Tombolino's Story

Tombolino

Established Member
Reaction score
Im 34. Until August of 2005, I had a ton of thick hair with very minor frontal recession (age normal). Then it started thinning and shedding. Career self questioning, getting engaged, monogamy, working and beginning school at night made me stress big time.........I think all this stress triggered the hair loss and thin. Maybe just a coincidence?

BTW, I dont know if this is relevant but my eyebrows have thinned as well my chest hair feels thinner

My Dermatologist suggested I have Telogen Effluvium Effluvium. Not sure I buy it. Its been 10 months. Zero reversal. Or may be chronic.

I did my annual at regular doctor in March, blood work showed no abnormalities in thyroid levels. He also mentioned Telogen Effluvium Effluvium. But again, may be feel good therapy.

Had already been on Propecia for 2 years already as an almost exageratted preventive measure to some barely receding frontal line.

Now May 2006, still on Propecia. Started minoxidil 5% in January.

Dont see regrowth. Still thinning. Bummed. Still have quite a bit of hair which makes the loss slower and more depressing. Hair less and less manageable.

I wonder if I should keep the minoxidil after 5 months?

I have an unopened bottle of Avodart in my bathroom. Havent used it.

Afraid to stop Propecia and shed massively.

Also been using weekly Nizoral, Tea Tree Shampoo, Biotin Shampoo and taking B Complex vitamins.

The hair loss makes me miserable and even more stressed. Im obssesed with it and makes me feel old. I dont look 34. I look 27. Thats also why Im bummed.

Your comments welcome

thanks

Goingat20

Reaction score
well sounds like a hard situation as you have been using propecia, minoxidil, and nizoral. I think if you post pics it will give us an idea if you have male pattern baldness.

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Also, if u order from there, order the sea kelp bioferment to add the SOD and KGF too. it really works good for styling hair. much better than any gel i've ever used.