Today is the first time I missed x2 applications in 1.5years

metalheaddude

Reaction score
After 1.5 years of using Rogaine Foam for my hairline and crown, applying it twice a day religiously in the morning and at night, NEVER missing a single x2 application a day in that whole time, even if it ment applying it at 3am in the morning after being out on a date, i've decided to switch to once a day applications (only onnce at night time before bed) There is a few reasons for this.

1. Just sick of applying twice a day! Its a chore and time consuming. I can't style my hair properly in the mornings and have to wait for it to dry.

2. Results for the crown have been great. But my hairline results are questionable. My left temple has definately improved while my right temple is WORSE than ever. So after all this time im not expecting to just suddenly start growing new hair from Rogaine. That time has past. If I have gained any hair at all for my crown or hairline, Iam now happy to just maintain this with once a day applications.

3. Cost. Im not cheap by any stretch, ive spent a fortune on snake oils for my hair including a $700 laser comb (which I sold) but x2 applications of the foam for crown and hairline im going through 1 bottle every 18 days because i started applying it to my temple points (which have improved) since the start this year as well. Doing this on top of finasteride (which ive just ordered a new year supply) its just hurting my bank account to much.

4. Im going to get a hair transplant in the next 12-24 months. So I just want to maintain the hair for now.

metalheaddude

Reaction score
Of course I have pictures. I will post them soon.

IBM

Reaction score
1. why you're going to do an hair transplant?
2. If you like emo why not take powerful anti-androgens?

Eureka

Established Member
Reaction score
Yea, You've been applying it for awhile won't hurt to miss a day now and then. I take days off from applying it all the time. Sometimes I go 2-3 days without really bothering with my hair at all, I just throw a hat on and ignore it. Plus the hair I lose every time I apply rogaine gets to me, I usually try and not even bother looking at my hand after an application until I rinse it off.

This reminds me of people out there though, On amazon reviews and such. Where people complain about the product not working, yet they state that they never applied it more then a week or two, it was too much of a hassle. You either want your hair or you don't.

So where are you planning on going for your hair transplant?

justin

Established Member
Reaction score
where do you order your year's supply of finasteride and which context do you use (ie. proscar, finpecia, etc.)? also, how old are you again? just curious.

metalheaddude

Reaction score
Eureka said:
Yea, You've been applying it for awhile won't hurt to miss a day now and then. I take days off from applying it all the time. Sometimes I go 2-3 days without really bothering with my hair at all, I just throw a hat on and ignore it. Plus the hair I lose every time I apply rogaine gets to me, I usually try and not even bother looking at my hand after an application until I rinse it off.

This reminds me of people out there though, On amazon reviews and such. Where people complain about the product not working, yet they state that they never applied it more then a week or two, it was too much of a hassle. You either want your hair or you don't.

So where are you planning on going for your hair transplant?

Well since today is the second day I didn't apply it in the morning. It feels strange because I had made such a ritual/habit of it. But I already feel so much better for not having applied it, I don't why. I feel more optimistic :)

As for the hair transplant I would love to goto armani but I think he is over priced. I think guys like feller and wolf do just as good hairline work.

Check out this guys hair transplant on the bottom of this page on the link below

I think that looks f-cuking amazing! The average person would never tell he had a hair transplant in a million years and that was done by wolf. I think he is cheaper.

To the other poster I use inhousepharmacy.com and I use proscar 5mg.

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/mess ... TARTPAGE=2

barcafan

Reaction score
I heard anecdotal evidence that 1/day application is like almost as effective as 2x/day. That's what im doing.

ginger-uk

Established Member
Reaction score
That guy had a hair transplant when his hairline was about perfect anyway!? People like that confuse me!