Tips For Dealing With First Outings With System.

Thesmeesh

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone had any tips, or advice on how to deal with wearing your system initially?

It's a bit of a dumb question, but I'm getting my first one in a week or so, and I have a wedding to attend not long after that, i.e. no hats allowed.

I'm somewhat excited about getting a system, but also feel like i will be an obsessive worrier when I initially get it, and especially at an event like a wedding.

How long did it take most to get comfortable with wearing one day-to-day?

Cheers :)

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You'll find the hair hard to manage and "puffy" for 2 or 3 weeks when you initially get it. I would recommend a month or so before venturing into places where people know you well.

Try to make sure the density and colour is good for you. And of course the hair cut / style.

To get the hair to flatten quicker, shower it 3 or 4 times over the first 2 weeks. Wear a cap while it's damp (thanks @Noah for that tip). Use a heavy leave-in conditioner. And for the wedding day itself, consider using a gel that will help you manage/flatten/style the hair.

Also, I find that a 'perfect' or very neat hairstyle comes across as more unrealistic. Mess the hair up a bit with your fingers. Try to partially cover the hairline, so that eyes aren't drawn to it and to take your mind off it.

Don't be surprised if you hate the hair when you first it. Not many people love it at first. It's a big shock to see so much hair on your head and it takes time for your to acclimatise.

And post pics here!

BJM

My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree with what's been posted above. I've also come to realise that other people won't be interested or bothered in the way we might think they will be regarding the system. Most people I met for the first time afterwards never noticed!