To all you ex-smokers out there...

the frog

Reaction score
How much do you think smoking had to do with your hair loss.
Thanks for your answers!
frog.

G

Nothing what so ever. What is killing my hair is hormones in my body mainly DHT are binding to the androgen receptors in the hair follicles and causing an auto immune response to atrophy the hair follicles most sensetive.

There would have to be a link in the over production of the alpha 5A reductase and chemicals found in ciggerettes or something.

What's funny is that all Big Tobacco executives are bald like cue balls.

WithTheLidOff

Established Member
Reaction score
** this post has no scientific backing ** I've never quit smoking, so I can't say for sure and can only go by observation. Recent events in my life over the past year have caused me to smoke more, i was about 6 a day and now I'm 12. Oddly enough, my hair hasn't looked this good in 6 years (obviously because i started doing somethign about the loss. not because i started smoking more.) How many smokers do you know with thick *** heads of hair?? If youre genetically programmed to go bald, I doubt quitting smoking will save you. It might be an all around good idea to quit though.

chewbaca

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have been smoking since pre male pattern baldness days and i dont see why it caused hair loss for me....

Bu ti do strongly suspect that smoking may keep the body cells to continuousl repair, refurnish and replenish due to its effects in the body. Keep it moderate if u are concerned abt health.

I have read that weed or marijuana smokers reporting stoppage of hair loss after picking up the habits.