Time To Start Finasteride? 22 Year Old Balding

Ibii

Reaction score
Hi,

So I am 22 years old and I have already started developing bald patches. I am so worried and nervous on what to do.

I went to GP and it was so useless. I got a blood test done which was normal. But in terms of balding they didn’t offer any advice.

I am in UK and I don’t know who else to see. I ordered regaine (mondoxil) and have started using it since last week. But I am also tempted to use finasteride but I am very much worried about side effects from what I have read.

I shall be very much grateful for any advice. Please see the picture of my head attached and let me know how bad it is. I am so worried and tense right now. I have already low confidence and this makes it so worse :(

Attachments

• 06D327DA-095E-417F-9B35-CA781AE53353.jpeg
    06D327DA-095E-417F-9B35-CA781AE53353.jpeg
    148.3 KB · Views: 359

Hairs45

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
thats bad hair loss

you have been here since 2015. you should have been on finasteride and minoxidil since then

but it might not be to late and you can get regrowth with those medications right now

Ibii

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply.

True, unfortunately my family has never taken my hair loss seriously for the past 5 years. They brush it off. Even my GP does not seem to care.

All my knowledge of hairloss comes from online, particularly from this website. I want to start finasteride but it has many side effects from what I have read? Also its a long treatment and is quite expensive (£15/month in UK). I have ordered and started applying regaine (minoxidl) which is more convenient and affordable.

Overall I am very worried and concerned about my hair. Don't know what really to do. :(

vinnyg0414

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you have health insurance? A derm can prescribe finasteride for you. It’s 5 bucks a month here.

If that doesn’t work, try out keeps for forhims.

Ibii

Reaction score
Unfortunately I don’t have health insurance. Finasteride is going to be so expensive

Ibii

Reaction score
I have started using Minoxidil for around 2 months now but it seems to make it worse. Please see the picture attached. I’m very worried now what to do. Shall I continue using Minoxidil?

I have also recently bought blackseed oil to see if it helps.

Attachments

• EF302935-BA5D-4476-899D-65595237749F.jpeg
    EF302935-BA5D-4476-899D-65595237749F.jpeg
    154.6 KB · Views: 146

justbeconfident

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
you are in bad spot tbh, but you have to keep using minoxidil and jump on finasteride, just buy cheap proscar pills and cut it into 5 pieces for 1mg and take it daily, and pray for the best

transam

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do
I have started using Minoxidil for around 2 months now but it seems to make it worse. Please see the picture attached. I’m very worried now what to do. Shall I continue using Minoxidil?

I have also recently bought blackseed oil to see if it helps.
do not stop the minoxidil.
Keep using it as directed