To wash, or NOT to wash your hair every day?

wendal

Established Member
Reaction score
I've heard different opinions from different people. I have always washed my hair every day and I am not experiencing much hair loss except a receding hairline. I've heard it's bad to shampoo your hair every single day, dries out your hairs natural oils and can lead to hair loss and then I've heard people say it makes no difference if you shampoo your hair twice a day.

So what's the jurry on this? Anyone know for sure?

RaginDemon

Reaction score
washing your hair everyday won't make too much a difference.

powersam

Reaction score
i scrub my hair with plain water everyday, and use conditioner maybe once a week. have not used shampoo for probably over 6 months now and have had no problems with hygiene whatsoever. i think its helped the health of my scalp skin.

SkylineGTR

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have to wash my hair at least every other day or i turn into a greaseball.

Normaly I do everyday when i work .. i'll skip days when i don't work.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
SkylineGTR said:
I have to wash my hair at least every other day or i turn into a greaseball.

Normaly I do everyday when i work .. i'll skip days when i don't work.

I do the same.

kento

Established Member
Reaction score
powersam said:
i scrub my hair with plain water everyday, and use conditioner maybe once a week. have not used shampoo for probably over 6 months now and have had no problems with hygiene whatsoever. i think its helped the health of my scalp skin.

Got problems with SLS? There are tons of shampoos without that

btw. Any benefits from shampooing every day for users with oily skin? I read that i can reduce the oilnes

TonyTheTiger

Established Member
Reaction score
powersam said:

damn your scalp must smell like garbage and old cheese lol

I heard if you have an oil scalp it causes my hairloss I know when I didnt wash my hair for 7 days because I had a cut on my shoulder that had to scab up and heal my scalp stunk and when I finally shampooed I had tons of hair loss and more Zits on my scalp I had like 5 zits on my scalp probally clogged follicles, that can cause hairloss as well clogged follicles.

powersam

Reaction score
TonyTheTiger said:
powersam said:

I heard if you have an oil scalp it causes my hairloss I know when I didnt wash my hair for 7 days because I had a cut on my shoulder that had to scab up and heal my scalp stunk and when I finally shampooed I had tons of hair loss and more Zits on my scalp I had like 5 zits on my scalp probally clogged follicles, that can cause hairloss as well clogged follicles.

absolutely no smell whatsoever.

TonyTheTiger

Established Member
Reaction score
powersam said:
TonyTheTiger said:
powersam said:

absolutely no smell whatsoever.

lol now your just bullshitting.

powersam

Reaction score
washing my hair with conditioner is just as effective as shampoo but is nowhere near as harsh on the skin of my scalp. oh and lick my balls you dumbarse.

TonyTheTiger

Established Member
Reaction score
powersam said:
washing my hair with conditioner is just as effective as shampoo but is nowhere near as harsh on the skin of my scalp. oh and lick my balls you dumbarse.

was that necessary? some people are pretty immature.

Maxpwr

Established Member
Reaction score
The question wasn't whether he showered or not... it was about washing his hair with shampoo. If he washes his hair with just hot water it may not particularly smell nice, but wouldn't stink either... especially if it was short hair.

I've decided I'm gonna stop washing my hair every day. I'll buy some nizoral and use it every 3rd day. My current shampoo and conditioner will be used probably twice a week. I've already noticed my scalp has stopped itching almost totally since doing that.

powersam

Reaction score
Maxpwr said:
The question wasn't whether he showered or not... it was about washing his hair with shampoo. If he washes his hair with just hot water it may not particularly smell nice, but wouldn't stink either... especially if it was short hair.

I've decided I'm gonna stop washing my hair every day. I'll buy some nizoral and use it every 3rd day. My current shampoo and conditioner will be used probably twice a week. I've already noticed my scalp has stopped itching almost totally since doing that.

you might want to try just using conditioner instead of shampoo on your nizoral off days. way more gentle on the skin, and it seems to clean the hair just as effectively.

the Last Fight

Established Member
Reaction score
Washing your hair everyday is way too much in my opinion, i generally wash it once a week, with rinses in between just like powersam, i find that my hair is alot better when shampooing once in a while ..

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
SpunkyPam said:
In my county my mom never let me wash hare all day. :punk:

My goodness, that's TERRIBLE! Your mom never let you wash your poor little pet rabbit??

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
You don't want to eat DIRTY rabbits, do you?!

Maxpwr

Established Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
You don't want to eat DIRTY rabbits, do you?!

Dirty rabbits yeah... hares? ...no way man, no way! Wash the bastards first!

But, as Powersam suggests, use only hot water with conditioner once a week or so. Nizoral is also acceptable. :agree:

BldBtch

Reaction score
I used to have hair down to my ***. Now I only wash it once a week. Going bald has it's benefits.