Topical Dutasteride Case Assessment Thread

Equal Rights

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When you say losing, do you mean shedding? Sometimes shedding stays the same but your hair itself is getting over time or maintaining
Lol no. This is not a shed, its a continuous balding b*tch. I had a hair transplant and right before the summer it looked best as it was approximately a year later. Atm there is a clear bald strip between my transplanted hair and my actual hair, I can also see my scalp through both the transplant and actual hair (which was not the case before). At first, it really looked like finasteride worked in the first month of me taking it, couldn't even forcefully pull my hair out, but then it stopped working entirely. It seems like there is 0 maintenance but I am afraid to stop it and see how bad it might get.

polishkickbuttowski

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can be another example of sides coming back! When I started duta i had the ball pains for a week, literally feels like blue balls. Then no sides for 8months, on the 8th month I got VERY bloated face and my beard very suddenly lost half of its density (and i mean half, I went from armanian density to highschool peach fuzz). After 1 week of discontinuing duta and going back to finasteride, my face returned to normal, beard also coming back, most likely being helped by oral castor oil and oral min. Cant attest for sexual sides as I was single and my way of masturbation then didn't require an erection. Changing that now to keep a close eye on it.
Were you on low dose topical dutasteride like were talking about in this thread or a different protocol?

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol no. This is not a shed, its a continuous balding b*tch. I had a hair transplant and right before the summer it looked best as it was approximately a year later. Atm there is a clear bald strip between my transplanted hair and my actual hair, I can also see my scalp through both the transplant and actual hair (which was not the case before). At first, it really looked like finasteride worked in the first month of me taking it, couldn't even forcefully pull my hair out, but then it stopped working entirely. It seems like there is 0 maintenance but I am afraid to stop it and see how bad it might get.
Sounds like your clinic/dr who preformed the procedure didn’t feather your new grafts from the front to the back!

Equal Rights

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Were you on low dose topical dutasteride like were talking about in this thread or a different protocol?
Should have mentioned it. No, I took oral duta at 0.5mg/day. Only a few people have the luxury of topical duta not going systemic (or to a minimal degree), from what I have seen here that wont be the case for most of us.

polishkickbuttowski

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Should have mentioned it. No, I took oral duta at 0.5mg/day. Only a few people have the luxury of topical duta not going systemic (or to a minimal degree), from what I have seen here that wont be the case for most of us.
Theres no doubt that a low dose topical one a week is gonna have way less side effects than oral every day. You probably had 0 dht, but if we can get only 30-40% reduction with topical than way more guys are gonna be able to tolerate it.

Equal Rights

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Theres no doubt that a low dose topical one a week is gonna have way less side effects than oral every day. You probably had 0 dht, but if we can get only 30-40% reduction with topical than way more guys are gonna be able to tolerate it.
I agree topical duta has more potential than topical finasteride. and as per mustangs experiment I think it could be a solution for a lot of guys. Tbh when i recover my d*ck (praying to god). I will try to find a place that would test my scalp dht and try minimal topical duta and increase it over time while keeping close eye on the test. But thats some time away, as i want to try oral finasteride/CB or OH-flut + PGD2 antagonist first.

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You just wrote that it CERTAINLY did, but you CAN'T attribute it to topical dutasteride. Are you for real? The king of contraddictions.

1) You still didn't get it. Not surprising.

2) This goes along with you owning 3 businesses and having a complex pharmaceutical formula for your topical dutasteride that you couldn't disclose on a forum. My regimen is actually inspired by your claims.
Sorry pal, but you have been proven to be a liar. What you claim is worth 0.

3) Sure. E2 is irrelevant because it fluctuates wildly according to you, but with DHT you have to go with the average leakage. You clearly still didn't get what paracrine hormone means. E2 and DHT work the same exact way.
Google it, educate yourself.

4) You clearly didn't know it, since you said that he's enjoying high free T4 levels which is not a bad thing. Quite the opposite. Keep contradicting yourself.

I explained myself poorly, apologies, English is not my first language. What I meant to say is that my thyroid is not optimal (High TSH and low Free T4) but I can't attribute it to topical dutasteride.

1) I think you are the one who doesn't get it. Again, if TT it's permanently bound or not is irrelevant in his case. Again, context.

2) I don't have a complex pharmaceutical formula, it's not my formula. I can't disclose what I don't own. If you buy Parati's Topical Dutasteride you will be able to read from the label that their formula is extensive. I am glad I have been able to help you with your regimen, that is the point of this threat.

3) DHT doesn't fluctuate as widely as E2 does. You can't manipulate DHT through diet or body fat index to the extent you can manipulate estrogen. Even eating dairy products the night prior to my bloodwork will elevate E2. DHT I can raise a little with Creatine, that's it.

4) High free T4 levels (within range) is not a bad thing if your TSH is within range which I believe he had.

Instead of trying to be a c*** towards me you should invest your time on helping others. Dr Google will only get you so far...

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Mustang is the Supreme God of contradiction

20 pages of constant contradiction. What a performance!

But the fact that a lot of people on this thread don't see it is stunning :D

Hope just makes you blind

Oh they do buddy, they just are a little smarter than you.

You can learn a lot from an idiot!

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree topical duta has more potential than topical finasteride. and as per mustangs experiment I think it could be a solution for a lot of guys. Tbh when i recover my d*ck (praying to god). I will try to find a place that would test my scalp dht and try minimal topical duta and increase it over time while keeping close eye on the test. But thats some time away, as i want to try oral finasteride/CB or OH-flut + PGD2 antagonist first.

Topical Finasteride gave me the worse sides I ever had. Brain fog (unbearable) and ED.
Topical Dutasteride gave me none. I used it every 10 days, sometimes every 2 weeks. Hair loss was completely halted and my crown had complete regrowth. I was not doing anything else and was cautious on frequency as I was scared of sides.

Bottom line is it will reduce scalp DHT much more than oral or topical finasteride while reducing plasma DHT much less than either. Probably due to molecular weight. I should have had 0 DHT with the massive dose I applied and it was not the case, neither for other forum members that did bloodwork. So yes, for now and with CB at 5% it's the best option out there if you want minimal side effects.

Is it side effect free? No.
Does it go systemic? Yes

Has it been side effect free for me? Yes.

Why that annoys some idiots on this threat is beyond me. Be happy someone is sharing their experience and see if it works for you.

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had massive sides with topical dutasteride recently. It nuked my plasma DHT

Am I contradicting myself again?

xD

jackisback

My Regimen
Reaction score
Update:

I have been using Farmacia Parati for like 2 months now 0.5% liposomal. 1mg with nitrile gloves. Aimed at doing it every 5 days (since others were doing 1% every 10 days), but I've been missing it and doing like every 7-8 days I think.

So far: no side effect whatsoever that I have noticed, except maybe weight gain as I am starting to get fat as f***. Still shedding hairs sometimes, though. I feel like I'm still losing hairs, and am considering increasing to the 1%. Next week I will try to get bloodwork after application, but not sure when is best (thinking 3 hrs later). I don't need to get a baseline--it's always been about the same in the past.

Background: have had sides with everything (even topical minoxidil, topical, liposomal Farmacia Parati finasteride) in the past. Had a script for non-liposomal dutasteride before I got the good stuff, but I was too scared to try it.

Current Status: 5000 grafts transplanted into hairline, but pretty bad diffuse thinning and flat out balding in spots. I'm blonde, so that helps a bit. I think when I quit topical minoxidil was when I got totally rekt. Thinking about getting back on it as a liquid or oral, as I think it was something in the foam that started to bother me. Not sure if it's worth getting back on, though.

Equal Rights

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had massive sides with topical dutasteride recently. It nuked my plasma DHT

Am I contradicting myself again?

xD
Bro what!?????? Your 2 posts are 1min apart and one says it was side effect free, then right after you say you got sides. My only hope for topical duta is fadinggg.

Canuto

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I explained myself poorly, apologies, English is not my first language. What I meant to say is that my thyroid is not optimal (High TSH and low Free T4) but I can't attribute it to topical dutasteride.

1) I think you are the one who doesn't get it. Again, if TT it's permanently bound or not is irrelevant in his case. Again, context.

2) I don't have a complex pharmaceutical formula, it's not my formula. I can't disclose what I don't own. If you buy Parati's Topical Dutasteride you will be able to read from the label that their formula is extensive. I am glad I have been able to help you with your regimen, that is the point of this threat.

3) DHT doesn't fluctuate as widely as E2 does. You can't manipulate DHT through diet or body fat index to the extent you can manipulate estrogen. Even eating dairy products the night prior to my bloodwork will elevate E2. DHT I can raise a little with Creatine, that's it.

4) High free T4 levels (within range) is not a bad thing if your TSH is within range which I believe he had.

Instead of trying to be a c*** towards me you should invest your time on helping others. Dr Google will only get you so far...

1) He took boron, as I said twice already, but you didn't get it. The effect won't last, as all the supplements, and will level out.

2) You should have said since the beginning your topical dutasteride was from Parati, not claiming you very having a very complex formula you couldn't disclose.
And I was sarcastic about my regimen, you didn't help me.

3) Did you read this on Men's health or saw it on Dr. Oz? This wins the award of the bro-science statement of the year. For the third time, go read what a paracrine hormone means and how it works.

4) No, plain no, and I explained why it could be considered sub-clinical hypothyroidism with TSH values higher than 2.5.

I reply to several PM every day helping out people and I don't sell anything. That doesn't apply to you from what I've been reported.

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
Topical Finasteride gave me the worse sides I ever had. Brain fog (unbearable) and ED.
Topical Dutasteride gave me none. I used it every 10 days, sometimes every 2 weeks. Hair loss was completely halted and my crown had complete regrowth. I was not doing anything else and was cautious on frequency as I was scared of sides.

Bottom line is it will reduce scalp DHT much more than oral or topical finasteride while reducing plasma DHT much less than either. Probably due to molecular weight. I should have had 0 DHT with the massive dose I applied and it was not the case, neither for other forum members that did bloodwork. So yes, for now and with CB at 5% it's the best option out there if you want minimal side effects.

Does it go systemic? Yes

Why that annoys some idiots on this threat is beyond me. Be happy someone is sharing their experience and see if it works for you.
I had 0 sides aswell yesterday i applied 2ml of 0.5%

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score

Does it go systemic? Yes

how long did you use it for until u saw regrowth ?

SausageDawg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If people could explain how they're applying it and whether it's a gel or a liquid would be hugely appreciated! I'm just trying to imagine how I'd apply it to a large portion of my scalp without megadosing. Details like dry scalp/wet scalp, cotton buds etc. Again, I appreciate the bravery and effort lads.

telogen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
pyoHKKi.jpg

tried both of these, both are giving sides. Fina was manable, even shortly after needling, but too weak to maintain on while duta is giving far worse sides (strong headaches, clouding of consciousness, weak libido). Not really surprising when you're supressing large amount of dht in different types of tissues. I will try to ride out the sides on the dutasteride for a month or two but after that i'm done with it if my body haven't manage to compensate. In my opinion, AR agonists like ru or oh-flut is far more superior then these two drugs maintaining the hairline and temples.

jackisback

My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 147500

tried both of these, both are giving sides. Fina was manable, even shortly after needling, but too weak to maintain on while duta is giving far worse sides (strong headaches, clouding of consciousness, weak libido). Not really surprising when you're supressing large amount of dht in different types of tissues. I will try to ride out the sides on the dutasteride for a month or two but after that i'm done with it if my body haven't manage to compensate. In my opinion, AR agonists like ru or oh-flut is far more superior then these two drugs maintaining the hairline and temples.

Why would you needle while using this stuff? Especially early on. Totally negates using the liposomal.

oddmood

My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 147500
worse sides (strong headaches, clouding of consciousness, weak libido).
Hm, headaches seems to be reported with dutasteride but not with finasteride, maybe because 5-AR1 is expressed more in brain an dutasteride it's a strong type 1 inhibitor.? Also, take a look at this case with a 26 years old experiencing strong headaches while on oral dutasteride.