Topical Dutasteride Case Assessment Thread

corkmeister

Established Member
Reaction score
So how are the people here claiming they measured scalp DHT doing it?

Because they live in different countries, and their specific situation is different?
Im also using dutasteride 0.25% every 3 days in trichosol format for the last 4 months and it doesn't do anything so far. I use like 4mls per application, no sides.

Now im looking at dutasteride mesotheraphy monthly at 0.05%, and I want to measure my scalp DHT and compare it to my current treatment and see if it does anything extra.

Honestly if topical finasteride reduced your serum dht by 70% but did nothing, and applying 4ml*0.25% of dutasteride every 3 days did nothing, then I don't think dht is what's causing your hairloss.

Abomination

My Regimen
Reaction score
There is not much to explain. My initial assessment was wrong. I had sides with other vehicles on Finasteride and wrongly assumed Liposomes was what was preventing them.

A fellow forum member on the another forum used a different vehicle (non Liposomal) and had the same results. 80-90% scalp DHT reduction confirmed high performance liquid chromatography a few days after my original post. His serum DHT was reduced 20% I believe.

I felt by then I could recommend this with other vehicles

I apologize if I confused you
How do we get "high performance liquid chromatography" done? And why isn't this used in studies if it's a trusted method?

Abomination

My Regimen
Reaction score
Did oral fina/duta work to stop you hairloss?
Never tried oral. Not really looking forward to taking a pill that nukes your DHT at random tissues. The topical may have lowered the free DHT circulating on the bloodwork but I think it didn't build up on like c***/ball tissues and stuff. I would be worried about sides with orals tbh. What I don't understand is how can dutasteride mesotherapy show this good results once every 3 months if the half life of dutasteride is far less than 3 months:

Still waiting to see a reply for this. I want to try this every month in a clinic and see what happens. I've seen some people claiming it helped a bit and others that it does once again sh*t nothing so I don't know what to thing. Anyway im willing to try this before risking it with orals.

corkmeister

Established Member
Reaction score
Never tried oral. Not really looking forward to taking a pill that nukes your DHT at random tissues. The topical may have lowered the free DHT circulating on the bloodwork but I think it didn't build up on like c***/ball tissues and stuff. I would be worried about sides with orals tbh. What I don't understand is how can dutasteride mesotherapy show this good results once every 3 months if the half life of dutasteride is far less than 3 months:

Still waiting to see a reply for this. I want to try this every month in a clinic and see what happens. I've seen some people claiming it helped a bit and others that it does once again sh*t nothing so I don't know what to thing. Anyway im willing to try this before risking it with orals.

If topical finasteride reduced your serum dht by 70%, you might as well have been taking it orally. Serum dht is just a reflection of what's going on in tissues. Same goes for applying 10mg of topical dutasteride every 3 days, most likely.

Abomination

My Regimen
Reaction score
Because they live in different countries, and their specific situation is different?

Honestly if topical finasteride reduced your serum dht by 70% but did nothing, and applying 4ml*0.25% of dutasteride every 3 days did nothing, then I don't think dht is what's causing your hairloss.
Well they live in a different country right... but so what, how's the method called? I want to know how they do it so I can find an equivalent here.

And if the DHT is not causing the hairloss then what would be it? What the hell would cause the classic widow peak recesion with the center of "hair island" shape? On top of my hair the hairloss pattern is a bit more messy, perhaps FAGA, but at the front it looks like classic male pattern baldness, with most of the density remaining on the center.

I only could say that my cortisol came in high as well as thyroid antibodies, TSH is rather high. I take meds for the thyroid, but antibodies always come elevated. Docs don't do anything other than wait or lower the T4 meds ad infinitum. And I had to pay for these labs because they don't even check for antibodies anymore.

Vitamin D results are low because I don't get much sun, and I don't want to take supplements. I should buy one of these UV lamps for the winter.

Anyway these are probably irrelevant. They may decrease your hairloss quality, make you lose density... but I don't buy they cause you a horseshoe patter on the front. I would rather buy the argument that other androgens like T are still causing miniaturization which means I would need something like RU. However, you can't trust some chinese dude with a "purity certificate" so I would need to test each bach I buy which is annoying, and im not even sure how I would go about finding a lab that would test the RU I bought "for a rat". Also, nobody has proven that chronically targeting androgen receptors as RU and CB do wouldn't end up in an increased up-regulation long term thus causing you going bald at smaller amounts of exposure to androgens.

Abomination

My Regimen
Reaction score
If topical finasteride reduced your serum dht by 70%, you might as well have been taking it orally. Serum dht is just a reflection of what's going on in tissues. Same goes for applying 10mg of topical dutasteride every 3 days, most likely.

How im supposed to apply less? I can't get good coverage with less than 4ml. Also if it was a reflection of every single tissue then why I have no sides at these high dosses? My c*** and balls are very dark compared to the rest of my body which is white, this means high androgenic activity. Orgasms are strong. Im skinny but defined like a flyweight boxer and I sit on my *** most of my day, so what's going on here? We don't really know if things would be different if I went orally.

And I did test my free and total test too and they aren't even high, just average.

The only thing that annoys me is that I no longer spray big amounts of c*m. Oh and the fact that the hairloss wouldn't f*****g stop.

corkmeister

Established Member
Reaction score
So if it was a reflection of every single tissue then why I have no sides at these high dosses? My c*** and balls are very dark compared to the rest of my body which is white, this means high androgenic activity. Orgasms are strong. Im skinny but defined like a flyweight boxer and I sit on my *** most of my day, so what's going on here? We don't really know if things would be different if I went orally.

And I did test my free and total test too and they aren't even high, just average.

The only thing that annoys me is that I no longer spray big amounts of c*m. Oh and the fact that the hairloss wouldn't f*****g stop.

Because not everyone has side effects on these drugs. A reduction of 70% only happens if significant amounts of these drugs are present in circulation. That reduction reflects a major decrease in 5-alpha-reductase type 2 activity through the body. Why would the drug somehow skip certain tissues, such as your testicles, just because the drug entered through the skin rather than through the stomach? Where do you think that 70% reduction in serum dht is coming from?

Abomination

My Regimen
Reaction score
It does penetrate pretty good from what we have seen from the data in the discord channel. Even with just Trichosol, without liposomes.
I really want to drop the trichosol beause it smells odd. How do you rate finastopic? I reckon I can pick the duta in the pharmacy in finastopic format as well which would solve the smell problem. Also, if it has increased penetration and has a longer expiration date I would spend the extra money.

Abomination

My Regimen
Reaction score
I will start using 0.1% 3 times a week once back on TRT.
Once a week is still more than enough for natural.

You can immediately see the effect of this medication as it reduces shedding very fast.

I use 4ml at 0.25% every 3 days, it doesn't reduce shedding.

SausageDawg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The format i've got is liquid. I have to use 4ml because otherwise I don't understand how people get coverage for all potential balding spots. You have to cover the whole NW9 area and you can't cover that with less than 4ml.
Exactly my concern when it comes to scalp coverage.. im assuming yours is in a spray bottle? As for your situation I truly believe it's hard to differentiate your hair loss if you're applying it alongside minoxidil. 4 months wouldnt be a fair representation of enough time with any treatment too, do you have any before/now pics as shedding isnt the most reliable of indicators.

Abomination

My Regimen
Reaction score
Because not everyone has side effects on these drugs. A reduction of 70% only happens if significant amounts of these drugs are present in circulation. That reduction reflects a major decrease in 5-alpha-reductase type 2 activity through the body. Why would the drug somehow skip certain tissues, such as your testicles, just because the drug entered through the skin rather than through the stomach? Where do you think that 70% reduction in serum dht is coming from?
The tissue itself produces DHT localised and if there is high affinity in local area, it gets binded quickly and doesn't have enough time to go in the bloodstream. This would be an explanation for what you aren't explaining (how the hell I have no sides and still have strong orgasms like a teenager and have a very lean body with no exercise)

Abomination

My Regimen
Reaction score
Exactly my concern when it comes to scalp coverage.. im assuming yours is in a spray bottle? As for your situation I truly believe it's hard to differentiate your hair loss if you're applying it alongside minoxidil. 4 months wouldnt be a fair representation of enough time with any treatment too, do you have any before/now pics as shedding isnt the most reliable of indicators.
Trust me im losing ground. I don't take pics often but im an expert in judging this, too many years of experience. I don't see why would drop minoxidil, i've been applying it for years. Also it increases bloodflow which is a basic thing to do for hairloss anyway.

I guess you could buy trichosol or whatever you are using for your dutas, and mix it up in more trichosol, but that's too much work tbh.

Mine is spray bottle but i use a plastic syringe. I pick 3 ml for the hairline, temples and vertex areas, and I do use the spray on the crown because it's too annoying to put the liquid on a curved surface where you can't even see where you are exactly putting it. So I use the spray there and use the other hand to hold a mirror and see where im aiming. So Im assuming I use around 4ml total.

SausageDawg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Trust me im losing ground. I don't take pics often but im an expert in judging this, too many years of experience. I don't see why would drop minoxidil, i've been applying it for years. Also it increases bloodflow which is a basic thing to do for hairloss anyway.

I guess you could buy trichosol or whatever you are using for your dutas, and mix it up in more trichosol, but that's too much work tbh.

Mine is spray bottle but i use a plastic syringe. I pick 3 ml for the hairline, temples and vertex areas, and I do use the spray on the crown because it's too annoying to put the liquid on a curved surface where you can't even see where you are exactly putting it. So I use the spray there and use the other hand to hold a mirror and see where im aiming. So Im assuming I use around 4ml total.
Oh yeah I'm not telling you to drop anything, it's just it's difficult to comment on shedding when you're using minoxidil. But I would still give the duta some more time, 6 months seems to be the absolute minimum when it comes to evaluating density loss. You also gotta question whether it's a result of a spike in test from duta if you're saying the hairloss is recent. I'm questioning whether to apply it to my temples for this reason.

Thank you so much, very helpful indeed. I can imagine I'd adopt a similar approach as yours. My guess is you're locked in to your dosage bcus of the minoxidil but doing this for a half an hour every 7-10 days seems like a great trade off.

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How im supposed to apply less? I can't get good coverage with less than 4ml. Also if it was a reflection of every single tissue then why I have no sides at these high dosses? My c*** and balls are very dark compared to the rest of my body which is white, this means high androgenic activity. Orgasms are strong. Im skinny but defined like a flyweight boxer and I sit on my *** most of my day, so what's going on here? We don't really know if things would be different if I went orally.

You can apply less by reducing the concentration.

Try CB-03-01 + dutasteride if you can afford it. Or RU58841

You are clearly prone to test.

Abomination

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dutasteride won't do anything for your hairline or temples mate.
Sorry.

Why it wouldn't do anything when there's before and afters of finasteride users that clearly helped on such areas? what would be the point of taking it if it didn't work there anyway?
You can apply less by reducing the concentration.

Try CB-03-01 + dutasteride if you can afford it. Or RU58841

You are clearly prone to test.

Where can you measure your DHT on the scalp as I asked before? we should measure both DHT and T on the scalp to clear any doubts. We could have conclusive proof that what's causing my hairloss is T and not only DHT and I could document it if you just tell us how to measure the DHT and T on the scalp.

The problem is once again: Using RU and CB makes you go bald faster eventually due up-regulation of chronically trying to block androgens. I haven't seen proof that this isn't the cause.

BTW, where do you buy the liposomal dutasteride? Im on trichosol, and will try finastopic soon because trichosol smell sucks.

Abomination

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh yeah I'm not telling you to drop anything, it's just it's difficult to comment on shedding when you're using minoxidil. But I would still give the duta some more time, 6 months seems to be the absolute minimum when it comes to evaluating density loss. You also gotta question whether it's a result of a spike in test from duta if you're saying the hairloss is recent. I'm questioning whether to apply it to my temples for this reason.

Thank you so much, very helpful indeed. I can imagine I'd adopt a similar approach as yours. My guess is you're locked in to your dosage bcus of the minoxidil but doing this for a half an hour every 7-10 days seems like a great trade off.
Im using it every 3-4 days, where is the proof that 7-10 days is enough?
The hairloss is not recent, i've been slowly lossing my hair for the past 10 years, I started topical finasteride 8 years ago, and before dutasteride I was seeing my hairline to be undefined, so I wanted to add more firepower and added the trichosol dutasteride, which does nothing so far.

corkmeister

Established Member
Reaction score
The tissue itself produces DHT localised and if there is high affinity in local area, it gets binded quickly and doesn't have enough time to go in the bloodstream. This would be an explanation for what you aren't explaining (how the hell I have no sides and still have strong orgasms like a teenager and have a very lean body with no exercise)

Well, you got me there; sounds like you've thought this through. Good luck!

Last edited:

SausageDawg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im using it every 3-4 days, where is the proof that 7-10 days is enough?
The hairloss is not recent, i've been slowly lossing my hair for the past 10 years, I started topical finasteride 8 years ago, and before dutasteride I was seeing my hairline to be undefined, so I wanted to add more firepower and added the trichosol dutasteride, which does nothing so far.
You're asking for proof of things that are currently being experimented with. If by proof you mean anecdotal - then we have two people who claim cessation of shedding when dosed every 7-10 days, but there isnt a whole lot we can prove to you tbh.. we dont actually owe you any proof really as it's all your choice lol. Did topical fina stop/reduce/increase shedding? You have to consider the difference in the testosterone spike between duta and fina. I think something else needs to be used on hairline imo.