Topical Castrol oil give me more hair loss?

ryan82

Established Member
Reaction score
I noticed that when i put greasy castrol oil on my head, there are a lot of hair on my hand. Is this normal? Because its greasy its sticks more on my hand. But is was very affraid that i loose more hair now. Somebody also with this problem?

oye_rg

Established Member
Reaction score
I noticed that when i put greasy castrol oil on my head, there are a lot of hair on my hand. Is this normal? Because its greasy its sticks more on my hand. But is was very affraid that i loose more hair now. Somebody also with this problem?

I have also started Castor Oil mixed with a lighter oil like gooseberry or pumpkin seed. I also noticed I had about 50-100 on my hands and bowl while I normally do not have any shedding these days. I am just hoping they return stronger but fingers crossed.
I massge firm and hard and the castor oil is thick so my theory is that it plucks weaker hair. Could be a good thing or bad thing I do not know. Hopefully someone on the forum would have some info/advise.

Giiizmo

Established Member
Reaction score
I take a small syringe and drop the oil directly on the scalp in small squirts, then pat it down to make the spread more even. This way I don't pull out any hair.

I'm not expecting much out of topical castor oil, mind you, but it does seem to lessen the itching.

ryan82

Established Member
Reaction score
Today my mate told me: you are getting bald at my crown. With this topical use , i have losed a lot !! I really concern now..

- - - Updated - - -

That is a great idea! How did you make it?

Koga

Established Member
Reaction score
Today my mate told me: you are getting bald at my crown. With this topical use , i have losed a lot !! I really concern now..

- - - Updated - - -

That is a great idea! How did you make it?

Are things getting worse for you? Even when you're on dutasteride, Minx and RU??

Norwood One

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ryan use an old minoxidil bottle with the ML dropper or a syringe. put it close to the scalp in drops and pat down as Gizmo said. That's what i've been doing, doesn't make me lose any more. I would if I were rubbing it in as it is a very viscous liquid.

oye_rg

Established Member
Reaction score
The big question is whether losing these hair which get pulled easily is a good thing or bad thing. By dabbing the oil we are believing the latter without any proof evidence. I am not saying it is a good thing to lose those hair. All I am saying is we do not know which it is so we may be making wrong strategies. I believe the latter (just my belief no proof) so I massage quite vigorously. Hopefully someone will be able to shed some light.

mpower

Established Member
Reaction score

no offense dude but you made my day... are you using fully synthetic or mineral... LOL

ryan82

Established Member
Reaction score
no offense dude but you made my day... are you using fully synthetic or mineral... LOL
haha i mean Castor oil ;)

I have the 100% pure castor oil. I really don't know the difference of fully synthetic or mineral.

- - - Updated - - -

I believe the shed is actually good as well, but i usually take care of it with a boar bristle brush.

By the way, we should clarify that the proper oil to use is CASTOR oil, not Castrol oil (that would be a big mistake)
Yes indeed, sorry of my bad English and mistakes in typing. It is Castor oil.

mpower

Established Member
Reaction score
no worries, English is not my first language too... trying to make the best out of our misery haha

ryan82

Established Member
Reaction score
I have used 2-3x a week topical Castor oil and i see more hair loss then before.. That is my update of 1 month use.

RadicalRad

Reaction score
Same here but with Coconut

That happens to me as well when I use coconut oil. Its really not cool.

ryan82

Established Member
Reaction score

Norwood One

Experienced Member
Reaction score
haven't really had a shed, I use it every other day. Make sure you guys aren't rubbing it in vigorously as that will cause hairfall and shedding. pat it into your head.

GoodHurr

Reaction score
It's weird when people say that shedding is natural and to be expected from some hair loss treatments.

That's literally one of the stupidest things I've ever read. There's no bio(logical) reason why losing a protective mechanism like your hair is good. Nobody would ever say "oh hair loss from chemo is good! it means the chemo is working well!"

How can hair "Shedding" (shedding = hair loss) be good, when there are people who spend years growing out their hair to waist length or men who prefer long hair (Dreads for example) without any hair loss. If you lost your hair every few weeks, you'd never get the length you desired.

I'm trying to get dreads, but will need my hair to grow out more before I can dread it. Every time I see a hair fall out, I recognize that its interrupting my progress towards getting dreads.

- - - Updated - - -

That happens to me as well when I use coconut oil. Its really not cool.

Coconut oil is really bad for many people's skin.

I use lots of oils (hemp oil, safflower oil, pumpkin seed oil, essential oils) on my skin to control acne and dry skin, but ONLY ONE OIL in the history of ever has dried my skin out - coconut oil.

The Caprilyc Acid in Coconut oil irritates a lot of people's skin, including scalp.

ryan82

Established Member
Reaction score

ryan82

Established Member
Reaction score
hi i also faced increased hairloss when i tried out cold-pressed castor oil. it also seems to choke up my arteries that i could feel some pain in my chest when i took it orally.
i am considering to stop with Castor oil