Topic Works Great... More People Should Go This Route

OldnBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No it won't do s***. This is turning into a bro science thread.
Yup. Like it fuckin matters. Bums on the street rolling in garbage have all their hair. It's all genetics. Get on finasteride. Only way to stop, and in many cases regrow hair. That's pretty much it.

I've used toppik, but my hairline is trash, so it doesn't really work for me. I just got on finasteride. If it can regrow the dying, miniaturized hairs on front, which I have a lot of, it'll be think enough to use just a bit of toppik- which is what it's really made for. Just a bit a extra density.

Yoadrian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yup. Like it fuckin matters. Bums on the street rolling in garbage have all their hair. It's all genetics. Get on finasteride. Only way to stop, and in many cases regrow hair. That's pretty much it.

I've used toppik, but my hairline is trash, so it doesn't really work for me. I just got on finasteride. If it can regrow the dying, miniaturized hairs on front, which I have a lot of, it'll be think enough to use just a bit of toppik- which is what it's really made for. Just a bit a extra density.
Good comment, post a pic of your hair... I'm always curious to see peoples hair now a days,ol

BiBiBaldy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Very easy to use, hard to notice, don't notice rubbbing on my clothes or sweat problems. Hair looks like I'm 20 again.

Hair transplants lol

I have diffuse thinning from roiding though so maybe that's why I'm getting good results. I'm very athetic and sweaty too.

Also adds a couple cm to my temples. Great product.

Probably better if your hair loss is not too severe
It's bandage compared to a surgery (literally, hair transplant). What I mean, is that it's a short term solution. Sure, it works great while your thinning is only minor - I used it in this capacity myself - but when you really start losing, it quickly becomes unsustainable. Put simply, Toppik needs hair to be effective. Hair fibres are crap on a bald scalp.

Another problem is girls. Yes, it's pretty much undetectable from a distance, but when you're sweaty and she's running her hands through your hair? A girl did this to me when I was wearing Toppik once: her hand ended up looking like she was wearing a black glove!

Then there's the constant, lingering anxiety that you'll be discovered, all the nervous trips to the bathroom to check how your hair seems. The anxiety you get wearing a wig is much worse, don't get me wrong. But the Toppik stress is still pretty bad.

Overall, I'd use it while you only need a few pinches. However, when your hairloss gets worse I'd advise you to go on the Big 3 or buzz it all off. The limited utility and anxiety isn't worth the gains, in my opinion.

BiBiBaldy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Odd question I appreciated but are yiu, by any chance, a second account of the user known as @zircon ? He was one of the better posters here back in the day, and your writing styles are very similar.

BiBiBaldy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I apply it sort of differently which I think makes it stay in better than others... dry my hair after shower, spring toppik, slide fingers through hair and mess it up with my hands.. all excess toppik falls out at this point and then I style my hair with whatever’s left in it.. very discrete and have literally dunked my head in a pool without it running
I'm calling bullshit on the pool bit. Sorry Joey, but I've also had water on Toppik and while the fibres didn't exactly run, anyone touching your head would get it all over their hands. Toppik is great when you're looking from a distance, but when things get tactile, you're better off just being clean shaved. Even a wig is less easy to detect than Toppik!

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's bandage compared to a surgery (literally, hair transplant). What I mean, is that it's a short term solution. Sure, it works great while your thinning is only minor - I used it in this capacity myself - but when you really start losing, it quickly becomes unsustainable. Put simply, Toppik needs hair to be effective. Hair fibres are crap on a bald scalp.

Another problem is girls. Yes, it's pretty much undetectable from a distance, but when you're sweaty and she's running her hands through your hair? A girl did this to me when I was wearing Toppik once: her hand ended up looking like she was wearing a black glove!

Then there's the constant, lingering anxiety that you'll be discovered, all the nervous trips to the bathroom to check how your hair seems. The anxiety you get wearing a wig is much worse, don't get me wrong. But the Toppik stress is still pretty bad.

Overall, I'd use it while you only need a few pinches. However, when your hairloss gets worse I'd advise you to go on the Big 3 or buzz it all off. The limited utility and anxiety isn't worth the gains, in my opinion.
Just hop on a plane to Turkey and get it sorted