Tired of trying to figure out what's going on. Maybe you guys have some idea.

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been losing hair for a while now. Noticed when I was 21. Hoped on finasteride. Worked amazing for the first 3 years. Started losing it all over again. Traded the finasteride for dutasteride. Added Min. Changed it to oral Min. Added RU. Added even more: BioEstro, LLLT, Alfatradiol, Topical finasteride. Supplements. Botox Injections. Theres nothing I haven't tried. I'm still losing tho. Im shedding at a crazy rate-- to the point where it feels like this has to be telegium effluvium. Looking for any and all guessing, hints, etc.

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
You’re doing everything you can tbh. I don’t think you’re doing anything wrong either. It could be an extended shed from all these new treatments. And you can test this by sticking with an unchanged regimen for 6 months. If you’re still shedding then it may be continued balding. Which means you’re too sensitive to androgens, proven by the fact that you lost ground on the finasteride after a few years. Maybe up your RU dose? Or look into ARV, an AR degrader. Anyways, first step is checking if this is just due to a changing regimen and stick with it for 6 months. If that doesn’t resolve the issue, you need to up the RU

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I already bought some ARV lol.
You’re doing everything you can tbh. I don’t think you’re doing anything wrong either. It could be an extended shed from all these new treatments. And you can test this by sticking with an unchanged regimen for 6 months. If you’re still shedding then it may be continued balding. Which means you’re too sensitive to androgens, proven by the fact that you lost ground on the finasteride after a few years. Maybe up your RU dose? Or look into ARV, an AR degrader. Anyways, first step is checking if this is just due to a changing regimen and stick with it for 6 months. If that doesn’t resolve the issue, you need to up the RU

GRme11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been losing hair for a while now. Noticed when I was 21. Hoped on finasteride. Worked amazing for the first 3 years. Started losing it all over again. Traded the finasteride for dutasteride. Added Min. Changed it to oral Min. Added RU. Added even more: BioEstro, LLLT, Alfatradiol, Topical finasteride. Supplements. Botox Injections. Theres nothing I haven't tried. I'm still losing tho. Im shedding at a crazy rate-- to the point where it feels like this has to be telegium effluvium. Looking for any and all guessing, hints, etc.
Wow! This must be so upsetting. I would have gone completely crazy if I was doing all these, and nothing was helping me to get back results. Maybe you should do some blood tests to check things a bit? Just a suggestion, unless you have, of course, did.

Last edited:

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow! This must be so upsetting. I would have gone completely crazy if I was doing all these, and nothing was helping me to get back results. Maybe you should do some blood tests to check things a bit? Just a suggestion, unless you have, of course, did.
Ive done some. I'm sure there's more testing I could do. My DHT is as low as it can get (like little girl levels). My test is around 450. So pretty low, but not awful. I have to test estrogen/SHBG. What else could I test?

GRme11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ive done some. I'm sure there's more testing I could do. My DHT is as low as it can get (like little girl levels). My test is around 450. So pretty low, but not awful. I have to test estrogen/SHBG. What else could I test?
Yes, test your estrogen and SHGB. Then, you could test your thyroid and any vitamins for deficiency. You can check your Free Testo as well. There are many hormones to check. Unfortunately, they are pricey. I had to spend a LOT of money to check many things. Gosh, reading again what you are trying and not getting back results destroys me. Do you at least maintain somehow, despite the shed, or it's progressing? (It could be a telogen effluvium like you said as well)

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, test your estrogen and SHGB. Then, you could test your thyroid and any vitamins for deficiency. You can check your Free Testo as well. There are many hormones to check. Unfortunately, they are pricey. I had to spend a LOT of money to check many things. Gosh, reading again what you are trying and not getting back results destroys me. Do you at least maintain somehow, despite the shed, or it's progressing?
I deff have some sort of maintenance. My dad was cue bald at my age, and my moms dad was bald. But I feel it’s slowly progressing. I have diffuse thinning. I’m still thick enough where I can pretty much get by with no toppik and look like I have a full head of hair. But the hairfall is brutal bro

GRme11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I deff have some sort of maintenance. My dad was cue bald at my age, and my moms dad was bald. But I feel it’s slowly progressing. I have diffuse thinning. I’m still thick enough where I can pretty much get by with no toppik and look like I have a full head of hair. But the hairfall is brutal bro
That's a bit of relieving, honestly. Fortunately, you still have your thickness, that's good. How long are you been on your treatments? Could you please describe the quality of your hair that you are losing? Despite the shedding, what you need to fear the most is the recession and the miniaturization. I mean, of course, shedding is scary, but the others are way more destructive, by any means.

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's a bit of relieving, honestly. Fortunately, you still have your thickness, that's good. How long are you been on your treatments? Could you please describe the quality of your hair that you are losing? Despite the shedding, what you need to fear the most is the recession and the miniaturization. I mean, of course, shedding is scary, but the others are way more destructive, by any means.
The hairs are almost all about 4-5 cm. Some small ones. Nothing feels like it’s growing longer than that. been on dutasteride+oral min about a year now. But had been on finasteride+topical min for about 4/5 years prior.

GRme11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The hairs are almost all about 4-5 cm. Some small ones. Nothing feels like it’s growing longer than that. been on dutasteride+oral min about a year now. But had been on finasteride+topical min for about 4/5 years prior.
Do they feel thinner and discolored at the root? Also, do they come with white bulbs, even tiny ones?

Jacoby77

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you think a good plan B for people who don't respond or get sides to finasteride is topical dutasteride, or topical finasteride? Not much other options, and RU is experimental more so.

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you think a good plan B for people who don't respond or get sides to finasteride is topical dutasteride, or topical finasteride? Not much other options, and RU is experimental more so.
Yeah I do. I have a theory that based on your drug metabolism and your system vs follicular dht, that topical 5a blockers like finasteride and dutasteride can actually be more effective. For example, maybe you’re reducing scalp dht adequately with oral finasteride but topical finasteride will target scalp dht better and may be a better option for someone with more sensitivity rather than just a high dht (even if it means a less consistent application). I don’t think it’s likely, that’s why I suggest RU and oral finasteride. But if you don’t want to jump on RU, then topical finasteride and oral finasteride combined could actually help.

Jacoby77

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I do. I have a theory that based on your drug metabolism and your system vs follicular dht, that topical 5a blockers like finasteride and dutasteride can actually be more effective. For example, maybe you’re reducing scalp dht adequately with oral finasteride but topical finasteride will target scalp dht better and may be a better option for someone with more sensitivity rather than just a high dht (even if it means a less consistent application). I don’t think it’s likely, that’s why I suggest RU and oral finasteride. But if you don’t want to jump on RU, then topical finasteride and oral finasteride combined could actually help.
Just thinking of if one gets gynecomastia, would topical finasteride or topical dutasteride be the better option.

As people say topical finasteride does likely build up eventually causing the same side effects anyway, but topical dutasteride doesn't go systemic to the point it will cause heavy sides. Obviously it's experimental, but just trying to work out options and maybe others can learn from it.

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just thinking of if one gets gynecomastia, would topical finasteride or topical dutasteride be the better option.

As people say topical finasteride does likely build up eventually causing the same side effects anyway, but topical dutasteride doesn't go systemic to the point it will cause heavy sides. Obviously it's experimental, but just trying to work out options and maybe others can learn from it.
I think topicals would work better with less sides, finasteride or dutasteride. But based on anecdotal evidence dutasteride’s larger molecular size makes it better for people who want to reduce sides

Jacoby77

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think topicals would work better with less sides, finasteride or dutasteride. But based on anecdotal evidence dutasteride’s larger molecular size makes it better for people who want to reduce sides
Money is literally a deciding factor depending on one's sides bro..damn.

If you get gynecomastia, early stages, you could literally just get surgery and continue finasteride because if it happens early, that isn't enough time to tell if finasteride will work so only way to stick it out is getting rid of gynecomastia (to avoid judgement, and risk of cancer) and continuing.

If only I could afford Gynecomastia surgery beforehand, I'd be literally set, just get gyno surgery if it develops early, and if finasteride is working well but I get gynecomastia later on.. Just get surgery.

Unless it's easier to just take a SARMS / AI before it develops then try dutasteride or RU-58841 + minoxidil.

GRme11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Some have bulbs. Some don’t. What is the bulb significance? And the root seems just as healthy
Good that the root seems healthy. As long as I read, the white bulb indicates that the hair was in the telogen phase. So, the hair needs to be shed for the new hair growth cycle to occur. I assume that if you had Telogen Effluvium, many of your hair would have the white bulb and not some of them, but I can't go any further because is still complicated.