Tofacitinib is already being used in for Rheumatoid Arthrits.not a new Finding at all

Jaym

Established Member
Reaction score
We know about the drug mate... It's properties to grow hair as a topical however wasn't known, in terms of its ability to cause growth and elongation on healthy hair.

read up on Christianos reasonings on which pathways it works on :)

Saurabhaj

Reaction score
Dude,open the link first..its of 2014..why so blah blah right now.

You had temper problems maybe.
Who said it wasn't known,read it carefully about Tofacitinib on hair growth on the article,June 20 2014.

Jaym

Established Member
Reaction score
Because androgenic alopecia and AU are different pal. We know that it can work for AU but it was never seen to work on healthy hair not because of the immune suppressant traits of the JAK inhibitors. Why do you have to be so rude when I was just trying to help you understand why Christiano has come out with her new findings?

We have know these drugs can work on AUTOIMMUNE diseases and the thought is because of the immunosuppressiveness of the drugs. The idea of inhibiting a family of enzymes via JAK inhibitors topically is new.
"It's likely that the drug triggered hair re-growth by switching off the immune system attack on hair follicles that occurs in people with alopecia universalis, said King".

Do you get it now? We aren't talking about autoimmune hairloss here and we are talking about JAK inhibitors applied topically causing hair growth in human DP spheres grafted onto mice via the inhibition of a family of enzymes. They think it causes wnt activation among other things.

Rude a**hole.

Saurabhaj

Reaction score
Dude,please don't waste my time i will post pic about JAK 3 from my medical books, i have read this already,Go read harrisons medicine about this,this is not new.

- - - Updated - - -

You too are wasting my time,dont be certified idiot and tell me politeness while attacking me idiot,he didnot open the link and wasted me y time like you are doing now,chutia.

Jaym

Established Member
Reaction score
You just arent getting this are you. No where in your link does it say that JAK inhibitors could work for androgenic alopecia or cause elongated growth for healthy hair.

Your link states they work by preventing an immune response. Read the link I just sent you about dr Christianos new findings. Everyone knows that JAK works on autoimmune hairloss because it's an immune suppressant. Christiano has shown it can also work on healthy hair growth and hair in rest phase and hopes it can work on androgenic alopecia because of the way it inhibits enzymes in the hair.

That is not mentioned in 2014 and it being made into a topical solution is also not mentioned in your link. All I'm going by is what is said in your link pal and it only states how it works on auto immune diseases.

I can get my medical books out as well and it won't have her findings in it with the results she has had on human hair grafts.

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dude,please don't waste my time i will post pic about JAK 3 from my medical books, i have read this already,Go read harrisons medicine about this,this is not new.

- - - Updated - - -

You too are wasting my time,dont be certified idiot and tell me politeness while attacking me idiot,he didnot open the link and wasted me y time like you are doing now,chutia.

Lol you are wasting people's time here. You think it wasn't already known by many posters here ? Till now there has been no indication as to how useful JAK inhibitors can be for Male Pattern Baldness and it is still only speculation. So dont go around acting like a smartass.

Jaym

Established Member
Reaction score
Please if you have articles and evidence it can work topically on healthy hair and with the potential for androgenic alopecia then post it. It will benefit everyone. I plan on reading her study and seeing the cited research so hopegully we can find out more.

But that one link you have included does not show any evidence which dr Christiano has shown.

Yes we have know about these drugs in the reversal of AU and that's perfect for what you linked. But what christiano has come out and said is different.

Saurabhaj

Reaction score
12178189_1625323944397880_2031656729_n.jpg I am saying about Janus Kinase 3 (JAK) inhibition mechansim of action done by this drug.

- - - Updated - - -

You clearly don't Understand.I think Your god Bless You.

I said This DRUG has Tofacitinib is already used for rheumatoid arthritis and the finding about hairloss is not new,my link article was posted on JUNE 20 2014,so that clearly means What the blah blah going on Right now is not new.

Also about JANUS KINASE # also known as JAK is inhibited by this drug,This drug are not simple drugs.

Jaym

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey man read this.http://advances.sciencemag.org/content/1/9/e1500973.full

It's the new study from christiano. I think we must be getting lost in translation here. No one actually knew how these drugs topically helped grow hair by forcing it out of the resting phase. Not by suppressing the immune system.

If this whole thread is about people not knowing the drug... We all know the drug. We have known for ages, the excitement isn't about the drug itself but a new angle on hair morphology and signaling.

recedingyt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Saurabhaj is english your native language? Because the link you posted very clearly talks about a condition known as alopecia universalis, NOT androgenic alopecia. Androgenic alopecia (AKA 'male pattern baldness') is the condition we're concerned about. The old study you linked to makes no mention of these drugs being used for androgenic alopecia, nor does it say anything about a topical application. The new study is about the topical use of these drugs to treat androgenic alopecia, which is why it is relevant today.

Perhaps before you get angry with users here you should put some effort into understanding the things you are talking about...

Saurabhaj

Reaction score
Man why cant u understand that i am replying for the drug,i want to tell you the procedure about how the drug trials are started but clearly i did not have enough time right now to reply you,

In medical field there is no thing like old study or new study,all new drugs are discovered when a drug used for any other disease is being known to work for another problem,just like this drug which was used for RA was having hair growth,so they stared using this for male pattern baldness.

English is not my Native language but as a professional and I learnt English from Nursery beut here in India,we didnot care whether we are in perfect grammar or not.
We have saying in Hindi "samjne walo ko ishara kaafi hota hai"

That means if other person is intelligent enough,he can understand even with a slight hint want i want to tell.

Dude do u really believe i did not know Androgenic alopecia or totalis /universalis.. :)

I am Not angry but i am clearly against trollers who runs and tell people about anything they see.
I really had no time wasthing that guy who first replied me,also i am worried about the guy who said me moron and teaching me to be polite,he clearly has failure in his area 44,i am worried about this guy.

recedingyt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We have saying in Hindi "samjne walo ko ishara kaafi hota hai"

That means if other person is intelligent enough,he can understand even with a slight hint want i want to tell.

That might hold some weight if you were at least making a coherent point, but you are not. No one is saying these are brand new drugs. They've been around for a while and the potential use for people with other forms of alopecia has been known for some time now... we already know that. The interesting thing, and the reason why it's being discussed about now, is because of the potential use as a topical treatment for Androgenetic Alopecia.

If you can't understand that then you're just plain stupid regardless of the language barrier between us.

Jaym

Established Member
Reaction score
"Tofacitinib is already being used in for Rheumatoid Arthrits.not a new Finding at all"

Firstly I was trying to point out that literally every person on this forum knows what these drugs are originally used for and everyone knows about the 2014 study. Your title may be getting lost between the language barrier because it is a clear misrepresentation of the new findings from Christiano.

Dr. Christiano's findings are new. The drugs are not but them working on healthy hair and hair in a resting phase is completely new findings. Your 2014 study does not show that, the consensus was that it worked because of the suppressing of the immune system.

Let's just change this up and sort it out right now.

Tofacitinib is not a new drug. It has been around for a long time treating many inflammatory diseases. Dr Christiano's new study shines light on how these drugs could be used for androgenic alopecia by acting separately to the inflammatory mediated response seen in autoimmune diseases such as AU. Please see this 2014 study published on why Dr Christiano wanted to see if it could work for androgenic alopecia, since many other immune suppressant drugs are used daily and have not seen total reversal of AU. Her study has shown that JAK inhibitors can activate such signals such as WNT which has been identified as a crucial pathway in HF regeneration.

Let's all just admit things did get lost in translation and let's move on. Sorry guys for you having to sift through so much sh*t but this is the consensus in bold.

Saurabhaj

Reaction score
I am worried hairloss is not a single problem here... :(

U are not understanding the fact,do u really think if this reaserchers are so stupid that if they find if hair growth is possible in totalis,they will not try to used that in male pattern baldness.
My link article last line clearly says that they will use its citrate form for topical treatment.

PLease Upgrade your Area 44 please,now i am fed up.

Jaym

Established Member
Reaction score
I get what you're saying man I do, that the papers are linked and because of the fact he said he was going to try a topical treatment. We on the same page now bud? Again we all know that Dr king said he wanted to try on Androgenetic Alopecia and he also credited Dr Christiano being the pioneer behind the research. I'm saying that your title was misleading because you say that it's nothing new. Of course its new, its ground breaking research and you won't find it anywhere else in any journal on how JAK inhibitors. It's a discredit towards her because a whole new mode of action from these drugs on the HF independent from the immune system was found.

We on the same page now? :D Honestly I wasn't trying to be rude at the start It's just I felt people were being mislead by the title that this ground breaking research on Androgenetic Alopecia wasn't new. I get that you meant to just inform people that these drugs have been around for a while and that they were always going to test on Androgenetic Alopecia. But what Christiano found was frankly unpredictable and to the extent at which it worked.