To those whose Rogain Foam is watery...

Cassin

Reaction score
Last Saturday I opened a new bottle of rogaine foam and it was a watery mess. Today I used the same bottle and it was nice thick foam.

Whats the difference...

Saturday was a hot humid day
Today I have the AC cranked down and its rather cold in my home.

Thoughts? Opinions?

Anyone else have watery foam but they lived in a hot or humid climate?

redtan

Reaction score
You answered your own question. The stuff melts into a liquid when it's warm, like for example when it touches your skin.

Keep it in the fridge for a couple minutes before using.

metalheaddude

Reaction score
I live in a very hot humid climate and my foam is foam for about 0.2 of a second then it pretty much turns to liquid. So you gotta be quick and very accurate about where you want to apply it. I have also applied it in a cooler climate and the foam is thick and foamy and takes quite a long time to melt. Ironically I noticed my hair was in much better condition when I applied the foam in the cooler enviroment over that 3 month period.

Eureka

Established Member
Reaction score
Yea On hot days, My foam like melts the second it in my hand..It has to be a really quick application or I waste way too much of it.

I've never had it come out of the bottle and just be liquid, I have had it come out and be really wet, intermixed with the foam, that's on the hottest days, I usually store it in the colder rooms now.

Cassin

Reaction score
redtan said:
You answered your own question. The stuff melts into a liquid when it's warm, like for example when it touches your skin.

Keep it in the fridge for a couple minutes before using.

I am not asking a question so much as seeing if anyone else has had this happen :)

cmudave

Established Member
Reaction score
yeah..i noticed the same thing...it would be very watery on humid days...thats why in the summer i used to always put it in the refrigerator before i took a shower and by the time i got out it would be cooled down and it would foam up again.

metalheaddude

Reaction score
cmudave said:
yeah..i noticed the same thing...it would be very watery on humid days...thats why in the summer i used to always put it in the refrigerator before i took a shower and by the time i got out it would be cooled down and it would foam up again.

Hey thats a clever idea! Never really thought of that. Well I thought of putting my foam in the fridge but I read it damages the foam because its to cold. But leaving it in there for 5 minutes to get its temperature down enough to make it foamy is a good idea, might try that one :bravo:

metalheaddude

Reaction score
BARCA said:
I rinse it with cold water before using....it works

The cold water is not even cold where I live. Its still warm. I don't even use any hot when having a shower and its still kinda warm :dunno:

funtimestinto

Reaction score
hey,

yah I had this happen once and then I kept the can in my bathroom because it's cold in their and I have had no problems ever again.

fun

northwest

Reaction score
I like too cool my head and hands with cold water,
then apply the foam it seems to stay as foam for at
least 20 mins this way and seems to stop lots being
absorbed into your hands when you apply it

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I live in the UK, so my foam stays as foam for about a year on my hand its so dam cold, but recently I flew to Asia, where I am now, and the foam melts instantly. I though it might have been damaged from the flight, but now I know. In the fridge it will go.

tgates209

Established Member
Reaction score
I have short hair, so what I do is apply it directly to the regions of my head I'm aiming for. I then just rub it in and t never has a chance of liquefying in my hand. Works great.

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I dont even use the cap to put my foam in like the instructions say.

I just part my hair a little at a time a spray a little dollop on my scalp and kind of tap it into my scalp, then repeat over the other areas of my scalp that need it. Try it, its much better than spraying foam into that dumb cap and having to scoop it out and in hot weather have it melt into liquid.

ali777

Reaction score
The video instruction I saw, I think it was in the Regaine/Rogain website, says that you should wash your hands with cold water before applying.