To All Diffuse Thinners With Scalp Pain/itchiness

silentpain89

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,
I wanted to ask, if anyone with diffuse thinning and scalp pain/Itchiness had any Success in stopping this weird feeling of balding...I quit finasterid due to Sides, and even on finasteride my itchiness and scalp pain were anything but bearable..Its really affecting my life, and i would rather wake up tomorrow bald, and not having to endure this 24/7 persistent scalp Pain...
Any suggestion would be really really aprecciated :)...

Soundgarden24

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve had some success with a topical steroid called betamethasone but it’s not meant for long term use, and to be fair started to lose its effectiveness after 6 weeks or so.

Antihistamines helped in the beginning also.

I’m currently one month into propecia. Hasn’t done anything to relieve the itch so far ‍♂️ I wouldn’t know where to go after finasteride so I’m hoping I feel an improvement soon

manda

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm now 3 months into finasteride and nizoral and it more or less killed my itch. Pre finasteride the itch was driving me crazy. Now my scalp itches here and there sometimes but isn't comparable to how it was itching before treatments.

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
May want to take occasional cetirizine tablets. That's calms things down for me. Also stay away from fried food.

Soundgarden24

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm now 3 months into finasteride and nizoral and it more or less killed my itch. Pre finasteride the itch was driving me crazy. Now my scalp itches here and there sometimes but isn't comparable to how it was itching before treatments.

How long did it take to more or less kill the itch? Also do you shed hair or did Fina stop that? If so, how long before you stopped shedding?

Sorry for all the questions! Just curious.

Tommybommy1363

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s been really down with propecia, rogaine and then but I still get some itching and soreness like a few times a day... I also shed like a beast, like atleast 300 hairs per day. Despite shedding my hair looks darker and thicker than before with new baby hairs at hair line (that I really hope go terminal)

What sides did you get? I sometimes think I have mild brain fog but it is still better compared to the horrible scalp sensations... sometimes I couldn’t even sleep from them

manda

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How long did it take to more or less kill the itch? Also do you shed hair or did Fina stop that? If so, how long before you stopped shedding?

Sorry for all the questions! Just curious.

I experienced the significant decrease in shedding after like 2 months. My scalp itch decreased after like 1 month and was more or less gone after 2 months.