to all you guys with an NW5 +

heyitsthatguy

Established Member
Reaction score
I want the honest answer here.
Is it really that much harder to get laid than it used to be when your hair was in better shape? How often would you say most of you pick up?
I just want to know now because I want to know what my future holds.

ali777

Reaction score
Bro, your hair wouldn't stop you from getting laid right now. You don't have visible hairloss. You might have hairloss that is visible to you, but others wouldn't care.

Don't worry about it now. Have as much fun as you can while you can. You will have other priorities later in life.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
heyitsthatguy said:
Is it really that much harder to get laid than it used to be when your hair was in better shape? ....

Never had a problem gettin' some. The ability to hook up doesn't have anything to do w/ the # of hairs on your head. I'm sure there's a % of women out there who take that into account - but believe me - they're in the minority and not worth your time or effortts anyway.

barcafan

Reaction score
dudemon said:
heyitsthatguy said:
I want the honest answer here.
Is it really that much harder to get laid than it used to be when your hair was in better shape? How often would you say most of you pick up?
I just want to know now because I want to know what my future holds.

For me, yes it's "that" much harder - like next to impossible. But, I also have "other" appearance issues that are a factor such as scars on my face and head from accidents and a crooked/deformed nose and nasal cavity.

Still, IMO, guys who disagree that it's harder to get laid are either not a NW5+ yet, or they are just being overly "optimistic" and are still in denial about going bald. They, themselves, are like NW1's and NW2's and they always have stories about a "friend" who is a "NW6" that ALWAYS scores with the ladies. But, I think those stories are made-up BS, or exaggerations. :jackit:

Just like some of the other stories that are posted here.

cuebald

Reaction score
If you had the choice between a fat unattractive girl, or a slim attractive one for the night, which one would you choose?
Similarly, if a girl had the choice between an NW6 and an NW1 for the night, which do you think they would choose?

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
cuebald said:
If you had the choice between a fat unattractive girl, or a slim attractive one for the night, which one would you choose?
Similarly, if a girl had the choice between an NW6 and an NW1 for the night, which do you think they would choose?

I don't know that its that simple.
There are plenty of young NW7's that look fine. Some people suit a shaved head, and look better than lots of NW1's.
But, I get what you're saying.

ali777

Reaction score
dudemon said:
cuebald said:

Not to pick on you here, cuebald, but if hairloss wasn't an issue (like so many on here claim that it doesn't matter to women), then why is a woman going to choose a NW1 over a NW6, everything else being equal I assume?

Because it does matter that's why.

I have said this in another thread. I somehow don't think women would go for the juvenile hairline. IMO, women would subconsciously choose a guy that looks slightly more mature than that.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
cuebald said:

that comparison isn't quite right.
if a girl had a choice between a bald Brad Pitt or Dick Cheney with a full head of hair, there's no contest.

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Quantum Cat said:
cuebald said:

that comparison isn't quite right.
if a girl had a choice between a bald Brad Pitt or Dick Cheney with a full head of hair, there's no contest.

Thats exactly what I meant.
Or, between Bruce Willis and Seth Rogen.

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ali777 said:
dudemon said:
cuebald said:

Not to pick on you here, cuebald, but if hairloss wasn't an issue (like so many on here claim that it doesn't matter to women), then why is a woman going to choose a NW1 over a NW6, everything else being equal I assume?

Because it does matter that's why.

I have said this in another thread. I somehow don't think women would go for the juvenile hairline. IMO, women would subconsciously choose a guy that looks slightly more mature than that.

I don't think women care about the difference between a juvenile/mature hairline. I'd be very surprised if they even noticed.

barcafan

Reaction score
yeah wtf? I dont think a chicks gonna go : omg his hairline is so low he must have a small penis. comon.

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
barcafan said:
yeah wtf? I dont think a chicks gonna go : omg his hairline is so low he must have a small penis. comon.

I didn't know the difference until last november. I didn't even know my hairline had changed at all until last november. I never spiked my hair up or anything, but it happened so slowly that I didn't realize that the hairline I had at 18 wasn't the same as the one I had at 23.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I guess it all depends on what else you are working with. I won't say all bald guys are the same. I see fat bald guys who have given up and let themselves go and I see otherwise handsome guys with good physiques that you can tell going bald made them try harder. The latter obviously has better chances with the ladies, but we still are a step below the good looking guys with all their hair.

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
I guess it all depends on what else you are working with. I won't say all bald guys are the same. I see fat bald guys who have given up and let themselves go and I see otherwise handsome guys with good physiques that you can tell going bald made them try harder. The latter obviously has better chances with the ladies, but we still are a step below the good looking guys with all their hair.

Not trying to pick a fight here at all, but if you search craigslist, you will find a good amount of women that are into the shaved look. Hopefully that doesn't go out of style anytime soon...

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
ClayShaw said:
uncomfortable man said:

Not trying to pick a fight here at all, but if you search craigslist, you will find a good amount of women that are into the shaved look. Hopefully that doesn't go out of style anytime soon...
They mean nw1s who shave, not nw5s. :shakehead: