To People Who Still Believe male pattern baldness Is Connected To Diet.

fkedupmylifelol1

My Regimen
Reaction score
doesn't look like he has the male pattern baldness gene though. most guys that say diet is related to hairloss say that because they think a poor diet will bring on male pattern baldness faster or you'll be much more prone to hairloss with a poor diet WHILE having the male pattern baldness gene

Xyz23

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A friend of mine is 26 and hes eating since childhood junk food everyday. He doesnt eat vegetables or something like that. Pure fast food day in day out and he has the sickest hair ive ever seen. genetics are your friend

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
A friend of mine is 26 and hes eating since childhood junk food everyday. He doesnt eat vegetables or something like that. Pure fast food day in day out and he has the sickest hair ive ever seen. genetics are your friend
That's life I guess

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
doesn't look like he has the male pattern baldness gene though. most guys that say diet is related to hairloss say that because they think a poor diet will bring on male pattern baldness faster or you'll be much more prone to hairloss with a poor diet WHILE having the male pattern baldness gene

good point

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just because someone eats badly and has a full head of hair does not mean diet has nothing to do with male pattern baldness regression. It would be like saying my friend had labs done and has high DHT and has great hair, so DHT has nothing to do with male pattern baldness progression.

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just because someone eats badly and has a full head of hair does not mean diet has nothing to do with male pattern baldness regression. It would be like saying my friend had labs done and has high DHT and has great hair, so DHT has nothing to do with male pattern baldness progression.

Do you believe that eating a healthier diet will solve male pattern baldness?

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you believe that eating a healthier diet will solve male pattern baldness?

I do not believe it will solve it...there are plenty of healthy people with male pattern baldness and unhealthy people without. I think there needs to be a multifaceted approach.

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
I do not believe it will solve it...there are plenty of healthy people with male pattern baldness and unhealthy people without. I think there needs to be a multifaceted approach.

I don't think anyone can develop male pattern baldness by eating certain foods. You either have the gene or you don't. Certain foods might accelerate the balding process, but all in all, diet shouldn't make any sort of difference. As long as you are not deficient you're good to go. If you are shedding or thinning due to diet it might be because of a deficiency

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC9uqoIkY8Nd7J9Gnk98W1w

This guy basically eats whatever he wants (mainly pizza's and burger's) 5 times a week. Look at his NW1 @ 40+ years of age.
There's a twin study which shows that identical twins don't always have the same rate of baldness. They found that, for example, smoking accelerates hair loss.

I don't think anyone can develop male pattern baldness by eating certain foods. You either have the gene or you don't.
It is extremely unlikely that baldness is due to a single gene -- think about it.

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
There's a twin study which shows that identical twins don't always have the same rate of baldness. They found that, for example, smoking accelerates hair loss.

It is extremely unlikely that baldness is due to a single gene -- think about it.

Surely smoking ain't a diet? I'm not a native speaker.
*Genes then, I guess.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
*Genes then, I guess.

Right so if it's due to hundreds of genes, that implies tens of thousands of interactions and at that point it's very unlikely that environment plays no role.

That doesn't mean that the role is obvious, or that identifying it would be helpful. For example it could be that nutrition during childhood is most important, in which case an adult switching to veganism will do sweet f*** all. Or it could be that doing so will help people with crown thinning but not hairline thinning, there's no way to know.

Without profound insight, or new data, there's no way for us to know.