To Continue Or Quit Minoxidil Due To Shedding?

AussieM

Reaction score
I have been on Propecia for two to three years now and that has helped my receding temples alot. About a year ago I started using minoxidil and had an initial shed but I never really noticed an improvement. Two months ago I switched minoxidil brands and holy cr*p where I apply it has thinned so much! Just washed my hair of Toppik and was shocked how the exact corners where I apply the minoxidil every night have thinned badly. I know its a shed but I feel I am a nonresponder and minoxidil is just making things worse.

I'm considering stopping minoxidil (staying on Propecia) but reading alot of forums online I am worried that if I quit I'll induce another massive shed which will take ages to recover from.

I wish I'd never touched Minoxidil. Could really use anyone's experience of a similiar experience! Stressing about it

GeorgeNatur

Reaction score
I have been on Propecia for two to three years now and that has helped my receding temples alot. About a year ago I started using minoxidil and had an initial shed but I never really noticed an improvement. Two months ago I switched minoxidil brands and holy cr*p where I apply it has thinned so much! Just washed my hair of Toppik and was shocked how the exact corners where I apply the minoxidil every night have thinned badly. I know its a shed but I feel I am a nonresponder and minoxidil is just making things worse.

I'm considering stopping minoxidil (staying on Propecia) but reading alot of forums online I am worried that if I quit I'll induce another massive shed which will take ages to recover from.

I wish I'd never touched Minoxidil. Could really use anyone's experience of a similiar experience! Stressing about it

Hi Aussie,

the best I think is to use minoxidil foam 5% from Kirkland.

That will give you results, use in evening.

Also is very useful to take a pge2agonist, as your hair is thin, it needs plenty if "food".

A very good pge2agonist is Royal jelly from (Vitamin Word).

dunno

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why would different brands of minoxidil make any difference? i get that liquid and foam may differ from eachother but not brands?