too late for finasteride!?

try2beme22

Established Member
Reaction score
i used it about a year and half ago for a year or so ...... didnt realize how good its affects were till now when the hairloss is bad.... vertex is real thing now as well as hairline up about an inch....

at this point is it too late to go to finasteride to get back what i had about year and half ago?

Lorenzo_91

Established Member
Reaction score
No but if you want extra regrowth msybe try dutasteride for a year mixed with finasteride if you want.

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
and for the realy good regrowth i would power up with rogain foam :D

G

And if you want even more horsepower I'd ditch the foam for Spectral DNC! :D

Are you using a "Big 3" shampoo like Revita or nizoral?

poochy

Reaction score
Is spectral dnc that much better? If I remember correctly it made my scalp orange.

G

spectral dnc is so expensive. if you're using 1 mL twice a day, isn't that like $400 a year fairrtax? compare this to rogaine foam at $150 a year. i know there's some people using each once a day like skyline, but it seems like the liquid in spectral would still be a bigger hassle to apply and dry than the foam.

G

Jayman,

Well if we just go retail the Spectral DNC is $25.41 from Orbitussuperstore.com. If you use 10 sprays 2x/day that would come out to one bottle a month and cost $305 (+ ~$10 shipping if bought at once) being about $315/year. Originally I was able to cover my whole scalp easily in 8 sprays but I'm too lazy to do the math to see what that costs :)

That's why I use them both. I use the Spectral DNC for the front and the Rogaine Foam on the crown/vertex. One could also use the Spectral DNC just at night and the Rogaine foam in the mornings for the cosmetic effect as well. I only buy two bottles of DNC at a time and it lasts me two months per bottle and costs me just under $60 total including shipping from Orbit. So that's $180/year for me in DNC costs and about $120-$130/year in the Foam. Oh and I only use about 5 or 6 sprays to cover the front half of my head.

I've been starting to do applications every 15-17 hours on some days when I can though so this will also extend out the number of applications needed and save some yearly costs. I probably initially should've just done the foam and saved the DNC as a weapon to use a year later but I was too greedy for results.

They both dry quickly, sometimes I think the foam dries a little bit TOO quickly as you don't get much of a chance to spread it around. The DNC dries completely in no longer than 5 minutes, but unless you use some type of styling product after the DNC it leaves your hair not looking very aesthetically pleasing.

G

old fart said:
Is spectral dnc that much better? If I remember correctly it made my scalp orange.

The old formula made your scalp orange. Since then they've added Apply Polyphenols and Adenosine to the formulation as well.

I'd say it's that much better to warrant at LEAST using it at nighttime.