Topical Dutasteride Questions?? 21 year old severe hair loss

Lost Boy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi there i’m 21 years old with pretty severe hairloss been taking oral Dutasteride/Avodart for almost a year now no regrowth or side effects & was thinking about adding the topical version into the mix. i know where to buy it just had a few questions like how effective it is with actually regrowing your hair or stopping hair loss? Does it need to be applied everyday bc i wear Dermmatch for a few days at a time or can it be applied once a week/few days like oral dutasteride. if anyone has any knowledge on this please help guide me i don’t want to continue losing hair. thank you!

jazz1

Reaction score
So have you stopped your hairloss? Than why not add 15% minoxidil and derma roller to stimulate better regrowth....... I use 15% minoxidil with added tretinoin and derma roller.

Lost Boy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So have you stopped your hairloss? Than why not add 15% minoxidil and derma roller to stimulate better regrowth....... I use 15% minoxidil with added tretinoin and derma roller.
no i have not stopped it. i don’t use topicals because i use a concealer in which i keep on for multiple days. i was asking if topical dutasteride was something you needed to apply everyday.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
no i have not stopped it. i don’t use topicals because i use a concealer in which i keep on for multiple days. i was asking if topical dutasteride was something you needed to apply everyday.

You don't need to apply it every day as far as im aware, once a week is fine. I think that the member here called Mustang was doing that and got results.

jazz1

Reaction score
I mean Finasteride you can still apply every third day, so I’m sure as above you could apply Dutasteride once per week as the half life for finasteride is 72hours.

PeakyBlinderRob

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just my thoughts...but do you think that keeping the scalp clean and free of product is your best chance of regrowth? Once I wash out my minoxidil, I gently remove any flaking that may have built up on the scalp to keep the pores open. I am only saying this because you mentioned that you keep concealer product in your hair for multiple days.

Lost Boy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You don't need to apply it every day as far as im aware, once a week is fine. I think that the member here called Mustang was doing that and got results.
yeah i read his thread, he says only use topical but i’m wondering if i could use topical & oral dutasteride. some may find it pointless but i’d just rather be safe than sorry.

Lost Boy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I mean Finasteride you can still apply every third day, so I’m sure as above you could apply Dutasteride once per week as the half life for finasteride is 72hours.
yeah but still i’d rather get the stronger Dutasteride just bc that’s probably the one that will help regrowing more

Lost Boy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just my thoughts...but do you think that keeping the scalp clean and free of product is your best chance of regrowth? Once I wash out my minoxidil, I gently remove any flaking that may have built up on the scalp to keep the pores open. I am only saying this because you mentioned that you keep concealer product in your hair for multiple days.
well funny you say that, a year or two back i didn’t even use concealer just used minoxidil on a buzzed head for like 9-10 months, no luck. so i don’t think it’s that i just think my hair loss is super aggressive haha

PeakyBlinderRob

My Regimen
Reaction score
well funny you say that, a year or two back i didn’t even use concealer just used minoxidil on a buzzed head for like 9-10 months, no luck. so i don’t think it’s that i just think my hair loss is super aggressive haha
ahhh I see. I always find that a short buzz cut makes the hair look thicker (mine does anyway)! Do you have any pics of your current hair situation?

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Just be smart : If even orally dutasteride doesn' stop your loss, Test your thyroid ( T3 and TSH), test your iron, test your vitamins b9, b12 levels, test your vitamin D.

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just be smart : If even orally dutasteride doesn' stop your loss, Test your thyroid ( T3 and TSH), test your iron, test your vitamins b9, b12 levels, test your vitamin D.
long time since you posted man. can i know your regimen and if you're maintaining? take care

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
long time since you posted man. can i know your regimen and if you're maintaining? take care

Hi,

My stack : Dutasteride every two days. Every day : Minoxidil 5% containing : Adenosine, Tretinoine, Melatonine, Sandalore and Way' , i use stemoxydine with adenosine every day too.

Shampoo : Pelo Baum' ( contains peptides).

DrPen : Every 2 weeks at 1mm.

Orally i use a lot of things for my "whole body" : Coq10, Magnesium, B- Vitamins complex, curcumin, omega 3, cbd, zinc, copper, vitamin C, Vitamin D3+K2 mk7, vitamine A, Iodine/Iodide.....

Maintenance is OK but no "new regrowth".

Last edited:

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,

My stack : Dutasteride every two days. Every day : Minoxidil 5% containing : Adenosine, Tretinoine, Melatonine, Sandalore and Way' , i use stemoxydine with adenosine every day too.

Shampoo : Pelo Baum' ( contains peptides).

DrPen : Every 2 weeks at 1mm.

Orally i use a lot of things for my "whole body" : Coq10, Magnesium, B- Vitamins complex, curcumin, omega 3, cbd, zinc, copper, vitamin C, Vitamin D3+K2 mk7, vitamine A, Iodine/Iodide.....

Maintenance is OK but no "new regrowth".
glad to know you're maintaining. ca i know where you get your adenosine and way from?

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yeah, sometimes from ******** sometimes from a china lab. Btw, no people saw improvments with WAY so i think it's not relevant to use it.