Time to change yet?

CD79

Reaction score
Dunno if i'm just going over old ground or looking for a little reassurance here but here goes.

Have been on finasteride for about about 11 months and Foam the last month and a half or so. Have just got over a nasty minoxidil shed, things are stabilising and i'm showing good signs of regrowth.

My dilemma is that my year's supply of finasteride is gonna run out this month and i'm seriously considering (generic) dutasteride.

I've heard the success and horror stories, weighed up the pros and cons and decided to go for it.

Basically should I wait another 6 months on finasteride first to make sure things have stabilised or risk another big shed and jump in now with both feet?

Any helpful comments gratefully accepted people.

Cheers

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you got any photos so we can see the state of play?

jc444

Established Member
Reaction score
CD79, if things are going well then I think it would be unwise to change your regime. Remember you don't have to buy a year supply of finasteride all at once, so just by a few months worth and re-evaluate your situation after this time. Sounds like you are in a good place at the moment (having ridden out the shed). Its likely your hair will continue to improve on your current regime.

"if it ain't broke, don't fix it"

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
Take the last guy's advice. Not only is it inadvisable to switch to a new treatment so soon after you started the minoxidil, but there's a very real possibility that you've not yet had the full benefit from the finasteride.