too much hair shed from everywhere

jfrank

Established Member
Reaction score
You all prob know my story with my horrible propecia shed... however, after 7 months, with no regrowth, i am going through the worst shed ever...

I noticed it over two weeks ago.. I woke up from bed and notced the entire bed full of hiars.. there were hundreds and hudreds of hairs.... i was wearing a lot of dermatch and toppik, and remember an itchy scalp. I did freak out, but i didnt focus on it to much cause i was with my GF.

now 2 weeks later, and i can easily put out 8 plus hairs anywhere on my scalp repetatively.. when i shower, i lose 50 hairs easily... and i contantly have an itch/scalp sensation... (even after using nizoral, tricomin, etc) My hairline, which was perfect last march and now is down to several hairs.. and my scalp is visible in so many areas.... I cant even put my hands through my hair anymore (with what i have left)

the only thing that is diff is that i am more stressed. i had my T3, T4, TSH check and it was perfect last april.... what do i do?? ride it out and see what happens?? is this normal?

fallicule

Established Member
Reaction score
Are you/ can you pull hairs just as easily from the sides of your head, areas not associated with male pattern baldness?

jfrank

Established Member
Reaction score
pretty much i could pull hiars out everywhere.. side burns, above and around the ears, the back.. however, the lower i pull on back the less i get.. but yeah... i just pulled 6 small hars right above the ears...

Weepy

Established Member
Reaction score
jfrank said:
pretty much i could pull hiars out everywhere.. side burns, above and around the ears, the back.. however, the lower i pull on back the less i get.. but yeah... i just pulled 6 small hars right above the ears...

I have a simliar problem. Extensive shedding front and crown, but moderate shedding on sides and back. It is difficult to diagnose exactly. I am going to wait until December to see what happens.

I do not want to alarm you, but a doctor has told me that propecia users who shed are likely to experience chronic shedding. I do not know if this is true. Have you seen a derm recently? Although it is true that male pattern baldness is easy to diagnose, it is important to have a lab to rule out other potential causes. Knowing these results will add a degree of certainty to your current cndition, thereby relieving some of your anxiety.

In addition, please insert your regimen with approximate dates. I didn't see it in the Regimen button.