tho reducing doses does play a factor

i do not trust the mozarella study it is randomized placebo controlled sure but also f*****g old, almost 30 years and also a big limitation is the small sample size(15men only in each group). i totally buy that serum dht is not affected but can 0.005% topical twice a day really be effective? i am not sure tbh

badnewsbearer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
but honestly i am extremely dissapointes tgat my body is such a f*** up and i react this severely to finasteride. i think my theories about topical having substantially less effect on tissue dht of penis and brain is complete bullshit tbh, i would never attempt sex in this current condition because basically my sexual function on topical finasteride is still that of a 80-85 year old man with type one diabetes and life long chronic smoker

badnewsbearer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
after14 days I would say the sides are actually more pronounced than with oral. kind of crazy and I would not believe it before I tried it but I went into it expecting them to subside after a week but they got more intense, I even developed new ones I did not even have before. pretty much complete loss of any sexual function from a mg of topical finasteride, quite hilarious

NamelessGhoul

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
badnewsbearer, I had the exact same experience with topical finasteride. I always feel it. Man, if you want to buy yourself a lot of time (though slowly slowly slowly lose hair in the long term) buzz your head, use 2.5 minoxidil once per night (ideally with azealic acid (even though it probably does f*** all)) and dermaneedle once in a while. I honestly think for us people sensitive to anti-androgens, that's all we got going for us until something decent that doesn't f*** up male hormones comes along. (if it ever comes)

badnewsbearer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
badnewsbearer, I had the exact same experience with topical finasteride. I always feel it. Man, if you want to buy yourself a lot of time (though slowly slowly slowly lose hair in the long term) buzz your head, use 2.5 minoxidil once per night (ideally with azealic acid (even though it probably does f*** all)) and dermaneedle once in a while. I honestly think for us people sensitive to anti-androgens, that's all we got going for us until something decent that doesn't f*** up male hormones comes along. (if it ever comes)
no there must be a dosage peroid. minoxidil does not work and rn id rather be impotent than bald, what am i going to useca libido for

debyne

Established Member
Reaction score
13 years on oral finasteride...minor sides the whole time. I micro-dosed for several months and had better luck, but I finally transitioned to topical and my sides are 100% gone. I'm in my 40s and have morning wood every single day...it's nuts.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score

That wasnt just because of stopping RU gosh you know nothing.

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
13 years on oral finasteride...minor sides the whole time. I micro-dosed for several months and had better luck, but I finally transitioned to topical and my sides are 100% gone. I'm in my 40s and have morning wood every single day...it's nuts.
Topical dutasteride ? Topical finasteride ? What % and how time a week ?

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why Change to topical if u just had minor sides? Sounds very inconvinient.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've heard many anecdotes that topical is just as effective as oral, and more effective in some cases. Finasteride is a drug and I admit is harmful, so I'd prefer to take as little as possible.
More effective cause it blocks more scalp DHT. But some claim to shed after switching to topical from oral but some also claims that it works better than oral hmm.. atm its 50/50. Read a guy said he switched from oral after like 15 or 20 years to topical and his hair got thicker. Im using both oral dutasteride and Topical. Gonna use topical dutasteride everyday with spironolactone from now on and use my orals M,W,F. Good luck bro.

debyne

Established Member
Reaction score
More effective cause it blocks more scalp DHT. But some claim to shed after switching to topical from oral but some also claims that it works better than oral hmm.. atm its 50/50. Read a guy said he switched from oral after like 15 or 20 years to topical and his hair got thicker. Im using both oral dutasteride and Topical. Gonna use topical dutasteride everyday with spironolactone from now on and use my orals M,W,F. Good luck bro.
Well, I switched 6 weeks ago and I swear my hair is already starting to look thicker. Again, could be me being delusional/hopeful, but I monitor my shedding every morning.

hair2stay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That wasnt just because of stopping RU gosh you know nothing.
your username is 'losing battle' and Derek has maintained a full head of hair....so I am more inclined to listen to him If you go to his website, he clearly states that stopping RU only caused thinning. Of course I cannot prove what RU has or has not done for him. Yet I can prove that he said it.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
your username is 'losing battle' and Derek has maintained a full head of hair....so I am more inclined to listen to him If you go to his website, he clearly states that stopping RU only caused thinning. Of course I cannot prove what RU has or has not done for him. Yet I can prove that he said it.

Hes an affiliate for RU u idiot. He makes money promoting it didnt u know? And he added oral finasteride because ru wasnt enough.