Topical Dutasteride Case Assessment Thread

nico76

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, but this "low" DHT inhibition after just 2 doses was enough to bring my serum DHT below the normal range and it also lowered my T. I'm sure my serum DHT would drop just like with oral dutasteride if I would use it long enough.

I don't even know where I can check my scalp DHT, and I bet it's not very cheap and easy to make.
You tested your DHT serum the following day after application. Thats going to be the day when its is at is lowest. Maybe better to get DHT serum tested after 6 days just before applying your next dose. Supposedly topical dutasteride leaves the system much faster than oral duta as topical application skips 1st pass through the liver resulting in much reduced metabolite production and therefore quicker return to baseline DHT level.

jd_uk

Reaction score
I feel stronger on dutasteride at least not weaker. I carry heavy stuff at work daily I feel strong and I took it orally for 5 months. Now I'm using it topically every other day at 2.5mg. In studies of topical dutasteride they used it everyday at 1 to 2mg. So I'm gonna follow the studies. U always have to use abit higher dose because trust me half of the 2.5mg will end up in your hair. And some won't even penetrate and just be on the surface, people don't realise this it seems. Hair do absorb some at least if you apply it with dry hair which is dumb af then your hair act like a sponge lol.
With respect, you also did say that it's ruined (at least partially) your fertility. Some of these things are linked.

Chewbacca85

My Regimen
Reaction score
cause i apply in evening sometimes but i guess it's not optimal
They advise to apply it before going to bed. I'm not sure, but i think that makes sense, because androgen levels are low before bedtime, so Fluridil doesn't have compete with so much T and DHT for the receptors, which should make it easier to block them. When androgen levels rise over night the ARs should be blocked already from Fluridil so androgens can't attach.

I think Fluridil would loose the battle for the AR when it's applied in morning because androgen levels are high then.

sparta03

My Regimen
Reaction score
They advise to apply it before going to bed. I'm not sure, but i think that makes sense, because androgen levels are low before bedtime, so Fluridil doesn't have compete with so much T and DHT for the receptors, which should make it easier to block them. When androgen levels rise over night the ARs should be blocked already from Fluridil so androgens can't attach.

I think Fluridil would loose the battle for the AR when it's applied in morning because androgen levels are high then.
ok i see, i'll put it at night now for sure, ty bro

jd_uk

Reaction score

Are you using 2% fluridil?

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I seriously hope u guys don't apply topical dutasteride in the morning after a shower and walks around with dutasteride still on your scalp and hair this is insane if you do. It's suposed to be washed out after 4 hours, it then has already penetrated into the skin. Walking around outside and at your work place or anywhere especially near kids is dangerous, imagine you touching your hair, small particles of duta will be on your hand and you touch a baby or a child and he licks his fingers or you touch any object anywhere with duta particles on your hand from touching your damn hair. Apply it at night wait 4 hours or more and then wash it out.

Last edited:

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
With respect, you also did say that it's ruined (at least partially) your fertility. Some of these things are linked.
Well I do have reduced sperm and it don't shoot out anymore no clue why it don't shoot out with force anymore I'm curious to ask a doctor why. I'm planning on taking oral once weekly now to see if I can tolerate it and use topical every other day.

jd_uk

Reaction score
I seriously hope u guys don't apply topical dutasteride in the morning after a shower and walks around with dutasteride still on your scalp and hair this is insane if you do. It's suposed to be washed out after 4 hours, it then has already penetrated into the skin. Walking around outside and at your work place or anywhere especially near kids is dangerous, imagine you touching your hair, small particles of duta will be on your hand and you touch a baby or a child and he licks his fingers or you touch any object anywhere with duta particles on your hand from touching your damn hair. Apply it at night wait 4 hours and then wash it out.
Well said.

jd_uk

Reaction score
yes, daily
Also interested whether any results or sides. Had hopes for fluridil but last time I heard some of those guys using 7% reported gyno and they're not really doing their testing very well (no blood tests and hadn't tested even if the drug was pure yet).

Chewbacca85

My Regimen
Reaction score
Also interested whether any results or sides. Had hopes for fluridil but last time I heard some of those guys using 7% reported gyno and they're not really doing their testing very well (no blood tests and hadn't tested even if the drug was pure yet).
I used it together with topical finasteride 0.025% over 3 months, I had good results, don't know if they were from finasteride or Fluridil, propably from finasteride, after that time I developed insomnia, but I'm quiet sure that came from topical finasteride going systemic, since I had it also with oral finasteride

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had some thoughts. Because topical dutasteride can and will go systemic to a small extent and build up in the system over time. Especially if you derma stamp to reach the follicles better as in mesotherapy. And also because I used topical EOD I may aswell take it orally then, I simply don't believe once weekly application is effective enough. I'm gonna try and see what oral 1mg daily do to my sleep. And apply topically once weekly with stamping. I remmeber losing so little hair on 2mg oral daily. Pretty crazy how fue clinics thrisoshol which is a vegetable oil of sorts without needling lowered Chewbaccas dht by 36% in just 2 weeks. It would build up had he continued using it like he says himself.

Last edited:

georgman

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Mustang have you ever tried Fagron's Trichofoam as a vehicle? I'm asking because I'm using FUE's 01% Trichosol solution and I'm not sure if I reach full coverage of the scalp when I apply it. I saw a video on youtube of the Trichofoam and it looks like this is much better suited to cover the scalp. Last thing, how do you apply? Just randomly between the hairs or do you use a comb and part your hair several times?