Topical Cetrizine for Hair Loss instead of Finasteride (Propecia)

Jack A

Established Member
Reaction score
Having tried finasteride for 5 months and quit because of sides, would like to try this out. Where do people on here get theirs from?

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Checking at 8 months of Cet use. Overall Cet is not a cure but it's slowly improving and I think is working as well as finasteride did.

I've not taken any pictures since the last time but I'm certain that my existing hair is MUCH more healthy. I've yet
to restart the shedding that was happening prior to starting Cet so I know it's maintaining at the very least. I'll take some
pics next month at the 9 month mark for comparison.

Just to recap for the new guys: I was on finasteride and many other things from 2007 to Feb 2012, went from slick bald to thinning, stopped
finasteride in Feb 2012 due to side effects. Lost a lot of hair till Sept 2012 when I started Cet. A lot of hairs have restarted and I
totally stopped shedding. Cet/minoxidil seems to be working as well as finasteride with no side effects. You can see my results from 2007 on by
clicking on the link in my sig.

rober99

Reaction score
This thread is very interesting. Since it is such a long thread, and very difficult to find this info, can anyone summarize how to exactly mix/make the cetrizine solution? or if you can just point me to which page the info is on, that would be great.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
This thread is very interesting. Since it is such a long thread, and very difficult to find this info, can anyone summarize how to exactly mix/make the cetrizine solution? or if you can just point me to which page the info is on, that would be great.

1ml of water for every 10mg tablet....So for 30 tablets at 10mg each, 10ml of water....What I do is crush 30 tablets in ziploc bag with a meat tenderizer, then put that into a 2oz shot glass with about 30mL of water....Shake it up and let it settle for a couple of hours, then shake it up again and let it settle over night...then I take a turkey baster and draw all the stuff off the top and leave the crud at the bottom...I let that settle again over night and then draw again off the top...

...I also put in a bit of Tricomin as well to the mix

- - - Updated - - -

Checking at 8 months of Cet use. Overall Cet is not a cure but it's slowly improving and I think is working as well as finasteride did.

I've not taken any pictures since the last time but I'm certain that my existing hair is MUCH more healthy. I've yet
to restart the shedding that was happening prior to starting Cet so I know it's maintaining at the very least. I'll take some
pics next month at the 9 month mark for comparison.

Having gone through just about everything in the book, I was on the right track when I was on CET/Tricomin/Water combo and never should have went off it. For me, it is the most painless way to get the best maintenance results other than finasteride -- and to be honest with you, I was losing effectiveness with finasteride anyways

tanaka

Reaction score
Hello Guys,

strange thing that happens to me. I use the cet +water combo for 4 weeks now and I experience the greatest shed I have ever had...and I have AA for 10 years now. It is really scary losing around 300 hairs in the morning. I am not sure if it is really due to the cet because not only the hair on top is affected but also in the lower areas, sides and back of my head where hair is normally androgen-resistant. Does that make sense? No. If the shed was caused by cet, then only the hair in the treated areas (vertex) would be affected, right?
At least from what I know about androgen-related hairloss. What do you guys think, could cet also affect these lower parts?

*finding* losing hair can make you feel oddly old

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sorry about the absence guys, I've been slammed at work all summer.

My hair is holding it's own but I'm certain I'm not getting any regrowth at this point. It seems to be a
replacement for finasteride but that's about it, no miracles I'm sorry to say.

Jack A

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry about the absence guys, I've been slammed at work all summer.

My hair is holding it's own but I'm certain I'm not getting any regrowth at this point. It seems to be a
replacement for finasteride but that's about it, no miracles I'm sorry to say.

Don't you see? a replacement for finasteride without the side effects IS a miracle!

Saying that i've been using cetirizine and water for 2 months and haven't seen any improvement.

tommyt123

Reaction score
hey casperz so your hair is basicaly in the same state it was in the last pics? if so i would count that as a success

Sparky4444

Reaction score
I betcha dime's to dollar's that if we lace the CET mixture with caffeine, we'd see better results....

kirk

Established Member
Reaction score
Doesn't wetting the scalp increase minoxidil absorption. I'm wondering if that's what is going on here.

nicefella

Established Member
Reaction score
So would you guys recommend CET for someone who has only recently started to lose hair. I have no noticeable hair loss but due to family history wouldn't find maintaining with something. I shed quite a lot too :/

Sparky4444

Reaction score
So would you guys recommend CET for someone who has only recently started to lose hair. I have no noticeable hair loss but due to family history wouldn't find maintaining with something. I shed quite a lot too :/

NO!!! CET is experimental...you still have hair so try finasteride...it doesn't hurt to try it...if you have sides then turf it