Times Up - Act Now Or I Am In Trouble

BraveTommy35

My Regimen
Reaction score
Been losing my hair gradually for 10 years.

Recently it has picked up.

36 years old. Tried finasteride 9 years ago and got bad sides.

What are my options to thicken this up?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181006-205115_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20181006-205115_Gallery.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 331

abcdefg

Reaction score
Hair transplant? Honestly its tough to say but without finasteride now acceptance or transplant is really all that is left. If your willing to gamble with your health and hair at any cost there are things like RU and experimentals.
Now is not a good time to be going bald. Even finasteride was amazing back when it came out, and as time goes on we find out more bad issues with it but the problem is nothing else can replace it.
id try finasteride at lower dose, or even a tiny dose if you need to but IDK what else there is to suggest. You dont wont change male pattern baldness with rogain.

Oscar66

Established Member
Reaction score
Do you have any other regimes? You know minoxidil, and SAW PAW, and BIOTIN, and nizoral, etc. etc. Try those and half a finasteride pill, or half a finasteride pill every other day. Get on finasteride and reduce it to the lowest dose possible and then monitor and then slowly increase.

BraveTommy35

My Regimen
Reaction score
I currently don't take anything. Maybe the occasional multi vitamin.

Shall I get on biotin? Will this thicken it up?

ljb118

Reaction score

Biotin, multivitamin, caffeine shampoo won't do anything for you. You're diffuse thinning and you need an antiandrogen like finasteride to maintain. How long were you previously on it for?

BraveTommy35

My Regimen
Reaction score
Natural light today.

Seems to be thin in centre of head???

Attachments

• 20181007_105056.jpg
    20181007_105056.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 237

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
It seems to be not very agressive. Try Setipiprant and minoxidil.

If you cannot take finasteride you are really out of options.

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score

A biotin deficiency can cause your hair to thin however most people get enough biotin in their normal diet anyway.
They say the "big 3" treatments are Finasteride, Minoxidil and Nizoral. Minoxidil and Nizoral can thicken your hair but only in the short term. As others have said finasteride is the only thing that fights the root cause of male pattern baldness. Aside from that you could look into getting a transplant.

BraveTommy35

My Regimen
Reaction score
@MyThinningConfidence - Hi dude. This is my current state of play.

I have sore spot right on top of my head and my hair is becoming very fine quite quickly. I am 36, but my worry is the recent speed of hairs becoming fine and this morning a fall of 80+ hairs.

Any view appreciated.

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@MyThinningConfidence - Hi dude. This is my current state of play.

I have sore spot right on top of my head and my hair is becoming very fine quite quickly. I am 36, but my worry is the recent speed of hairs becoming fine and this morning a fall of 80+ hairs.

Any view appreciated.
If you're not wanting to use finasteride or min you could try derma rolling plus scalp massages to help promote regrowth and some either zinc pyrithione or nizoral to help fight the inflammation on your scalp. If you're balding slow enough you might be able to regrow faster than you lose but you won't be able to stop the actual balding process without finasteride.