Topical Dutasteride Case Assessment Thread

Chewbacca85

My Regimen
Reaction score
I did a bloodwork.
After 2 doses once per week of around 1.5ml dutasteride Trichosol 0.1% from Fue Clinic

my DHT dropped from
349 ng/l
to
222 ng/l (36% lower)
(250-990 normal)

Total Testosterone dropped from
722 ng/dl
to
525 ng/dl (27% lower)
(270-1070 normal)

Both tests were done at approx. the same time but at different labs.
The second test was done 1 day after the second dose of dutasteride.

Thats way more than I expected, I think there would be much more absorption and DHT suppression if I would continue.
Since dutasteride also inhibts 5AR Type 1 in the brain there would be maby even more cognitive sides than with finasteride.

If it's possible to get a lower concentration by adding more Trichosol? I don't know if it's available in Germany.

Or maby I should take it only every 2 weeks, but who knows if thats enough to help.
I think I noticed an increased shedding after the first dose.

Regarding sides, I think my insomnia that I still have after quitting Topical finasteride 2 months ago went worse again.

sparta03

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bro your test shouldn’t drop like this if duta goes systemic, maybe u was in a bad week and test went down, so did dht

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I did a bloodwork.
After 2 doses once per week of around 1.5ml dutasteride Trichosol 0.1% from Fue Clinic

my DHT dropped from
349 ng/l
to
222 ng/l (36% lower)
(250-990 normal)

722 ng/dl
to
525 ng/dl (27% lower)
(270-1070 normal)

Thats way more than I expected, I think there would be much more absorption and DHT suppression if I would continue.
Since dutasteride also inhibts 5AR Type 1 in the brain there would be maby even more cognitive sides than with finasteride.

If it's possible to get a lower concentration by adding more Trichosol? I don't know if it's available in Germany.

Or maby I should take it only every 2 weeks, but who knows if thats enough to help.

Regarding sides, I think my insomnia that I still have after quitting Topical finasteride 2 months ago went worse again.
Dutasteride insomnia side effect is my worst side effect. I have developed dark circles now due to bad quality sleep. Your insomnia after quitting finasteride did it improve? It can get to your head too that u think u still have insomnia despite quitting. You didn't needle when using topical dutasteride right? So this is good proof that mustang is nothing but a shill for fue clinic obviously.

Last edited:

Chewbacca85

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dutasteride insomnia side effect is my worst side effect. I have developed dark circles now due to bad quality sleep. Your insomnia after quitting finasteride did it improve? It can get to your head too that u think u still have insomnia despite quitting. You didn't needle when using topical dutasteride right? So this is good proof that mustang is just a shill and promoter for fue clinic obviously. As he claimed barely any systemic dht drop from thrisoshol. Thank u for doing these tests ur a hero to the community.
The insomnia started very mild while I was on oral and topical finasteride, but it went much worse after quitting. It improved over the last 2 months, but I think it went worse again after starting topical dutasteride. But you are right, I think a part of it psychosomatic, the closer bedtime comes, the more anxious I get.

I didn't do derma needling.

I'm thinking about returning to super low dose topical finasteride, I think I will try 0.005% maybe 2x per week. I had quiet good results with 0.025% topical finasteride EOD, but it went systemic.

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In absolute numbers your DHT only dropped 9%. Your test was 27% lower the second time.

My test varies from 320 with a poor night sleep and a glass of wine to 750 with proper sleep and good diet.

I would suggest you lower the dose to 0.05% or even 0.01% for Topical Dutasteride since you are very sensible to 5AR inhibitors apparently

I have heard about the insomnia from Finasteride and Dutasteride users as well. I had quite bad insomnia on it too but not on Topical Dutasteride. I wonder why that is.

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Topical finasteride also dropped my total and free T significantly after 3 months, I think thats just the way my body reacts to 5AR inhibition

It raised your estrogen therefor decreased your LH output and Test.

I have always said that the use of dutasteride and finasteride decreases serum testosterone despite many saying it increases it. It doesn't make any sense as E2 will rise and whatever is not converted to DHT will not remain as free test on the long run.

There are several studies of men on finasteride becoming almost Hypogonadal after 2 years of usage.

Chewbacca85

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would suggest you lower the dose to 0.05% or even 0.01% for Topical Dutasteride since you are very sensible to 5AR inhibitors apparently
Just by adding more Trichosol? Do you know if it's available in German pharmacies? Or do they ship it?

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They make a bottle at 0.01% (labelled as mesotherapy) but it can be used topically as well

You should try their natural mesotherapy formula with Saw Palmetto 5% and a bunch of other stuff if you are sensitive to 5AR inhibition since that will only reduce it much less

It actually works

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I pay 55 EUR for 0.1%
It lasts me 3 months so about 25 EUR a month with shipping

jd_uk

Reaction score
Permanent infertility from oral dutasteride is possible apparently. Even 6 months off the drug and still low sperm count . I'm pretty close to infertile I believe after 5 months on it orally. I will only use it topically now. My sperm is fucked can't even shoot it out anymore its less sperm and saw clumps in it and my sleep is bad. I slept good tonight took sleeping pill and haven't used oral for 4 days now.
In a dutasteride mesotherapy study fertility was lowered as well. Unfortunately I don't believe it's the answer for people who are averse to these risks.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
In a dutasteride mesotherapy study fertility was lowered as well. Unfortunately I don't believe it's the answer for people who are averse to these risks.
I value my hair more than my sperm. Rather look good with poor sperm than look ugly and old and unattractive bald. And I don't plan to have kids It's just not worth it. And trust me I would look absolutely retarded bald as my head shape is the worst shape for baldness. This is why I'm ready to sacrifice my sperm. My penis hardness and libido is still insanely good.

Last edited:

jd_uk

Reaction score
I value my hair more than my sperm. Rather look good with poor sperm than look ugly and old and unattractive bald. And I don't plan to have kids It's just not worth it. And trust me I would look absolutely retarded bald as my head shape is the worst shape for baldness. This is why I'm ready to sacrifice my sperm. My penis hardness and libido is still insanely good.
To each their own.

Btg

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It raised your estrogen therefor decreased your LH output and Test.

I have always said that the use of dutasteride and finasteride decreases serum testosterone despite many saying it increases it. It doesn't make any sense as E2 will rise and whatever is not converted to DHT will not remain as free test on the long run.

There are several studies of men on finasteride becoming almost Hypogonadal after 2 years of usage.
total Test increases , but so does SHBG , so free test decreases with finasteride/dutasteride ( as was recorded from a study , cant really bother to find it )

jd_uk

Reaction score
total Test increases , but so does SHBG , so free test decreases with finasteride/dutasteride ( as was recorded from a study , cant really bother to find it )
And free test is what is important I believe.

It was the Egyptian study. But also another study seemed to confirm it in its summary. Anecdotally I've heard a couple of people say their free test rose after finasteride but I do think it's the opposite for most.

If people are going to seriously consider topical dutasteride a low risk option then its just going to need as many people as possible to figure out a low enough dose which doesn't go systemic/lower DHT basically at all but still has a positive impact on hair. Because I think if any goes systemic then it's eventually just gonna build up, and with the long half life will keep things knocked out in the body for a long time.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
And free test is what is important I believe.

It was the Egyptian study. But also another study seemed to confirm it in its summary. Anecdotally I've heard a couple of people say their free test rose after finasteride but I do think it's the opposite for most.

If people are going to seriously consider topical dutasteride a low risk option then its just going to need as many people as possible to figure out a low enough dose which doesn't go systemic/lower DHT basically at all but still has a positive impact on hair. Because I think if any goes systemic then it's eventually just gonna build up, and with the long half life will keep things knocked out in the body for a long time.
I feel stronger on dutasteride at least not weaker. I carry heavy stuff at work daily I feel strong and I took it orally for 5 months. Now I'm using it topically every other day at 2.5mg. In studies of topical dutasteride they used it everyday at 1 to 2mg. So I'm gonna follow the studies. U always have to use abit higher dose because trust me half of the 2.5mg will end up in your hair. And some won't even penetrate and just be on the surface, people don't realise this it seems. Hair do absorb some at least if you apply it with dry hair which is dumb af then your hair act like a sponge lol.

Last edited:

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I did a bloodwork.

my DHT dropped from
349 ng/l
to
222 ng/l (36% lower)
(250-990 normal)

722 ng/dl
to
525 ng/dl (27% lower)
(270-1070 normal)

It's pretty a "low" dht inhibition. I wonder how will be your value after 3 month.
I'm on oral dutasteride, my dutasteride dropper to 0,07 ! ( no joke).

Now THE question is.....what about your scalp DHT ?

Chewbacca85

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's pretty a "low" dht inhibition. I wonder how will be your value after 3 month.
I'm on oral dutasteride, my dutasteride dropper to 0,07 ! ( no joke).

Now THE question is.....what about your scalp DHT ?
Yes, but this "low" DHT inhibition after just 2 doses was enough to bring my serum DHT below the normal range and it also lowered my T. I'm sure my serum DHT would drop just like with oral dutasteride if I would use it long enough.

I don't even know where I can check my scalp DHT, and I bet it's not very cheap and easy to make.

sparta03

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, but this "low" DHT inhibition after just 2 doses was enough to bring my serum DHT below the normal range and it also lowered my T. I'm sure my serum DHT would drop just like with oral dutasteride if I would use it long enough.

I don't even know where I can check my scalp DHT, and I bet it's not very cheap and easy to make.
Hi dude do you apply fluridil before bed ?