To all the hairloss noobs out there

Dikek

Established Member
Reaction score
TREAT YOUR HAIRLOSS NOW!

This is what fearmonger did to me when my hairloss was at the beginning and trusted some people on an hairloss forum 6-7 years ago (not this one) who told me to go "natural" while waiting for 4-5 years for new treatment and never use fina

oct15.jpgcomptop.jpg

The first one is me now, the second one was me in gen-feb 15 and me when i started thinning and asked to some fearmonger some help

this summer i started using fina, i almost thought i would freackig die from it, went to a Doctor and got a prescription, 3 month in 0.5mg made by a top tier pharmacy (not the online scam and sketchy one) and cost me only 15 euro for 2 month using only half of normal dose, nothing really happened, no loss of libido, no problem with mood memory or sperm, nothing at all and i don't even know if i'm a responder, no minoxidil for now i'm just using other topical

DO NOT WASTE TIME, look at my density, collapsed in the last 2 years, read publications, ask to your Doctor about people who complain about sides and SURPRICE are the same or even less then the "2-3%" which you can read everywhere, start slow, like i did 0.2 for a couple of week then use 0.5 or 1mg DO NOT FEAR THE SIDES, do not wait for years before act like i did, take photos before and after and fight this war ffs

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Fearmongers don't realise/understand the damage they can cause to other people's lives. Everybody should at least try finasteride, and providing no side effects, stick with it.

Gotta be honest though, listening to them, going the all natural route, waiting for a new treatment... All very stupid decisions, you should have done more research and made an informed decision rather than just listening to idiots.

Dikek

Established Member
Reaction score
Ofc, i was young and naive, and i had no really visible hairloss (just a minor low density on vertex when my head was wet and perfect hairline) till a couple of years ago, then a neverending effluvium took place with a classic pattern and thinning all over my top, the only right thing i did was a take some early pics to compare

I can still style my hair but i am almost to the treshhold of shave, my only hope is to gain half norwood back so i can keep my hairs for 3-4 years more

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well it's entirely possible you'll regain a norwood and density. You're not bald. Thin, but not bald. As the saying goes, wherever there's still hair, you can thicken it up.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah OP. Did you get gyno specifically from finasteride or from another medication? Also, if you get gyno surgery (excuse my ignorance, but would this be somewhat similar to a mastecomy?) then wouldn't that prevent all future breast development? In which case, wouldn't gynecomastia now no longer be an issue? Women who have breast removal don't regrow breasts, so if a man had the same procedure, couldn't he take finasteride without worrying about further breast development?

I'm probably wrong here, I guess gyne surgery must be a bit different.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
3 weeks seems extremely fast for breast development. I might expect that from spironolacetone, but from finasteride? Well you know better than me. I didn't know it can grow back. I assume the male procedure is different from a mastecomy then, in which case, why not just get a mastecomy and then take finasteride? Seems like it would be a workable, if extreme solution...

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Show me a scientific paper/study where any natural substance upregulates CD34, CD200 cells, downregulates PGD2, upregulates PGE2 and inhibits DHT and DKK1.... then we might have a conversation.

Since there is absolutely NOTHING known that helps remedy these factors in baldness means that 'natural solutions' are 100% a lie. You could argue about Saw Palmetto against DHT but it's a very weak inhibitor. The only thing that's going to solve hair loss is SCIENCE.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok fair enough, I really know nothing about the subject, I was just curious. I'm aware that surgeons would balk at the idea of a male masectomy. It could work in theory though

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can agree with that. I'd rather take the entire donor zone and have a mohawk and shiny sides than have a horseshoe and shiny top. Surgeons and doctors are quite a conservative lot. They're afraid of doing harm via their practice, but they don't consider the harm caused my simply doing nothing.

username425

Reaction score
I wish I saw this before the diffuse kicked in. The earlier we scratch the natural regimes the better chance we have at pushing forward research on what actually works.

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dikek, thank you for this thread. I do absolutely agree that the Finasteride scaremongering does an unbelievable amount of damage. It's always best to stick with whatever is working for you, and if you're not experiencing any negative side effects, stay on the treatment. Side effects do occur in a small percentage of men who take Finasteride and the vast majority will respond well to the medication.

3 weeks seems extremely fast for breast development.

It's quite possible for breast development to start in such a short time span. Some individuals are quite sensitive to any bodily changes, some are not. I take 0.5 mg of Dutasteride every day and I haven't had the slightest side effect of anything. It really is interesting how different everyone will respond to any sort of treatment.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
I love the big header on the front page of this very site's store.

"Losing your hair is a choice". Hahahaha. With a smiling NW0 too. Perfect.