Topical Finasteride/dutasteride Feedback

XSuburbiaX

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm thinking more and more to switch oral finasteride to topical finasteride or dutasteride if possible (mix with minoxidil). When you search on the web it seems that topical finasteride has the same efficiency, should be even more as it reduce more DHT in the scalp than oral finasteride.

But I don't find so much feedback from real user so I would really appreciate if some people who made the switch and use regulary topical could share their feedback?

Also, does anyone use topical dutasteride? Is it even possible to make a home made topic? I could get a prescription for Avodart but I will never use it orally.

Thanks guys!

Kaus Klinski

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,

for a home made 0,025 % topical just add the content of 12 Avodart capsules to a bottle of Regaine/60 ml 5 % Minoxidil. I use it that way, it dissolves nicely.

regards
Kaus Klinski

Maxx79

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,

for a home made 0,025 % topical just add the content of 12 Avodart capsules to a bottle of Regaine/60 ml 5 % Minoxidil. I use it that way, it dissolves nicely.

regards
Kaus Klinski

Interesting, how long have you been using this home made topical dutasteride? Do you have any side-effects normally associated with duta?

It seems topical duta is big in Spain, several clinics there offer Duta injections in the scalp (mesotherapy) which they say give results with less risk of side effects , but I haven't heard many testimonies from other parts of the world

XSuburbiaX

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,

regards
Kaus Klinski

Same as Maxx, I'm really interested to know the efficiency and if you get any side. Did you already take finasteride or duta orally? Can you compare the efficiency? (I know it's always a bit tricky...)

Thanks!

Kaus Klinski

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,

I've been using it in addition to oral dutasteride (0.5 mg eod), so I can't tell if the effects/side effects would be different. I have (subjectively) zero side effects from dutasteride. I'm on the topical dutasteride for about 6 months or so, initially it really thickened my hair line (might have been the additional dose of minoxidil, though) but now I'm pretty much back to where I've been before. I'm a diffuse NW2-3A. I'm on 5-ARIs (finasteride, dutasteride for the last 5 years or so) since age 22 (40 now) with a break of about 4 years in between (lost so much hair during the time, silly me ...).

regards
Kaus Klinski

zinny999

Reaction score
I been using topical finesteride mixture with 15% minoxidil from Dr Lee/Dr Klein since 2009 and now I use Murray Avenue Apothecary topical 15% minoxidil/Finesteride lotion.

check my thread below:

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...md-closing-check-here-for-alternative.121814/

I have been using Monixidilmax product from spain (https://www.minoxidilmax.com/topical-finasteride-minoxidil-Dualgen-15-NO-PG-Plus).
Literally after 4 months of derma Rolling 1mm once a week with .5mm once a week and applying this directly after each rolling.
My hairline have thicken remarkably.

check out the Pic for proof.

Attachments

• WIN_20191021_16_19_50_Pro (2)_LI.jpg
    WIN_20191021_16_19_50_Pro (2)_LI.jpg
    844.1 KB · Views: 451

XSuburbiaX

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks a lot for your inputs. I really appreciate.

I started minoxidil + dermarolling a month ago and will wait results before switch.

I’m also still wondering about efficiency of topical duta, could be really interesting to have feedback on it.

jazz1

Reaction score
This is my results from Murray Avenue Apothecary 15% finesteride lotion mixture. I have some more pictures I will check tomorrow.

My regime is pretty strong hence why I have maintained my hair very well for years.

Attachments

• 16388581-6ACA-4D53-BE7A-9E684D7C0CD3.png
    16388581-6ACA-4D53-BE7A-9E684D7C0CD3.png
    773.3 KB · Views: 344
  • E46B3087-CF54-435F-AF21-AEF764E126AC.png
    E46B3087-CF54-435F-AF21-AEF764E126AC.png
    482.1 KB · Views: 291
  • 5D0733A8-0826-4551-921E-DCECE5784D7F.png
    5D0733A8-0826-4551-921E-DCECE5784D7F.png
    630.6 KB · Views: 303
  • C1A33362-6D53-454D-9D0F-65DC66069E4B.png
    C1A33362-6D53-454D-9D0F-65DC66069E4B.png
    615.7 KB · Views: 308
  • E5DBFF21-CF4A-4E5A-898B-6E43F82E50A7.png
    E5DBFF21-CF4A-4E5A-898B-6E43F82E50A7.png
    683.8 KB · Views: 307

Maxx79

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is my results from Murray Avenue Apothecary 15% finesteride lotion mixture. I have some more pictures I will check tomorrow.

My regime is pretty strong hence why I have maintained my hair very well for years.

Your crown has filled in nicely, congrats! Is this using only the Murray Avenue Apothecary 15% finasteride lotion mixture, or do you also take oral fina / duta ? Any sides from the topical finasteride?

supermusic

Established Member
Reaction score
Interesting, how long have you been using this home made topical dutasteride? Do you have any side-effects normally associated with duta?

It seems topical duta is big in Spain, several clinics there offer Duta injections in the scalp (mesotherapy) which they say give results with less risk of side effects , but I haven't heard many testimonies from other parts of the world
Hi, I'm from Spain. I've been researching in clinics that use dutasteride mesotherapy. Unfortunately, I have been able to verify that the majority of patients who experienced an improvement also took oral antiandrogens such as finasteride or dutasteride in addition to other complementary treatments.

jazz1

Reaction score
Your crown has filled in nicely, congrats! Is this using only the Murray Avenue Apothecary 15% finasteride lotion mixture, or do you also take oral fina / duta ? Any sides from the topical finasteride?

Thanks, yes mainly the 15% topical finesteride, I also use divine herbal oils

no side effects, dries very fast after i apply their lotion.

I managed to get us forum guys 10% discount check my thread, so anyone interested just use code JAZZ you will get discount.

cobill

My Regimen
Reaction score

Hi Jazz1,

Tell us more about your 15% finasteride lotion mixture ie. what else is in the mix and what is your strong regimen? Thanks,

Bill

jazz1

Reaction score
Hi Jazz1,

Tell us more about your 15% finasteride lotion mixture ie. what else is in the mix and what is your strong regimen? Thanks,

Bill

Hey you can check my thread here, you want to order use code Jazz they will give you 10% discount which I helped for us forum members since previous clinic closed.

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...md-closing-check-here-for-alternative.121814/

My mixture I use:

15% minoxidil
0.1% finesteride ( Good thing you can alter this dosage)
5% azelaic acid
0.25% progesterone
0.025% tretinoin
0.1% hydrocortisone

I also use their topical Acetyl Glutathione/Biotion/Vitamin E mixture twice per week.

Plus I buy their progesterone leave in conditioner I use 3 times per week.