Took The Nuclear Option. Slowly, Slowly It Paid Off.

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Be ware OP, derma rolling is a perfect way of getting topicals systemically absorbed.

project100

Established Member
Reaction score
I cannot f*****g wait to start on Dutasteride. Finasteride has not really helped me in any way, shape or form. I'm still losing hair rapidly. I'm not getting any sides, though, so that's something.

Great results, man!

Losingmyhair1234

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think I'm gonna have to go nuclear as well. Big 3 isn't doin sh*t for me... Do you recall how long it was on dutasteride before the shedding slowed down or stopped? Or are you still shedding quite a bit?

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think I'm gonna have to go nuclear as well. Big 3 isn't doin sh*t for me... Do you recall how long it was on dutasteride before the shedding slowed down or stopped? Or are you still shedding quite a bit?

I cannot f*****g wait to start on Dutasteride. Finasteride has not really helped me in any way, shape or form. I'm still losing hair rapidly. I'm not getting any sides, though, so that's something.

Great results, man!

Your lucky man!

Big 3 was doing nothing for me as well, now on dutasteride and it still does nothing after 4 months. Tried RU for a couple of months as well but maybe not long enough. Losing hair so fast...

wolfman

My Regimen
Reaction score
So wait, you used RU every day before rolling and rolled every single day for 2 years, what about minoxidil? when did you apply it? what would be the best thing to do.. like I dermaroll in the morning and apply 2ml of RU and at night 2ml of minoxidil dermarolling as well? or what did you do to use both in the same day, Im about to just use everything all day long , imma do like u but i wanna know whats the best move here

I was doing several different routines but this is what I ultimately settled on:

Morning I wake up: apply rogaine foam or liquid and lightly rub it in all over the temple area and sides.

Evening: Lightly roll until the skin is a little red. Then apply 1 ml of RU58841 5% solution to each temple.

Night before bed: rogaine again.

Or you could just apply the RU. Wait a half hour until it's kind of dry. Then apply rogaine.

wolfman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your lucky man!

Big 3 was doing nothing for me as well, now on dutasteride and it still does nothing after 4 months. Tried RU for a couple of months as well but maybe not long enough. Losing hair so fast...

For me it took over a year. And it got worse before it got better.

My reasoning for sticking with it was this: What other option do I have? There is no other treatment that is as sound as a 5ar reductase inhibitor. There is no reason for me to stop except my dick falling off. Even if it doesn't stop it. Ultimately it's doing something to slow it down.

This is why I don't understand people who start and stop treatment.

Don't do that. Never.

5ar is the base treatment. And there is nothing simpiler than taking a pill before bed. If it isn't working then stack other treatments on top of it or even increase the dosage.

Last edited:

wolfman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Be ware OP, derma rolling is a perfect way of getting topicals systemically absorbed.

I'll definitely pay attention to side effects. What should I be looking for? Don't have any gyno. Libido seems okay.

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
For me it took over a year. And it got worse before it got better.

My reasoning for sticking with it was this: What other option do I have? There is no other treatment that is as sound as a 5ar reductase inhibitor. There is no reason for me to stop except my dick falling off. Even if it doesn't stop it. Ultimately it's doing something to slow it down.

This is why I don't understand people who start and stop treatment.

Don't do that. Never.

5ar is the base treatment. And there is nothing simpiler than taking a pill before bed. If it isn't working then stack other treatments on top of it.
I agree to that, there is nothing else. But finasteride at least stopped your hairloss a bit so that is a sign that it is working. I need to add more but i dont know what to add.

wolfman

My Regimen
Reaction score

It literally took over a year on dutasteride before my hair looked better. Almost two years. It was really really bad for an entire year (2015). Then it started filling in.

I still get sporadic shedding phases. They last about a month. Then it comes back thicker.

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I was doing several different routines but this is what I ultimately settled on:

Morning I wake up: apply rogaine foam or liquid and lightly rub it in all over the temple area and sides.

Evening: Lightly roll until the skin is a little red. Then apply 1 ml of RU58841 5% solution to each temple.

Night before bed: rogaine again.

Or you could just apply the RU. Wait a half hour until it's kind of dry. Then apply rogaine.
Why dont you mix RU with Rogaine and apply it then?

SpaceInvader

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You have to deliver a regimen that surpasses androgen sensitivity.

Think of it like walking up against a down escalator. If the escalator is going down very fast, you'd have to take the Nuclear Option.

Losingmyhair1234

My Regimen
Reaction score
When you derma roll, do you only do the temples? Or do you do your whole head? Also for RU, do you apply that on whole head, or just on temples?

wolfman

My Regimen
Reaction score
When you derma roll, do you only do the temples? Or do you do your whole head? Also for RU, do you apply that on whole head, or just on temples?

I stopped rolling a few weeks ago because I'm concerned about systematic absorption.

However, when I did roll I rolled all over the temples, any area that lacked thick hair. I also rolled a bit on the sides of my head in front of the ear as I believe I lost hair there too.

The rolling was done with light pressure so as to not cause bleeding. Once the area was slightly red (about 2 minutes later), I applied the solution.

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I stopped rolling a few weeks ago because I'm concerned about systematic absorption.

However, when I did roll I rolled all over the temples, any area that lacked thick hair. I also rolled a bit on the sides of my head in front of the ear as I believe I lost hair there too.

The rolling was done with light pressure so as to not cause bleeding. Once the area was slightly red (about 2 minutes later), I applied the solution.
Why stop rolling after 2 years? If it would go systrematic you would noticed it a long time ago.

SpaceInvader

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's been said before. If there's ever going to be an answer, it'll come from one of these forums. This is especially true when you have people trying alternative and experimental treatments yielding better results than these half-assed clinical studies.

wolfman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why stop rolling after 2 years? If it would go systrematic you would noticed it a long time ago.

I don't think it would necessarily be so noticeable. There is a possibility that small amounts of anti-androgens in my system could change my body very gradually without me noticing. Maybe going off it will increase my sex drive that I had no idea was even affected. Maybe it will increase my energy levels or change my mood that I had no idea were affected.

Also, it is my understanding that RU absorbs into the skin just fine without rolling.

So, with that, I want to stop. I really am concerned about affecting my hormones any more than they already are with Dutasteride.