tonight im quiting finasteride. bye bye full head of hair

jonathan123

Reaction score
i took finasteride since july and exprianced reduced libido and etc.
i think im quiting the drug.. what will make me loose all my hair in one or ttwo years. :(
minoxidil doesnt work for me pritty good im using it for 1 and half years. only propecia helped me.. and helped me a lot in the hairline 2.
so now i can say goodbye 2 the hair and hello 2 my balding head :(
is there any other medication besides propecia that i can use that wont cause me sides?

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
free yourself my friend! libido > Hair - hands down!

LooseItAll

Established Member
Reaction score
slipy said:
Ori83 said:

what is he gonna do with that libido once he's bald? jack off?

haha good1

Primo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
LooseItAll said:
slipy said:
Ori83 said:

haha good1

What is he gonna do with that full head of hair once he has little or no libido?

Pull a "hot chick", take her to the bedroom, then what exactly??

A full head of hair is never going to fulfill a woman the same way a high level of libido can.

jonathan123

Reaction score
i see i guess libido is more importent than hair. but if u can have them both?
finfighter that drug ru is very famillier but no one knows where 2 buy it..
spironolactone is stinky and i dont know if theres other alternatives?
is there any topical that is easy 2 use that blocks the dht like propecia (not talking bout minoxidil cuz im allready using).
any 1 using blocker topical and having good reasult like finasteride?

Primo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You could try topical finasteride, topical spironolactone, RU, fluridil, revivogen etc, everything mentioned on finfighter's thread basically. There are many alternative to finasteride out there.

Be advised though, that all anti-androgens are not 100% safe and you may encounter mild sides with some of them.

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
slipy said:
Ori83 said:

m... by this logic you wouldn't be around to b**ch about hair loss the first place.

slipy

Reaction score
i'm not sure what kind of logic you're trying to apply, maybe you and i hate hair loss for different reasons.

LooseItAll

Established Member
Reaction score
Ori83 said:
slipy said:
Ori83 said:

m... by this logic you wouldn't be around to b**ch about hair loss the first place.

Well not quite. I got hair loss from my momso could he or he could always be "made" when his father still had a full head of hair

slipy

Reaction score
i guess i misunderstood what he meant by "around"

As far as i can remember from wedding pics my father was maybe a Norwood 2 - nw2,5 at the time. If he had advanced hair loss back then i doubt i'd be ''around" now. Maybe he figured he had to act before it's all to late i wish he hadn't.

jonathan123

Reaction score
finfighter- the ru is realy expensive!
and i think that they wont let it in my country.
im depresssed i gotta quit finasteride before ill ruin my body but i cant till i find replacement!

cuebald

Reaction score
Am I the only person at all to get increased rather than decreased libido from finasteride ?

bigentries

Established Member
Reaction score
cuebald said:
Am I the only person at all to get increased rather than decreased libido from finasteride ?
The first two weeks were like I was 13 again, it had to be finasteride as I was depressed (decided to use finasteride) and I had forgotten how it was to be horny all day long
8 months now and libido is normal

Primo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Bryan, the "resident expert", mentioned that there were no scientific studies (on human patients) proving Azelaic acid's effectiveness as an anti-androgen against hairloss.

It was proved effective at stopping hairloss in a laboratory... but then so was Alpecin, so I'd go for something with a bit more scientific backing behind it.

northnorth

Reaction score
I'm starting to develope Gyno from finasteride

I've been on it for over a year, and now I am starting to notice Gyno.. I went to the walk in clinic, got my test levels taken along with making a doctor's appointment with my main MD. My test came back normal;

TSH - Value - 1.49 Range - 0.40-4.00 (ulU/mL)

Narrative : 1 Hr Post Prandial

FREE T4 Value - 0.8 Range - 0.5-1.6 (ng/dL)

TESTOSTERONE - MALES > 17.9 YRS*

Value - 534 Range - 241-827 (ng/dL)

It would really add insult to insurgery to develope full blown Gyno and loose all of my gains from finasteride trying to grow hair.