Thyroid awareness campaign for early onset/diffusers

Gilgamesh

Established Member
Reaction score
This is a MAJOR MAJOR problem that is never regarded. Deficient states of cellular metabolic function have become an epidemic that is engulfing Western nations in various manifested pathologies ( and by some estimates undiagnosed in ~90% of cases. )

I am under the conviction that the vast majority of early diffusers have either (a) thyroid or (b) adrenal insufficiency (most likely both).

Even if you've been tested for it and came out normal this means very little. Metabolic health can only be seen on a cellular level and 'blood testing' is not representative whatsoever in many cases (google Wilson's Syndrome). In addition, many of you may have Hashimoto's (an autoimmune thyroid disorder that makes clinical diagnosis nearly impossible). If you have 'scalp pain' take even more heed of this message.

The easiest thing you can to test yourself is to take your temperature (sounds simple doesn't it). However your endocrine system is your internal thermo-regulator and a state of low metabolic energy is almost always presented with a sub 98 degree temperature.

I would highly suggest devouring everything on this website
http://www.drrind.com/scorecardmatrix.asp (as well as other materials on Rind's site)

Feel free to ask questions and do NOT ignore this thread.

dovey

Reaction score
I just found out I have an overactive thyroid. I'm 23 and my hair is thinning all over. I've also lost alot of my eyebrows, lost 30 pounds, and upper body strength. My family has no history of hair loss yet mine seems to be falling out. My family does have a history of thyroid problems on my mother's side. I'm going to see and endocranologist in three weeks. I pray to god this is the cause of my hair loss.

hairschmair

Established Member
Reaction score
Some very interesting stuff in there...

Not to hijack your thread, but does anyone know where you can get complete blood testing done in London? I gather you can't do it with the NHS unless you have a specific reason, and I'm just interested in getting health readings on pretty much everything, for my own benefit.

Cheers

Gilgamesh

Established Member
Reaction score
Dovey - you have Grave's disease I suppose? I have little doubt the thyroid is the cause of your hair loss and you have nothing but sunshine in your future. Chin up, this is VERY treatable. Everything will be much better soon so long as you see a compotent endo. Check out this link to find the best endocrinologist in your area (don't be content with any old doctor).

http://www.thyroid-info.com/topdrs/

Gilgamesh

Established Member
Reaction score
fight = this is the cause of diffuse hairloss

it's a damn shame male pattern baldness propaganda convinces everyone that if you're balding it's because of DHT. not the case. nope nope nope.

all these poor diffuse kids taking propecia for no good reason

wangho75

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Gilgamesh said:

it's a damn shame male pattern baldness propaganda convinces everyone that if you're balding it's because of DHT. not the case. nope nope nope.

so now I need a prescription for T3?? Im alittle confused as this is new to me and the website was kind of hard to navigate. Hmm.. I was losing hair at 20 and I do get bloated really easily and my energy is down. hmm.. from looking at that chart I looked like a 'mix'

dovey

Reaction score
wangho75 said:
Gilgamesh said:

so now I need a prescription for T3?? Im alittle confused as this is new to me and the website was kind of hard to navigate. Hmm.. I was losing hair at 20 and I do get bloated really easily and my energy is down. hmm.. from looking at that chart I looked like a 'mix'

That website isn't the greatest. I've read alot on this subject and I still don't understand it all. I know my problem is currently I have to much of this T3 stuff. From what I"ve gathered is you need a balance within a certain range. If you're thyroid is underactive or overactive it causes hair loss along with a range of other problems.

Gilgamesh

Established Member
Reaction score
hrmm, T3 should only be used in some specific cases:

for me T3 made me worse, whereas T4 (Synthroid) seems to have turned it around (only been on it for a week, but scalp pain has dissappeared, scalp is no longer tight, loosened up and feels flexible, OCD magically lifted)

but don't go self administering yourself T4 either: I'd suggest finding a doctor from this list

best thing to do if you have insurance -> go to see a doctor from this list (possibly 2)

if you don't have insurance let me know

wangho75

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Gilgamesh said:
hrmm, T3 should only be used in some specific cases:

for me T3 made me worse, whereas T4 (Synthroid) seems to have turned it around (only been on it for a week, but scalp pain has dissappeared, scalp is no longer tight, loosened up and feels flexible, OCD magically lifted)

but don't go self administering yourself T4 either: I'd suggest finding a doctor from this list

best thing to do if you have insurance -> go to see a doctor from this list (possibly 2)

if you don't have insurance let me know

i have no insurance :(

exactly aht kind of medication is this? I understand it to be a herbal remedy? What kind of herbs? I'd like to avoid meeting with a doctor and going through the hassle if possible

Gilgamesh

Established Member
Reaction score
wangoho: is your hairloss diffuse? (btw, synthroid is not herbal, it's basically synthetic thyroid hormone).

some people actually do bald very young due to androgenetic reasons: hopefully you're not one of them: if you are, finasteride seems to ALWAYS work

nonetheless, private message me so I can invesitage

dw99

Reaction score
hey gilgamesh, i forgot to ask you something when i talked to you the other night and this post reminded me:

what makes you think that scalp pain is caused by a thyroid problem? i've never found anything anywhere that says they might be possibly linked. thanks again for all your help and info.

wangho75

Experienced Member
Reaction score
KEVING said:
So if i go to the doctor if i ask for a test, will that do??

Thanks

got an update on this Gilgamesh??

damnthis

Established Member
Reaction score
this is a very interesting thread,
I am a diffuse thinner myself on top of the head, wider in the front (behind the hairline) and more narrow in the back. Do any of you experience this kind of hairloss, that's the pattern I see emerging on myself (http://www.internationalhairsalon.com/n ... 2/gal2.htm)
does this require other treatments, does it have other causes then the more normal receeding&bald spot in the back?
Are there more guys here that experience thinning in these places on the head?

I sleep like 10 hours a day (that could also be from smoking marihuana) if I sleep less I feel very tired
I have an allergy That I developped at around 16 years of age, it's known as cholinergic urticaria (it's an allergy for sweat, heat and sudden emotional changes).

Cholinergic urticaria (also known as "sweating hives") commonly affects young adults. They get an itchy, blotchy rash when they sweat. Sweating can be triggered by exercise, sexual activity, stress, hot bathes, saunas and alcoholic beverages, all of which may act as co-factors before, during and after sexual activity as well as exercise! Symptoms usually develop during or just after stopping exercise and can often be prevented by taking an antihistamine an hour or two before the onset of sweating.

I have a lot of social anxiety (also had this before smoking) and I am worrying all the time, feeling mildly depressed a lot of the time...

I have been on finasteride now for 4 months and it has greatly reduced my shedding.

Do my symptons match any of the disorders mentioned in this thread:

when i check this website : http://www.drrind.com/scorecardmatrix.asp

I would definitely put myself in the adrenal group: because I exhibit the following symptons, what has to be my plan of action, doctor?,medication?, what can you suggest me? and most important could this be the cause of me balding diffusely?

symptons:
Thin, can't gain weight

eyebrows are full

hair:Thin and wispy. May become straw-like or straighter. Dry. Falls out easily.

Nails: Thin, brittle

Immune Function: Tendency to over-react results in allergies, sensitivities, autoimmune problems (see above)

Intuitive. Picks up other peoples feelings (e.g. at malls, parties). (hence the social anxiety)

Personality Tendency: Serious

Anxiety, panic attacks, worry, fear, insecurity, feelings of impending doom (any combination). +++

Obsessive Compulsive ++

Mental Abilities Poor focus, clarity, concentration, short-term memory. 'Brain fog'

Energy Pattern Complains of fatigue or exhaustion, "wired and tired", can't persevere, low motivation

Standing still is difficult or causes discomfort. Walking is easier. +

Orthostatic Hypotension (light-headed when getting up to stand from laying or sometimes, even sitting) (this was more the case when I was younger)

I have low bloodpressure

Bowel Function Tendency to be irritable, or hyperactive, transit time may be too fast (food exits stomach too fast causing poor [enzymatic] digestion) (mostly I have to take a dump within an hour after eating)

Lopfraze

Established Member
Reaction score
damnthis said:
I would definitely put myself in the adrenal group: because I exhibit the following symptons, what has to be my plan of action, doctor?,medication?, what can you suggest me? and most important could this be the cause of me balding diffusely?

I have a lot of your symptoms, & i'm also a diffuse thinner. I'm a little curious about this myself.

Reaction score
damnthis,

I match your profile completely. I am loosing my hair in the same fashion as you, and I fit most of the adreanal category. Social anxiety i have, which is magnified 10x after I smoke.

I'm thinking I have male pattern baldness though, just because the back and sides of my head are uneffected. Wouldn't the whole head have to be affected to be related to the thyroid?

I'm only 20. Are you a similar age?

G

Damn this, you are like my lost twin brother. I share everything in common with you excepth the sweating disease thing though I get those same hive things that statred at 16. My doctor said it was from smoking weed but I smoked shitloads of weed after this day. I think its a mis diagnosis.

If this adrenal insufficiancy has been my problem for the last 5-7 years than I will be the happiest ma f****r alive. I know something has been wrong with me but I never knew what. I always had to asume that the way my body/ mind feels and reacts was normal.

Nate the balding loser, Not necessarily. I am 22 and I was where you are at 20.