Topical absorption rates, for those who question 5 minute sh

CCS

Reaction score
1. A hydrated scalp absorbs stuff 5x as fast as a dry scalp (Bryan, back me up on that)
2. In two hours, 75% of the minoxidil that would be absorbed in 4 hours is already absorbed.
3. 2% minoxidil regrows 2/3 as much hair as 5% minoxidil, and even 0.5% does a decent amount. Nano Shampoo is 0.5% nano. Some 0.025% topical finasteride studies regrew as much as the pill, even compared to placebo. Regrowth is not proportional to dose.

So 5 minutes of Nizoral is probably equal to 25 minutes of Keto cream, which is probably equal to 1/3 the dose you'd get in 3-4 hours,
Which probably grows 75% as much hair.
----------------------

Now I said it before: Put 1-2 grams of cheap GTE in your 20oz $3 bottle of baby shampoo. Maybe even make smaller batches so it lasts longer. You can get 100g for $9 plus $5 shipping, though you can get other good stuff while shopping at http://www.beyondacenturyonline.com.
This is so cheap you can make a body wash and face wash and use it on your Nizoral off days. Add a little PG if you want. Wash twice a day if you want. This stuff will last you for years. Just buy more baby shampoo.

No mess. No cost. No extra time. Need to rate anyway. Why not? Keep taking your propecia though.

CCS

Reaction score
bump, and let me also remind you that 5 minutes of Nizoral 1% twice per week regrows as much hair and increases hair diameter just as much as 2% minoxidil, according to one of the 3 independent studies that had minoxidil and keto and placebo trials.

Also, minoxidil 2% regrows more hair than Avodart, though the minoxidil can't maintain it. The Nizoral's anti-androgenic activity might maiantain some of the regrowth.

Nizoral should not be considered a minor element of the big three, like Casin always suggests. It is as big as the other two, and is by far the cheapest and easiest to use.

That is why I tell you to go on Amazon and get that Ginger body shop piroctone olamine shampoo, since piroctone olamine had the same results as the keto but probably by a different, synergistic method. Rotate them.

Then either add GTE to your shampoo, or put warm GT on your head right after a shower for 5 minutes, or get that Green Tea shampoo at that link I gave. It has more than just GTE in is. Rotate that. The three of them together are cheaper than your fincar.

Rage

Established Member
Reaction score
Very interesting CCS!

I actually use a 2% nizoral cream, although in very small amounts, in the morning with my topical finasteride. It's good to see there's some scientific backing to my regime :p

mulder

Established Member
Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
bump, and let me also remind you that 5 minutes of Nizoral 1% twice per week regrows as much hair and increases hair diameter just as much as 2% minoxidil, according to one of the 3 independent studies that had minoxidil and keto and placebo trials.

Also, minoxidil 2% regrows more hair than Avodart, though the minoxidil can't maintain it. The Nizoral's anti-androgenic activity might maiantain some of the regrowth.

Nizoral should not be considered a minor element of the big three, like Casin always suggests. It is as big as the other two, and is by far the cheapest and easiest to use.

That is why I tell you to go on Amazon and get that Ginger body shop piroctone olamine shampoo, since piroctone olamine had the same results as the keto but probably by a different, synergistic method. Rotate them.

Then either add GTE to your shampoo, or put warm GT on your head right after a shower for 5 minutes, or get that Green Tea shampoo at that link I gave. It has more than just GTE in is. Rotate that. The three of them together are cheaper than your fincar.

You're the shampoo man. How about throwing some salicylic acid in the mix? I've decided to do a prewash with this Ginger shampoo and Denorex 2% Salicylic, rotating. Wash with Revita and then condition with Tricomin conditioner. What do you think of this plan?
Thanks for all the useful info CCS :thumbs_up:

CCS

Reaction score
mulder said:
You're the shampoo man. How about throwing some salicylic acid in the mix? I've decided to do a prewash with this Ginger shampoo and Denorex 2% Salicylic, rotating. Wash with Revita and then condition with Tricomin conditioner. What do you think of this plan?

sounds good. I just don't know what salicilic acid does, though it is in the TGel with the piroctone olamine. Nizoral does not seem to need it. The first ingredient in nizoral, acrylic acid, is an anti-oxidant used to stableize the keto, btw. Makes me wonder if the keto is fully responsible for the regrowth.

I think you should only prewash with the Denorex, and then rotate the Ginger shampoo with the Revita.

ginner

Established Member
Reaction score
sounds good. I just don't know what salicilic acid does, though it is in the TGel with the piroctone olamine. Nizoral does not seem to need it. The first ingredient in nizoral, acrylic acid, is an anti-oxidant used to stableize the keto, btw. Makes me wonder if the keto is fully responsible for the regrowth.

I think you should only prewash with the Denorex, and then rotate the Ginger shampoo with the Revita.
So can I ask you, do you think I should stick with nizoral? I can buy other preparations with 2% keto a lot more cheaply where I live. I thought that the keto was what mattered but if you think there's something in nizoral to make it work better then I'm happy to spend the extra money.

CCS

Reaction score
Sorry, I don't know. The tests were done on Nizoral. I also think an anti-oxidant as the first ingredient after water could have an effect. Maybe use Nizoral 1% once a week, and your keto stuff on other days rotated with whatever.

BTW, the 2% keto got the same results as the 1% keto. Minxoidil 5% regrows 50% more than the 2%. So if the prescription stuff has the same active ingredients, the equal affects of both shampoos would suggest that the keto is not the main factor. Or it could suggest that the keto is so strong that the androgenic affects are maxed out even at 1%. 1% nizoral does regrow more hair in 6 months than Avodart does.

mulder

Established Member
Reaction score
mulder said:

I this case I'll go with the UK T-Gel Greasy hair formulation as a prewash...get the PO and Sal in one. Wash with Revita. If this proves to harsh for my hair I'll do this every other day and rotate with Vive or something like that. Thanks again for sharing you research...I think most here appreciate it.

CCS

Reaction score
use the TGel as a pre-wash if you want. But it is $20 a bottle, or $15 if you live outside the US. Remember, Piroctone Olamine is synergistic to what's in Revita. Even though Revita has lots of good stuff, I don't think missing 2 days a week will hurt your hair, if is for letting the TGel sit for 5 minutes.

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
How would other topical absorb when just washing with shampoo? Like propecia or spironolactone?

CCS

Reaction score
don't know, but Bryan just told me that Nizoral 1% is as strong as minoxidil 2% 1x per day, not 2x per day. So not as strong as I thought. You might actually benifit from topical keto after all.