Toocoolforhair's Story - (my hair loss 2006-2010 / pics)

toocoolforhair

Established Member
Reaction score
I've never made a picture timeline of my hair loss before, but I thought it might be helpful for others to see how their hair might progress. My hairline started receding around age 17 in 2003. By 2005 it was what I have now seen people call a 'mature hairline'. At the time I thought it stuck out like a sore thumb, but looking back now it was hardly noticeable.

The below timeline shows my hair as it progressed year by year from 2006 to now (if it doesn't fit on the screen right click view image).

2006-2010.jpg

In 2006 and 2007 I could still get away with growing my hair out a little bit, but by 2008 I opted for a grade 2 buzzcut due to the thinning temples. Later that became a grade 1 buzzcut, except in the photo shown in 2009 as I did not have my hair clippers with me on that particular holiday.

In 2010 I'm now in a position where I have virtually no temple hair and no thickness on top. That means only two options: grade 0 or shaved. For now I will stick with a grade 0 as I find shaving a bit of a chore.

I've looked into hair systems and I might give them a go at some point. I don't think it would bother me psychologically that I'm wearing fake hair. I imagine that I'll hit norwood 6 within the next two to three years so it's something to think about.

Ouroboros

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: A picture timeline of my hair loss 2006-2010 (pics)

Interesting; thanks for sharing. For the record your head has a good shape for buzz cuts.

toocoolforhair

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: A picture timeline of my hair loss 2006-2010 (pics)

IUbball22 said:
did you ever try any meds?
In 2007 I began taking a daily multivitamin, but not for hair loss reasons. In 2008 I also added daily omega 3 and in 2009 I added garlic. I take them for everyday health, but I guess I can also rule them out as hair loss treatments.

I never took a chance with the big three for a few reasons. First, I was a student and I had to budget like crazy to get through university. Second, I did not honestly believe they would have made a difference. And third, I did not want to worry about any side effects, especially sexual.

I guess I was also influenced by all the websites that tell you to buzz/shave it like Sly Bald Guys, Bald R Us etc. When I googled for advice about hair loss the results always seemed to be 'accept it', 'shave it', 'let it go'.