To scared to take...

aibo82

Established Member
Reaction score
I just got my fincar from inhousepharmacy wich i will cut into 5ths but after reading further notes about shedding im to scared to tek the stuff! at the moment im about NW2-3 and currently on minoxidil and have been for 4 months. I dont want to make my hair progress faster but it is difusing a little with the fincar help or make matters worse? Ive seen some people go bald with it and its prity scary!

NedFlanders

Established Member
Reaction score
Well when I started Finpecia my shedding that occured seemed to last a couple weeks at most. Point being everyone is different, and your not going to know until you find out.

sphlanx2006

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ive seen some people go bald with it and its prity scary!

You must be one of your kind, since no one has gone bald because of finasteride.

WorldofWarcraft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
aibo82 said:
I just got my fincar from inhousepharmacy wich i will cut into 5ths but after reading further notes about shedding im to scared to tek the stuff! at the moment im about NW2-3 and currently on minoxidil and have been for 4 months. I dont want to make my hair progress faster but it is difusing a little with the fincar help or make matters worse? Ive seen some people go bald with it and its prity scary!

No, don't take it. Just go bald. :roll:

MPBWarrior

Experienced Member
Reaction score
let me get this straight... he doesn't wanna go on finasteride because he's scared of increasing his hair loss?!?!?!?!

The Dangerman

Established Member
Reaction score
I had the same thoughts as you Aibo82, but I came to the conclusion that those that finasteride didn't work for, are the ones that shout the loudest, so don't be unduly put off. Whilst this forum is hugely helpful, and I'd be lost without it, you got to remember that a lot of posts are anecdotal. Look at the facts, finasteride does work for the vast majority of people. Trials have shown this. Of course there are sadly some that it doesn't work for, and they are the people who are more likely to post. Forums on any health subject often generate a negative bias towards treatments, since those whom it doesn't work for, stay around. The ones that it does work for post much less frequently, if at all.

G

Guys, can someone explain to me why lowering DHT levels would cause a SHED? I know minoxidil does as it reduces the amount of time each follicle remains in the telogen phase but I did not know that finasteride also reduces the time spent in telogen?

grimes

Reaction score
i'm in the same boat as you. i'd probably try propecia or proscar if it wasn't for the shed people keep talking about.

it seems to me that most people who go on it shed a lot and their hairline recede a lot within the first 12 months and it never really comes back either. should people with receding hairline take it in the first place?

G

look at the results of some of the people featured at http://www.propecia.com

I'm sure they were the very best respondents to finasteride but I've read other posts from people reclaiming regrowth on the hairline with finasteride.

MPBWarrior

Experienced Member
Reaction score
FairTaxNow said:
Guys, can someone explain to me why lowering DHT levels would cause a SHED? I know minoxidil does as it reduces the amount of time each follicle remains in the telogen phase but I did not know that finasteride also reduces the time spent in telogen?
it causes sheds because with less DHT, follicles can breathe again. therefore they get rid of the old, dying hair to be able to 'restructure' themselves (for a lack of a better word) and grow healthier, longer hairs.

aibo82

Established Member
Reaction score
Wow thanks guys for your help I may just start it then.. I know when I started minoxidil there was going to be a shed and I have gone from nw2 to 3 from then and only managed to grow back a bit of fluffy hair! anyways I hope this is going to be more effective! Ill be using fincar off inhouse and cutting it into 1mg 5ths sound about right?

G

You are doing the right thing, aibo. Just give your treatments time to do something. Your minoxidil shed will regrow as well. Good Luck to you!