Today I realised I was pulling up my hairs.(tricholomania?)

hairface

Reaction score
hi!

hey, I realised that once upon a while I would pull my hair unconsciencly and verify how many of them would come up each time, sometimes I could do that like 5-10 times in a row...

THIS IS REALLY A BAD HABIT, I WILL WORK ON THIS AND TRY TO STOP.

After reading a site about tricholomania, I have realised I've been doing this for months... its not helping my hairs at all while im doing this, I literally force them to fall down... crap! Maybe for months I was killing 5-15 hairs per day doing this :freaked:

I must add this to my regimen... NEVER FORCE MY HAIRS AGAIN!

Can anyone confirm that this is bad for hairs...maybe you are doing it too....... unconsciencly!

hairface

PartTimeNinja

Established Member
Reaction score
sh*t! I think I might just do the same thing! Can you please post a link with the www of the site you were reading on? Cheers!

hairface

Reaction score

PartTimeNinja

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks - although I think I was overreacting......Monday mornings you know. Just waiting for Rawbbie to comment on this one and calling me a paranoid balding kid sitting behind my computer.....

pleasehelpme

Established Member
Reaction score
ahh sh*t i have this same bad habit... it like comes outta nowhere too. f*** i really have to stop i think i've been going at it for over 3 years.

is there anything you can do to help this condition?

thanks and good luck guys

WindyCityHair

Reaction score
When I first noticed my hair was falling out I did this also.

Sitting at my desk doing my work I would unconsciously pull on my hair to see how many would come out..

AHHH I have to stop this.

pleasehelpme

Established Member
Reaction score
damn just today i kept on doing this... for me i don't actually pull on it but i try to like shape my hair so that it will gain more volume. (i have fine hair and it slicks down for some reason).

its just this one freakin spot on my head too the back left side part of my head. i lost around 15 hairs just from that one spot today. this is seriously a bad condition we really need to stop this crap!

hairface

Reaction score
heh...looks like we gotta get rid of this bad habit, it's just like Nail biting...
you don't even realise what you are doing untill someone else tell you to stop it..

I'll try to not pull any this week ...keep me posted with your progress..

Good luck to all of you.

pleasehelpme

Established Member
Reaction score
yeah im not even gonna touch my hair other than when i shower. good luck hairface and goodluck guys!