Topical Finasteride. Anyone Tried This?

dginoob

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,

I have just began using Minoxidil 2 days ago. The minoxidil I am using is 6% minoxidil with 0.05% finasteride. Upon my first application I knocked the bottle over (doh!) and spilled probably around half of the contents. So yesterday I went to order more but this time ordered 15% minoxidil with 0.1% finasteride. On the suppliers website they claim that by using this, you do not need to take oral finasteride (I have ordered some oral finasteride and currently waiting on it arriving).

Has anyone tried this? And if so did you discontinue oral finasteride (or not taken it at all)? How were the results?

Thanks

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have been using it for more than a year and im still lossing hair. It helps a bit with my scalp itch, but after 1+ year, im still balding, and I see no regrowth. I use minoxidil too. Im lossing hope. I've also added spironolactone a couple days a week, same sh*t, none of this seems to do anything. Im going to add in RU. If all else fails, I guess i'll need to castrate myself with finasteride/dutasteride. If not that even falls, i'll probably *censored*.

dginoob

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry to hear you are not having any results. I started minoxidil (6%) just over 1 week again, and finasteride (oral) 3 days ago. Will most likely change to 15% minoxidil with 0.1% finasteride in around a week.

I have saw mention of RU and spironolactone on the forums, but I have no idea what they are. Do you mind explaining?

Thanks

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
what makes you think topical finasteride doesn't go systemic? I bet my *** it does.

warner8

Established Member
Reaction score
im not even sure topical finasteride even gets to the hair follicle much less go systemic

dginoob

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm willing to try pretty much anything, so I will give it a shot. Will continue with oral finasteride also.

k9gatton, where do you get your 30% min with 0.1% finasteride?

dginoob

My Regimen
Reaction score
medicalwellnesscenter.com (https://www.medicalwellnesscenter.com/).

If you are going to go that route, I strongly suggest you get hydrocortisone (.1%) with it. Otherwise,
you might be in for a bad surprise!

It comes from Pittsburgh, PA, if you're approved. If you're not approved, (scripted), you don't
pay anything.

Also, certain countries won't be shipped to. But you may not get a refund.

What is the bad surprise?