to finasteride users..please reply

hopewas

Reaction score
i just started taking proscar yesterday but i'm curious..

how many of you guys who are on finasteride and minoxidil..or just finasteride.. have had results? who here hasn't? who maintained?.. please reply if you're on it.. thanks

G

hopewas said:
i just started taking proscar yesterday but i'm curious..

how many of you guys who are on finasteride and minoxidil..or just finasteride.. have had results? who here hasn't? who maintained?.. please reply if you're on it.. thanks

I regrew subsantial amounts of hair on the crown over a 12 month period. These two substances do work (did for me anyway) and I also was using nizoral and folligen spray at the time.

Good luck! :lol:

odb

Established Member
Reaction score
I am on propecia only. six months and I´m pleased so far, It works both in the front and in the crown for me.

hair is overall thicker and darker, thinning spots are filling in.

I had side effects for the first 3-4 months but they are gone too.

fredrik78er

Reaction score
Been on propecia for 7 months and on minoxidil for about four months..
No result what so ever.. My hair is falling out very fast. So i think these products are a total rip-off. But thats just my opinion, cause in my case I dont believe its only DHT which is causing hairloss. Im hoping hair cloning develops fast, otherwise im buttfucked. Probably will be totally bald within two-three years. These products are not at all what I hoped. Good luck to you anyway, cause im still a minority it seems...

new-here

Reaction score
hi there , i am using finasteride which i bought from genericchemist.com i cut the pill into 4 quarters , i am 1month and half in the treatment , also using nizoral2% and spiro2% 2xday and now minoxidil 5% day and night ...I think my hair is getting stronger ... I shave my head 3mm long and i think it is improving . My advice is that everyone with thinning should try finasteride... Anybody now whats up finasteride fluridil ? i am thincking of adding it !!!

Because if finasteride blocks dht , and spironolactone prevents dht from attaching and fluridil stops androgens it would be a good combination... what do you guys think ( also using minoxidil for regrowth)

best of luck to everyone ( f*** all sales-men worldwide, whatever product they sell , all of them )

ShedMaster

Reaction score
New-here, I would honestly wait until you get the results of your currrent regimen for atleast 8-12 months before adding fluridil. You sound like you are responding nicely and adding something else into the equation is not necessary at this time. Save it until your current regimen stops working.

new-here

Reaction score
Thanks for your advice , I will stay on my current treatment .. good luck on yours

new-here

bombscience

Reaction score
I'm sure you know my story. Propecia, minoxidil & folligen for 6 months without results. Propecia, minoxidil, Folligen and spironolactone for 8 months with less results. I am a diffuse thinner.

jblig

Established Member
Reaction score
just completed 4 mos. of propecia and nizoral alone....no sides, hairloss seems to have slowed down drastically.....

ShedMaster

Reaction score
bombscience said:
I'm sure you know my story. Propecia, minoxidil & folligen for 6 months without results. Propecia, minoxidil, Folligen and spironolactone for 8 months with less results. I am a diffuse thinner.

bombscience, don't mean to sound repetitive, but did you ever have your thyroid tested?

Stingray

Reaction score
Anyone else hear Ned Flanders' voice when reading shedmaster's posts?

bombscience

Reaction score
ShedMaster said:
bombscience said:

bombscience, don't mean to sound repetitive, but did you ever have your thyroid tested?

Before finasteride and after minoxidil I had a full physical. STD test, blood work etc etc. I had a full blood work done because of a history of heart disease in my family. The doctor thought that I had an irregular heart beat because of an EKG he administerd. This common problem is usually linked to your thyroid because some hormones it releases regulate the heart. When the blood work came back everything was normal.

ShedMaster

Reaction score
Stingray said:
Anyone else hear Ned Flanders' voice when reading shedmaster's posts?

Ned Flanders doesn't mess around with hairloss, stingray-erino..oakaly, doakaly?

Jack_the_Lad

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been on finasteride and nizoral for 3 months now, my hairloss has definately stopped. I can see my hair darking a bit but no real regrowth yet, I'm thinking of adding minoxidil.

umab

Established Member
Reaction score
I have experienced success on big 3. I have been using minoxidil + nizoral for 7months and finasteride for 5months.

I was Norwood 3-5 before tratment but hard to say.Anyway I had large slick sheeny areas on temples, midscalp and crown. There was just little amount of very bad hair on these areas. That is because I have been losing hair since 19-20. I am 27now.

The contemporary result of the treatment is that the hair situation on my temples is on way to be cosmetically accetable soon. Unfortunately I have not experienced much improvement on crown yet. However I noticed some positive changes on that area last week.

If my situatuion on crown is not better after 12month on finasteride I will add xandrox15%, spironolactone or fluridil to my regimen.

Ledvoush

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hopewas, I noticed my hair stopped falling out after using propecia for only 2.5 months, and I hadn't even started using minoxidil yet (but did get on nizoral right away, too). And now at the 4.5 month mark, my hair is generally thicker and healthier. Started minoxidil 5% 1.5 months ago in hopes of regrowth.

Check my story for pics. My damn widow's peak is thin. I don't think it has really thickened in the sense of growing more hairs, but the hairs that were/are there are thicker, and it shows when I style it. It even feels thicker. I hope to grow new hairs with the big three by the 12 month mark.

I know your story, and you hesitancy to use finasteride. I did experience a decrease in libido for a week. It was wierd, just sitting there thinking "for once in my friggin LIFE I do NOT feel the need to have sex right now". It was kind of liberating, like a weight lifted off of my mind. I could still perform, but didn't really feel the desire to. But it came right back and is as strong as ever now.

So if it happens to you, ride it out. I also think larganine helps with this, and working out/exercising is helpful, too. Possibly balances the meddling of hormones.

Good luck. Keep us posted.

coffee

Reaction score
ledvoush, just curious, your avatar looks like that dude from the dandy warhols. ?