Top Of Head Butchered From Surgery As Baby I Can't Keep Losing Hair

camelot1988

My Regimen
Reaction score
If I ever went completely bald I literally wouldn't leave the house because I had surgery on my head as a baby. Left my head super uneven with what actually feels like a mohawk except it's just bone, also a ton of craters, etc. Even when I had 0 hair loss and it was covered up at like 16 people used to make fun of me because I also have a huge forehead.

Fast forward to 2019 I just turned 19 years old and probably at a Norwood 2.5-3 right now. Originally I thought I would take after my Dad who was receding with a Norwood 2 at like 17 but had barley hit puberty then grew like 6" and it stopped. No idea how it happened but I don't think it's going to happen to me my hair is more like my Mom's side of the family where it's thick then for half of her brothers their hair is still perfect then the other half are completely bald. It's still thick in the back but not as much in the front.

Anyways I would really prefer not to start finasteride because I have this chronic illness and my immune system is kind of weak right now from another complication. Over the next year I don't care really what my hair looks like because I don't plan on going out a ton besides like once a day. I've saved up a lot of money that I'm willing to spend on a hair transplant when I'm about 20 and hopefully I'll be able to use finasteride by then.

In the mean time, what should I try? I guess Rogaine and supplements could probably help to keep the thickness maybe and stop some recession but I don't know. If anyone could help me or give any advice it would be so helpful.