Too much DHT and Zinc

yayimbalding

Reaction score
No bad sides yet. But every other time I stop and restart, it usually takes a few weeks for me to feel them.

I have my fingers crossed and hope this will help.

compaq1

Reaction score
just to give u guys a heads up and to add on what eden been saying , ZINC works , it keeps test levels high , estro low and it helps to keep DHT levels in check leading to more free test .

in the past i used anabolic stroids and and always used Zinc to keep my estro in check , it always worked great up until i started to use more than 300 mg of test a week , after that i switched over to arimidix @ .25 mg Every 3rd day ..

Ende

Reaction score
Great feedback. 100 mg Telogen Effluvium/C a week, equals more testosterone than most men produce naturally. 300 mg a week, gives you a testosterone level which is at least 3 times higher than normal. That should also give you an idea about the potency of Arimidex.

compaq1

Reaction score
Enden said:
Great feedback. 100 mg Telogen Effluvium/C a week, equals more testosterone than most men produce naturally. 300 mg a week, gives you a testosterone level which is at least 3 times higher than normal. That should also give you an idea about the potency of Arimidex.

yeah most men produce 7-10 mg of test a day , in fact Arimidex is so strong that only .25mg a week was enought to keep my estro in check on over 300mg of test a week .. now my 1st ever cycle i was dumb and really didnt know what i was doing and ended up with a case small lump of gyno , i used LETRO to bring it back down to nothing and ever since starting finasteride Zince was all i needed to keep it from flaring up .. Stuff works

yayimbalding

Reaction score
So what you're saying is that I can take some of this Armidex every 3rd day with finasteride and Zinc and it will help a lot?

He-Bat

Established Member
Reaction score
yayimbalding said:
So what you're saying is that I can take some of this Armidex every 3rd day with finasteride and Zinc and it will help a lot?
Hvae the sexual sides kicked in yet? still taking zinc?

Ende

Reaction score
yayimbalding said:
No... large amounts of zinc are effective.

compaq1

Reaction score
yayimbalding said:

Zinc is all you need, 50-80 mg is the sweet spot . arimidix is some strong stuff it would bring ur estro down way to low which could lead to other problems including low sex drive .

i get blood work done every 6 month , just to keep my eye on things also since I’m a med students i get it done for free .. but back in the day it use to run me 100$ with home kit that you mail out ..

If you need help bringing ur sex drive back to normal, pick up some tribulus and some Horney Goat weed , and switch back and forth between the 2 every 2 weeks .. 2 weeks on tribulus , 2 weeks on horney Goat weed then back to tribulus .. The reason you switch the 2 is to prevent building up any tolerance

MikeyMo

Reaction score
just so that i'm on the same page -- taking zinc daily helps to decrease the DHT levels in your system, correct?

it also sounds like taking zinc will alleviate you from some sexual sides from taking finasteride....does it help with any other sides? for example, i began experiencing clouded/fog brain after a month & a half in. Any suggestions in regards to that? And/or is it a good idea to take zinc daily just for the fact that it appears to decrease DHT?

Thanks!

yayimbalding

Reaction score
I skipped last nights dose of finasteride and took another 50 mg of Zinc, I woke up with minimal morning wood. Of course weak morning wood is still not great, but it was better than not having morning wood at all (which was the case for the past week or so). I also had a decent erection when I looked at p**rn and it wasn't as hard to get it up.

I feel I can find a happy medium with my finasteride, I just have to find the right amount of times per week I take the .25 mg. I am going to try doing every three days and continue to do 50 mg of Zinc on non finasteride days and 100 mg of Zinc on finasteride days.

Another thing, is Zinc Picolinate really that much better than Zinc Gluconate? I have been using Zinc Gluconate.

I'm going to continue to lab rat myself until I give up. I just can't give up until I throw the kitchen sink at this.

Raffles

Reaction score
JordanM said:
just so that i'm on the same page -- taking zinc daily helps to decrease the DHT levels in your system, correct?

No. Not exactly. My knowledge is this: male pattern baldness is caused by DHT (and an associated genetic sensitivity to DHT in us baldy types). Finasteride powerfully arrests the production cycle of DHT. However, in doing so, what also happens is that testosterone levels in your bloodstream increase.

This wouldn't be a problem were it not for the fact that in some of us this excess testosterone is turned into oestrogen by a further enzyme called aromatase. It is these additional produced levels of oestrogen that we think are repsonsible for causing the side effects of finasteride. (These range from floppy-c*ck right the way up to scary sh*t like gynecomastia and the terrifying supposed "finasteride crash" - see propeciahelp.com for stuff that will chill you to the marrow; but the truth is that much of this is speculation on our parts, as not nearly enough research has been conducted. This issue is a quagmire, but to me it is self-evident that the company that produces finasteride, Merck, is concealing the true scale of side effects which are certainly in excess of the ludicrous 1-2% they tout.)

Taking supplemental zinc (50mg+ ED) is supposed to act as an aromatase inhibitor. Thus keeping the levels of pesky oestrogen down. This information comes to us from bodybuilders, who have similar problems with sides. However, additional risks present themselves with long term high zinc usage (above 75mg ED) that you should look into. One suggested way of combatting these is to take a combined zinc and copper supplement, as I do (50/2mg).

Clinical aromatase inhibitors like arimidex and tamoxifen are extremely powerful prescription-only meds. My mother takes them for breast cancer for example, and they are classed as hormonal chemotherapy.

In starting finasteride I got significant sexual sides almost immediately. Chiefly impotence. I have found taking daily 50mg zinc coupled with a horny goat weed complex EOD (brand: Optima) has definitely suceeded in ameliorating these to a significant degree. However, I am clearly very sensitive to finasteride and am now down to only 0.25mg EOD. (I gradually moderated microdoses through a tincture until I found one where the sides I got subsided to a tolerable level - everyone is different.)

However, I remain to be convinced that this low dose will result in any regrowth for me (still NW3, and 4 months into finasteride treatment), but if you are experiencing sides, particularly sexual, zinc in my experience is definitely worth a try: its effects on me were dramatic.

One word of warning though. In studying the various boards and treatments something very common has become aparrent to me: the speed with which male pattern baldness can take hold, contributes to a quite understandable desire for a solution: NOW. This mindset is shared by many people I think, who on discovering that a regimen change doesn't work for them in a week or so, abandon it, in the desparate pursuit of something else.

This is foolish. Because the hormonal cycles we are seeking to modify are at least a month long. So the best advice I can give you is this:

If you are looking for some sort of regimen change to combat sides, ponder your options carefully, then make a change that you stick to for at least one whole month before altering it again.

I hope this helps. I've been reading this board for some time now, and this is my first contribution; in grateful thanks for all the information that has come my way through it.

Ende

Reaction score
JordanM said:
just so that i'm on the same page -- taking zinc daily helps to decrease the DHT levels in your system, correct? (...) And/or is it a good idea to take zinc daily just for the fact that it appears to decrease DHT?
Zinc appears as a much more potent aromatase inhibitor than a reductase inhibitor. The fact that Dr. Shippen recommends 50 - 100 mg zinc a day to shift the testosterone/estrogen ratio in favor of testosterone, WITHOUT mentioning anything about reductase, should rest the case. Zinc should be viewed as an aromatase inhibitor. Forget about reductase already.

Ende

Reaction score
yayimbalding said:
Another thing, is Zinc Picolinate really that much better than Zinc Gluconate? I have been using Zinc Gluconate.
Yes, picolinate is a lot more effective.

yayimbalding

Reaction score
I purchased some Zinc Picolinate last Friday and it gave me almost immediate results. It's amazing how much more potent it is than Zinc Gluconate.

I'm now back to having strong morning wood daily as well as achieving strong erections with high sex drive. I'm also getting spontaneous erections throughout the day.

I have halted taken finasteride for now (since last Monday) because I'm having a little fling with a lady friend of mine at the moment. I just don't want the finasteride to put me in yet another embarrassing situation. I will resume soon by trying .25 twice a week while still using the 50-100 mg Zinc Picolinate, Biotin, Multi-Vitamin, Fish Oil, and Green Tea Extract.

Mr White

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm currently taking René Furterer's VITALFAN for hair loss, each pill contains 10 mg zinc.

MikeJay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score