To those suffering from dark circles from Minoxidil/Rogaine

haga

Reaction score
Yup you're right about the finasteride. finasteride DOES NOT cause dark circles at all. In fact finasteride has absolutely no effect on the skin anywhere on the body. I've been taking finasteride for 4 years.

It is strictly the minoxidil that causes this problem. Believe me when I say there are TONS of people who used minoxidil that suffer from the same problem.

I have heard that over time the dark circles and sunken eyes will go away. But I'm trying to make it happen faster.

T

Timi

i have take Kortison
the swollen eyes fast better, but not so as bevor minoxidil!

Did you have
Breathing problems
Tachycardia
burning breast
Tinnitus
Ear noise
burning Nose
Burning Lips and Mouth
red Eyes

Timi

haga

Reaction score
No I did not have those problems. I only had problems with the skin on my face. But those are also common side affects of minoxidil use. Many have reported those symptoms.

haga

Reaction score
Timi said:
i have take Kortison

Don't use Cortisone around the eyes. It interferes with Collagen production. Even though in the short term it might give you results, in the long term it will delay the healing process.

T

Timi

haga said:
Timi said:
i have take Kortison

Don't use Cortisone around the eyes. It interferes with Collagen production. Even though in the short term it might give you results, in the long term it will delay the healing process.

i have become Tabletts from the Doctor

Timi

RP3X

Established Member
Reaction score
wow 4 months later and your dark circles still didnt go?

Bit worrying that... these dark circles make me look so much tired/older.. and uninteresting.

The worst part is you feel it also !

I wouldnt mind it but only if minoxidil actually gave me hair growth...

Ill have to see, but I dont think any eye cream will actually do...will see

RP3X

Established Member
Reaction score
Im not gonna bother with aveeno cream cos it didnt help an above poster... seems all these eye creams tighten up the skin and try its best too prevent the tired/sunglasses look.....

But it aint helped me at all, ill use this similar cream up and keep applying it just to use it up but so far even vaseline does more under the eyes for me!

This is a real battle of minds, try and stick with the big 3 and potentially have no gain or improvement or keep what little hair is left on the head ?

Or stop the big 3 and get rid of the sunglasses under the eyes and shave the head yet look interesting/not tired all the time and just go with it....

What a choice to make :dunno:

haga

Reaction score
Yeah unless you have easy access to Aveeno, forget about it (I remember you mentioned it wasn't available in UK).

This is by far the BEST product for the eyes (link below). It works on any possible eye problem and it has great reviews. The only problem is that it costs so much. Like I mentioned before, I'm trying some home remedies. If they don't work then I will be purchasing this.

http://www.amazon.com/EliteSkin-Elite-E ... 400&sr=1-4

RP3X

Established Member
Reaction score
haga said:
Yeah unless you have easy access to Aveeno, forget about it (I remember you mentioned it wasn't available in UK).

This is by far the BEST product for the eyes (link below). It works on any possible eye problem and it has great reviews. The only problem is that it costs so much. Like I mentioned before, I'm trying some home remedies. If they don't work then I will be purchasing this.

http://www.amazon.com/EliteSkin-Elite-E ... 400&sr=1-4

Looks interesting but theres 3-4 reviews that suggest it does nothing under the eyes like the rest of these treatments...

im just gonna use up this lotion over the course of the next week or 2...

Oddly it has helped a bit on the left eye but the right eye where its far worser no difference sadly, but will use it all up.

May just try vaseline or a moisteriser type cream.....

RP3X

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone got any other updates ?

I have been trying to massage my eyes a bit more and try the gentle tapping (as shown on youtube to help dark circles), ive checked google and found numerous cures for dark circles.

But no joy so far, ive brought a garnier roll on stick for dark circles, its got a cold silver ball and its cold to your eyes when used, it also massages the blood flow and has caffeine which is apparantly there to stimulate the blood flow.

been using it for 4 days and nothing much, again its almost like the same effect I had when using a face moisteriser or vaseline....just left skin smoother

Alot of the other cures are the normal ones ie suggesting cucumber slices, or wet warm teabags under the eyes... some even suggested a ice cube or ice cold wet clothe under the eyes helps... obviously more sleep was the main one!

However like suggested by the above poster these seem to be only for those that have this issue genuinely! not from minoxidil soloutions.... I guess thats why nothing works!

All cures seem to point to pushing any toxins under the eyes out or clearing the blood flow..... ill use this stick but im not gonna spend any more time or money ill use this for the next few weeks untill its finished and report back !

Nene

Reaction score
Jimmy Neutron, just got a bottle of the stuff. Hope it works. BTW, what boxing site do you post on? I'm a huge boxing fan. I also love dbz, is that Vegeta as a kid?

RP3X

Established Member
Reaction score
Well been using a Garnier eye roller stick designed for dark circles and after a month....

no difference, waste of a £10 eye stick lol

I should have tried the one with a cover up eye cream, the only way to get rid of the dark circles imo since nothing works is make up or to stop minoxidil....

Im thinking of just giving the big 3 another 4-5 months since I havent maintained my hair line and these sunglasses look makes me look tired/old/20 years older and like ive been punched in the eyes I may just give it up but will see how the big 3 and liquid minoxidil fairs out

mothernature

Established Member
Reaction score
guys heres something that worked for me. I have problems sleeping so usually have puffy eyes in the morning with dark circles.

FIrst, i take out a bag of peas from the freezer and put it accross my eyes for 20 mins. It shud be very cold and it helps reduce the swelling ALOT.

Then the product : Easy eye solutions serum + Concealer. It;s worked in reducing the eye bag, its a "tuck" and firms the skin underneath, theres loads of positive reviews about it that i read and its working moderately well for me.

Of course the biggest thing that reduces my dark circles is getting enough sleep.

Receding89

Established Member
Reaction score
How exactly does the minoxidl/rogaine effect your under eyes?????? Is it from the die/foam on your pillow getting on your face when you sleep or does it just target the under eyes from your bloodstream or something? Should you change your pillow sheets more often to stop this happening??
I have recently switched from Rogaine to Minoxidl 10% + azelaic acid dht blocker(Perfect Image Solutions) and noticed my right under eye, has a line/wrinkle which Im sure wasnt there before. Its not very noticeable now, only under certain light but afraid it will get worse. Noticing my under eyes look abit tired too and my eyelids feel heavy sometimes.
Suprised they havent got it listed as a side effect of Minoxidl when it seems quite common, though I didnt notice it with rogaine have to say.

RP3X

Established Member
Reaction score
wow been looking ages for this thread !

I posted updates about my dark circles here:

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=71802&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=30

Theres a few useful tips in there as suggested by others regarding my dark circles:

Some suggested:

Drink more water
get more exercise
Sleep on the other side, this will help prevent blood from pooling.
cold treatments like wet cold/frozen teabags
also cold spoons from the fridges
noise cleaning via neti pot/Nasal wash
Gel mask for hot and cold treatments
life-style changes

I have been off all hair loss products for almost 6 weeks now and I have had very little improvement with my dark circles, it does not seem any eye cream or moisterizer will ever work I think there all gimmicks frankly ! I guess the cure is to find out what's causing it and to improve/fix it from the source.

I have spent many hours reading websites and some suggested this maybe myth that computer screens/watching telly can cause eye strain and dark circles if you do it more then a few hours a day.... frankly its my job and when I come home im always in front of the telly/monitor, who isn't now a days ! I am unsure if there is any truth to it....but it may tie into the life style changes

Another new one to me for a cure to dark circles was this :

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nasal-Irrigatio ... 498&sr=1-1

Its neti pot or nasopure, many people suggest there is a link between dark circles and sinus problems, if anyone suffers from hayfever or allergies this can block your nose on both or either sides, and giving more pressure to the eyes and eye area:

Read the nasal congestion part here:

http://multiculturalbeauty.about.com/od ... ircles.htm

I have also included other links for treatments:

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=179352786400

http://www.darkcirclesundertheeyes.com/ ... :Sinusitis

http://www.realself.com/question/dark-c ... s-problems

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GEL-EYE-MASK- ... 19cad9b11b

I have not given up yet as one guy suggested on my thread (on top) it took almost 6 months for his dark circles to fade away and that was after he stoppped minoxidil treatments... it may just take time, I will continue to try and may try the gel face mask and try hot/cold treatments I think its more easier then the cold spoon/teabags trick and less messy! and I will try the nasal cleaning part, it sadly maybe just my cheek bone and face structure also giving a dark circle so I guess if I have not had any improvements by this fall I will just cheat like girls do and use man make up !

lukedorian

Reaction score
In the end the changes on the skin of the face are caused due to lack of androgens of those using an antiandrogen along with minoxidil, not for the minoxidil use, Clomid 1/2 tablet EOD will solve the issue.

raskoblaskan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow, I'm having dark circles too after only a couple of months on 7.5% minoxidil, once/daily. I will consider discontinuing. It's not like my circles are new - have had them for a few years off and on - but lately they seem pretty bad.

Here's something I do to pump up the flesh underneath and around my eye, increasing volume. More volume equals reduction in dark circles. Just get a bag of hyaluronic acid from a bulk powder place online. Then mix up a little batch, and each night or morning rub a few drops underneath your eyes. It holds 100+ times its own weight in water, so within 2 minutes you'll feel tightening there. It starts to feel tight because it is sucking all the water out of surrounding tissues. Before I found this stuff I used creatine powder. It also works, not quite as well.

I got this idea when researching Restylane treatments, those injections actors get to make their eyes look younger. Supposed to last a month or more. But they are expensive. Then I figured out that it's just mostly HA they are injecting. So a 10 dollar bag of HA powder is like Restylane-light. People underestimate the absorbancy of the skin. This stuff penetrates into my skin, no problem.

Another correlation to good skin, I observed when reading an article about baby skin. A baby's skin is like 80% hyaluronic acid. A 90 year old person's is about 10%. Yeah. Skin degrades over time, obviously. Putting HA back in it is like turning back the clock a decade.

However -- now I have dry eyes -- my Doctor says my 'tear shield' is only at 1/3. I have to use eye drops and special ointment to address the condition. Supposedly drinking tons of water for 5 month will restore the tear shield, but I suck at hydrating, I mainly drink coffee and wine. Beware then - I think the HA has depleted my eyes and now when I take it I hydrate my eye area first, and put in eye drops, and drink water.

Last edited: