Too many celebrity failed transplants

reckless

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm apprehensive ever getting a transplant given that the below multimillionaires have gone back to shaving their heads after initial good results. I guess it gave some of them a good shadow when they have shaved. All of these guys obviously feel self conscious about their hair but despite their millions can't get what they desire.

They are actor Channing Tatum and footballers Slaven Bilic, Wesley Sneijder, Fabio Cannavaro, Wayne Rooney.

Tatum was saying in a recent interview that he is bald by choice lol, even full on bald guys like Dwayne Johnson and Andrew Tate say this nonsense, Yul Brynner said the same thing back in the 60s.
Even these hyper masculine men are afraid of saying they are balding. No man shaves his head unless he is balding, apart from an extremely tiny minority.

Attachments

• 63e7b07c4102a900184c6af3.jpeg
    63e7b07c4102a900184c6af3.jpeg
    42.4 KB · Views: 153
  • maxresdefault (1).jpg
    maxresdefault (1).jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 154
  • fbl-eur-c1-psg-ac-milan.jpg
    fbl-eur-c1-psg-ac-milan.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 147
  • 140513160239-fabio-cannavaro-h2h-1.jpg
    140513160239-fabio-cannavaro-h2h-1.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 141
  • paris-france-27th-feb-2023-paris-france-february-27th-2023-wesley-sneijder-a-professional-form...jpg
    paris-france-27th-feb-2023-paris-france-february-27th-2023-wesley-sneijder-a-professional-form...jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 138
  • wesley-sneijder-540354.jpg
    wesley-sneijder-540354.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 141
  • sheffield-england-25th-february-2023-slaven-bili-watford-manager-during-the-sky-bet-championsh...jpg
    sheffield-england-25th-february-2023-slaven-bili-watford-manager-during-the-sky-bet-championsh...jpg
    110 KB · Views: 135
  • 0_httpscdnimagesdailystarcoukdynamic122photos525000900x738674525.jpeg
    0_httpscdnimagesdailystarcoukdynamic122photos525000900x738674525.jpeg
    90.1 KB · Views: 143
  • download.jpeg
    download.jpeg
    7.6 KB · Views: 139

Jack Ito

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No that’s just because these people are borderline retarded and decided to get a transplant without taking any sort of preventative treatment and their hair loss obviously continued

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
No that’s just because these people are borderline retarded and decided to get a transplant without taking any sort of preventative treatment and their hair loss obviously continued
Finasteride isn't a cure for all. And adverse side effects are common.

Some celebs have had incredible results too.. but that requires multiple rounds. One transplant isn't going to fix advanced levels of balding.

reckless

Established Member
Reaction score
Hair transplants and finasteride just buy you time.
That's what I've come to realise as well. finasteride worked well for me but I was looking at my wedding photos from 6 years ago and my hair was definitely a bit thicker back then.

Cannavaro and Tatum still look great with the shaved head because they're great looking guys. Rooney should have just done that given that he had very aggressive hair loss, he had a receding hairline at just 16! His result has been the worst I've ever seen on a celebrity. Bilic's hair is very bad as well but it's acceptable on a 55 year old man.

Given that we have limited donor hair and the fact that you will probably need multiple costly surgeries throughout life I don't think I'd ever get it done.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
For them it is but we can learn from their mistakes.
Your mistake is thinking they have made a mistake getting a transplant.

Why? You fail to acknowledge that they still look better with a transplanted shaved head, than they would if they were slick NW4-7 bald, because now their face is properly framed.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
Given that we have limited donor hair and the fact that you will probably need multiple costly surgeries throughout life I don't think I'd ever get it done.
If someone can afford it (money, time and patience wise) then it's worth going for. Imagine not having to keep up with an extensive "hairloss routine", dealing with terrible side effects, etc. It's the closest thing to a cure.

reckless

Established Member
Reaction score
Your mistake is thinking they have made a mistake getting a transplant.

Why? You fail to acknowledge that they still look better with a transplanted shaved head, than they would if they were slick NW4-7 bald, because now their face is properly framed.
No I definitely agree that the stubble frames their face and I mentioned that in my original post!
My point is that this was not the result these guys were after. They wanted to be able to grow their hair out and not have it look thin, so in this regard the transplant is a failure. Tatum and Cannavaro had enough hair to frame their face before their transplants.

Tatum, Cannavaro and Sneijder did grow their's out for a while but then had to resort back to shaving. I remember Sneijder using toppik while playing and it looked so fake.

Even at their density I would grow it out without hesitation but someone like Tatum who works under bright lights wouldn't like that look.

Brendan Fraser's hair does not look good after his transplant(s)

Now if millionnaires are getting these results it makes me apprehensive.

These are people we see in the spotlight for several years so we can actually guage how successful their transplants are long term rather than pictures on a surgeon's website which show results after a year only.

Attachments

• Bald-brendan-fraser.jpg
    Bald-brendan-fraser.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 54
  • 1432597323.jpeg
    1432597323.jpeg
    65.4 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

reckless

Established Member
Reaction score
Here's another one, tennis star Andy Roddick.

It looks like he's gone back to shaving his head.

Attachments

• images (2).jpeg
    images (2).jpeg
    6.6 KB · Views: 65
  • OQ-OFF-PLATFORM-RODDICK-1.jpg
    OQ-OFF-PLATFORM-RODDICK-1.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 65

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
No I definitely agree that the stubble frames their face and I mentioned that in my original post!
My point is that this was not the result these guys were after. They wanted to be able to grow their hair out and not have it look thin, so in this regard the transplant is a failure. Tatum and Cannavaro had enough hair to frame their face before their transplants.

Tatum, Cannavaro and Sneijder did grow their's out for a while but then had to resort back to shaving. I remember Sneijder using toppik while playing and it looked so fake.

Even at their density I would grow it out without hesitation but someone like Tatum who works under bright lights wouldn't like that look.

Brendan Fraser's hair does not look good after his transplant(s)

Now if millionnaires are getting these results it makes me apprehensive.

These are people we see in the spotlight for several years so we can actually guage how successful their transplants are long term rather than pictures on a surgeon's website which show results after a year only.
Oh yeah, you're right