Tips for microneedling + Minodixil use

fenom

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am a norwood 2 and right now I have recession only on my temples. I want to restore some hair on my temples and I am thinking to start minoxidil and microneedling. My question is should i roll only on the recessed area, or i still need to do all my hair? Also a guide on how to use it in the most safe way would be appreciated.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just the areas where you are balding, not your whole head. There are two methods most people seem to use, either using a pen at 0.75mm(follica method) or lightly rolling with a roller before applying minoxidil. I personally believe rolling at night before applying minoxidil is a better method, chen a user here does that and he has amazing results, i think he uses a 1.5mm roller using light/moderate pressure. Up to you really.

fenom

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just the areas where you are balding, not your whole head. There are two methods most people seem to use, either using a pen at 0.75mm(follica method) or lightly rolling with a roller before applying minoxidil. I personally believe rolling at night before applying minoxidil is a better method, chen a user here does that and he has amazing results, i think he uses a 1.5mm roller using light/moderate pressure. Up to you really.
any suggestion on which dermaroller to use and is there a good video guide showing the safest way? Also do you apply minoxidil right after dermaroller while your head is supposed to be wounded?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
ZGTS dermarollers are the best ones you can get imo, not really that expensive either, just spray some alcohol on it after using but tbh even if you didn't do that there is little chance of getting an infection or anything, you should do it anyway though. Chen was applying right after rolling, i believe doing that is the best method but more chance of sides. You really don't need to watch a video, it is pretty simple, roll on the area with light/moderate pressure for a few minutes then apply minoxidil, do it at night, any slight redness from rolling should be gone by the morning.

Last edited:

mrdavies

Established Member
Reaction score
Do people still apply minoxidil after they've micro needled? or do they leave it until the next day or later?

thanks.

jazz1

Reaction score
ZGTS dermarollers are the best ones you can get imo, not really that expensive either, just spray some alcohol on it after using but tbh even if you didn't do that there is little chance of getting an infection or anything, you should do it anyway though. Chen was applying right after rolling, i believe doing that is the best method but more chance of sides. You really don't need to watch a video, it is pretty simple, roll on the area with light/moderate pressure for a few minutes then apply minoxidil, do it at night, any slight redness from rolling should be gone by the morning.
I agree I have tried many and these are the last ones I am using, they don’t pull your hair and I have bought some expensive ones that were worse.

Attachments

• 36F2DEE0-159D-4C10-8386-F6CA8C99E6DB.jpeg
    36F2DEE0-159D-4C10-8386-F6CA8C99E6DB.jpeg
    145.1 KB · Views: 49