Thyroid awareness campaign for early onset/diffusers

Reaction score
Paradise Lost, So you kept you hair, just it thinned out?
If I could do that, it wouldn't be so bad, even for two more years.

It seems like everybody has adrenal insufficiency.
It is supposed to be a very rare affliction though.

"Primary adrenocortical insufficiency is an uncommon disorder with an incidence in Western populations near 50 cases per 1,000,000 persons." -e-medicine

I think most of us here tend to be more neurotic, and therefore have the social anxiety, depression, low motivation, OBC and so foth. Most people are not so concerned about baldness that they spend their time on a forum devoted to androgenetic alopecia.

DeezNuts

Reaction score
I exhibit many of the "Low Thyroid" conditions that were listed on that website(warm hands, oily, very diffuse thinning, fatigue, etc). I am very interested in looking into this, mostly for the hair loss part, I can live with most of the rest(treatments haven't worked for me for the better part of 8 years).

What doctor(or type) would you recommend for someone in the Los Angeles area? I looked at the list, but some are OB/GYN, some are opthamologists, etc. Should I strictly go to an endocrinologist? What should I ask for when I get there? What should I look for in the tests? What treatments are advisable? Please advise. Thanks in advance.

DN

G

Nate the balding loser, Yes. Though I have been suffering all the symptopms since like sixteen and it seems to be getting worse espeacially lately. I am starting to realize that the way I look and feel is not normal.

I may have male pattern baldness but this would explain why the 1/3 of proscar I've been taking hasn't worked for me yet (10 months). Why I started diffusing at 16 and my genes say mid 20's or later like the rest of my family.

Adrenal insufficiancy maybe rare, but not for people like me who have done everything poosible to exhaust this tiny little gland like heavy drug use, extreme stress since I was like 3-4 getting worse every year, and horrible nutrition as a teenager.

If this isn't my problem I will have to start confronting the inevitable.... death. I can't live like this much longer.

itchy080

Established Member
Reaction score
i have no hair on my body can barely grow facial hair and have diffuse thinning, i feel like to be losing my air already i should at least have facial hair

mattam

Reaction score
Check out this website from American Thyroid Association

http://www.thyroid.org/professionals/pu ... lsons.html

Apparently there's no strong scientific basis for this Wilson's syndrome. Don't get me wrong, but it seems like a lot of the posters here have symtoms uncommon to normal male pattern baldness sufferer, and it could very well be related to hyperthyroidism or Hypothyroidism, but probably not Wilson's Syndrome.

Best solution is go check with Doctor on ur thyroid....

G

My theory is that this thyroid thing is a mental and physical disorder like depression and anxiety, the two are corralated in some way.

Whats rare is having both symptoms of adrenal and thyroid insufficiancy at the same time which is what is supposably "Wilson's Disease". I see this as IMPOSSIBLE because the two disorders are opposite of each other.

Adrenal Insufficiancy is what some of us early onset diffusers MAY have, not this "wilson's disease". In fact thyroid insufficiancies or hyperactive thyroids happen to millions of people. My mother and my step mother both take medication for their thyroids, these are just people I know well enough for me to know that.