Throw away your FDA products and go natural

terriblebmx

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am 27 now as of June. Since I was 19 I've noticed my hair was getting thinner
and it was so obvious because of the long hair I had at the time. It must of been around 19 when I finally went short
and things looked good until the years went by and my hairline started to recede and hairs got thinner.
During these years I have tried several brands of minoxidil, minoxidil with azelaic acid, spectral dnc, revita, 400 dollar laser comb
(which I didn't put much use into because let's face it... I'm lazy once home :turned:) generic finestaride, generic dutastaride
and God only knows what else I took in me and applied to my scalp.

I was probably better off giving that money away to charity.
Buying 45 dollar bottles of spectral was really taking a toll on my wallet
especially when I was just working part time at a bra and panty store...
And not to mention... I didn't notice any improvement from any of the above I mentioned.

I researched far and wide and always read about saw palmetto this and that and different herbs that help.
I had my suspicions but was losing hope so I decided to just try it and that's what I did.
This was about last year, I got into herbs and my first batch was probably a bottle of saw palmetto, green tea extract
and probably dong quai or nettle. I bought the cheaper brand with magnesium stearate capsules and whatever binding garbage
a lot of these manufacturers use. (be careful)

As I researched further and learned about the capsules and dove deep into herbalism I started to be more proactive on my herbal approach. As I changed to more bio friendly brands (non-gmo/organic), my regimen grew and so did my hair!
I couldn't be any more happier to now say I am beating my hair loss. My dad was always bald since I was born.
In fact I never even seen my own father with hair not even in older family photos so in short, I am destined to go bald
but not now because I refuse. I'm single, still looking and just need that head of hair...
Apart from herb, as I continued my research I also drove into the powers of Amino Acids and certain vitamins which are more recent in my regimen.

Get ready for my long regimen list which I recommend to all of you... (in no order of importance)

Saw Palmetto
Nettle Root
Nettle Leaf
Dong Quai
Fo-Ti
Cayenne
Ginger
Vitamin D3
Pumpkin Seed Oil
MSM
Biotin
Horsetail
Shilajit
Biosil Collagen
Ashwagandha
Turmeric
Ginseng
Burdock Root
Gotu-Kola
L-Cysteine
L-Carnosine
L-Glutamine
Astaxanthin
CoQ10
Marine Algae

Now I know what you guys are thinking... HOLY MAMA MIAA YOU TAKE ALL THAT EVERY DAY???? :shock:
No I don't ! But what I do do is, I mix and match! I'm a firm believer that we have to have different approaches so that our body does not become immune to what we intake. Sometimes I take a few of my supplements every other day, some days I take them all
and sometimes I forget lol

And now for my topical regimen (because we need to attack this on both sides in and out ! :bigun2:)

NON-GMO, ORGANIC OILS !!! I can't stress that enough.
It is so good for your hair! I do hot oil treatments probably twice a week. This week I have not done it yet but will do tomorrow!
Your body temperature is about 98 degrees fahrenheit so just warm up a small stainless steel cup or whatever you may have to just above that. You can feel it with your hand and know when it is just right. Not burning hot but not too close to body temperature either. Just enough so you can feel a nice temperature difference between your hand and the container of oil.

The oils I use are again NON-GMO, ORGANIC:

Amla Oil
Bhringraj oil
Burdock Root Oil
Aloe Vera Oil
Avocado Oil
Hemp Seed Oil
Castor Oil
Pumpkin Seed Oil

and I always throw in a capsule of cayenne pepper, sometimes ginger and nettle root or I mix and match.
I also throw in chia and fenugreek seeds and let all that soak in the oil over a course of two days untill time to use the oil mixture.

BUT WAIT THERES MORE ! :woot:

On the days I don't use the hot oil treatments I like to keep in overnight hair stimulant serums:

Giovanni Scalp Serum
Jason Thin to Thick
Andalou Naturals Scalp Intensive

Again, I mix and match these. Some days I use one or the other.

Now... Profollica.
(Yes I recently purchased a 3 month supplys worth)

I was VERY and I MEAN VERY hesitant on buying this product.
I absolutely do not and rarely ever buy anything that is mainstream or being advertised by mainstream.
I just don't trust them... second thing is, even though there are no other ingredients listed on the bottle,
I am sure they use magnesium stearate, silicate, or whatever as a binding ingredient for the tablets.
They just don't label it. I turned the other cheek on this one..

Now the topical solution they call Profollica gel... yes that liquid like water mass object inside the plastic bottle with a dropper...
they call it a gel.. yet it runs down my scalp like water.
Anyways this is kind of like a serum mixed with herbs just like the other topical serums I have.
Only difference is that it is really runny and not thick like a serum. Not stated if organic or non-gmo.

The reason why I purchased Profollica was because of the amino acids. For me to buy all the essential amino acids that promote growth would cause me a fortune. Profollica just did me the favor of putting them together. 4 grams each and almost 200 dollars after.
Well whatever... money comes and goes but hair just goes !

Now to sum this all up, I refuse to buy anything FDA approved ever again. Why ? To benefit on one side and risk another ?
And then you are looking for another drug to cure the side effects and so on. Don't do it to yourself. Try the power of mother nature.
Just remember, FDA is big buisness...

My favorite brands:
Eclectic Institute
Organic India
Paradise Herbs
Deva Vegan
Healthy Origins
Nature's Answer

Wish you all well!

herbs1.jpgherbs2.jpgherbs3.jpgherbs4.jpg

TD500

Experienced Member
Reaction score
scbu.gif

- - - Updated - - -

scbu.gif

-edit

so i'm a little bored with nothing better to do I didn't actually read this guys post just his absurdly large list of vitamins and other crap so decided to do some prices.

Note i got lazy and stopped carrying about actual quantities and I didn't exactly look for the cheapest nor most expensive I just looked for whatever was in the middle so you can take both those into consideration.

Saw Palmetto - 6.49 250 caps
Nettle Root - 8.99 250 caps
Nettle Leaf 3.99 120 caps
Dong Quai 8.99 100 caps
Fo-Ti - 4.99 100 caps
Cayenne - 4.78 100 caps
Ginger - 10.84 90 caps
Vitamin D3 - 7.49 250 caps
Pumpkin Seed Oil - 6.99
MSM - 8.94
Biotin - 6.99
Horsetail - 5.19
Shilajit - 7.99
Biosil Collagen - 15.99
Ashwagandha - 8.99
Turmeric - 4.74
Ginseng - 7.99
Burdock Root - 11.69
Gotu-Kola - 4.78
L-Cysteine - 19.52
L-Carnosine - 12.55
L-Glutamine - 23.95
Astaxanthin - 16.68
CoQ10 - 13.49
Marine Algae - 27.97

$261 not including shipping

Amla Oil - 9.99
Bhringraj oil - 12.00
Burdock Root Oil - 6.79
Aloe Vera Oil - 7.19
Avocado Oil - 10.94
Hemp Seed Oil - 10.28
Castor Oil - 6.79
Pumpkin Seed Oil - 11.88

75.86 not including shipping

Giovanni Scalp Serum - 5.88

Jason Thin to Thick - 6.95
Andalou Naturals Scalp Intensive - 9.93
Profollica - 59.95

82.71 not including shipping

Leaving your grand total to

$419.67 !

Hope this adds some entertainment value to this guys thread.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Great before and after pics. I am convinced. My finasteride is going in the garbage.

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
We still get great comedians on these forums.
By the way. Your'e an idiot.

Stop wasting our time and most importantly your time with this mumbo jumbo, because it won't help you or anyone else.

dusty

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You should talk to a doctor about all the supplements you are taking and their amounts because there are risks associated with taking lets sat too much of certain vitamins and as other people have mentioned you are most likely killing your liver and kidneys. I rather have slight side effects from dutasteride and know it's working instead of taking more than 20 supplements a day which could potentially send me into liver failure.

18andfighting

Reaction score
A bit much

I think if your trying to reduce dht internally, like the levels in your blood you may as well take finasteride or somthing cause to my understanding, I know there are natural things to combat it, but I still think sides are possible and they may not be strong enough. I'm new so please don't tear my head off if I'm in the wrong place, but I've been looking into natural topical solutions maybe? I wish there were a thread on hear that discussed natural topicals. I really think that topicals are the way to go, then again I may not have looked hard enough

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
I wish there were a thread on hear that discussed natural topicals. I really think that topicals are the way to go, then again I may not have looked hard enough

You are in the right section, unfortunately there isn't any "natural" treatment that can help you. Believe me, every natural treatment that you can think of has been tried. If there was anything that worked consistently we would have found it by now. The reality is that there is nothing natural that can help you if you are suffering from genetic hair loss. Don't waste your time with natural cures.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Castor oil.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Nature provides a quiet massive nutrition library, that are actually meant for our bodies.

Just because it is considered natural doesn't make it healthy or good for you. You guys always want to talk about how unsafe finasteride is, but then go on to experiment with various quantities of supplements that you have no clue how they will impact your health. Natural does not equal healthy/good for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Nature provides a quiet massive nutrition library, that are actually meant for our bodies.

Just because it is considered natural doesn't make it healthy or good for you. You guys always want to talk about how unsafe finasteride is, but then go on to experiment with various quantities of supplements that you have no clue how they will impact your health.

- - - Updated - - -

Natural doesn't equal safe period. You guys always talk about how unsafe finasteride is, then go off and experiment on yourselves with various quantities of supplements.

jayce

Reaction score
I am trying to use more natural products myself. Though, I'm experience similar results with the non-natural ones.

Captain Hook

Established Member
Reaction score
Oh my. Please tell me it's possible to ban people on this forum! This guy's out of order.

Captain Hook

Established Member
Reaction score
Your picture shows where we are heading by medias influence, and you want to ban people from using natural treatments.
Can you specify your banning reason?

He's spreading rubbish advice that will only serve to confuse lurkers or novice members, distancing themselves from treatments that work. I thought the whole point of this forum is to help people, OP is doing just the opposite. If someone had proposed to treat hair loss with cyclophosphamide I'd say they're equally deserving of a ban, and that's a synthetic medication, not natural at all.

Also what's with the ad hominem attack? I chose this picture because his hairline is very similar to mine plus he looks like me as well. What's wrong with that? Is it such a sin to watch TV now? Pissening.

Rian

Reaction score
Going natural with everything because you think its more healthy is stupid when you think about it, like you wouldn't rub poison ivy on your head would you?

Captain Hook

Established Member
Reaction score
So it´s OK when you want to ban people, for having a different approach to hair loss?

Only if said 'different approach' includes treatments that don't do anything to help Androgenetic Alopecia. Why should people be allowed to spread 'advice' about treatments that don't even work, this just serves to mislead people and waste their time with 'snake oil' treatments that aren't helping them. It's bad enough people are trying to scare others off of proven treatments due to side effects, let's not condone promotion of bogus products too.

Captain Hook

Established Member
Reaction score
Don´t worry, since i did not share my treatment except a harmless bark tree ingredient.
Would you be so kind and share to us, who made the side effects studies of lets say Finasteride, since you are ridiculing a lot of people with your statement that they scare people off from using this drug?

- - - Updated - - -

http://topclassactions.com/lawsuit-...s-inadequacy-of-propecia-side-effects-trials/
http://www.drugwatch.com/dangerous-drugs.php
http://seattleorganicrestaurants.co...-FDA-cannot-be-trusted-with-public-safety.php
Proven treatment.

Hey relax, have you noticed I personally do not use finasteride? It's because I am well aware of the potential for irreversible side effects. However I'm also aware that the risk of said irreversible side effects is much lower than people say it is, think about it, obviously the most vocal group is going to be the people who were 'ruined' by the drug and hence will whinge on internet forums. For everyone whom finasteride is working fine without side effects, those people are going to be out enjoying life and a full head of hair and won't be compelled to write on internet forums 'oh nothing happened when I took this drug except I kept my hair'.

Don't worry, I recognise your concern, I just understand that while Merck may be understating the incidence of side effects, the scaremongers are doing the opposite, they're overstating it. I realise finasteride is a choice and you have to personally weigh the risks and benefits, for me I personally wouldn't risk permanent side effects even though the percent chance of that happening is low but for others whose hair loss is much more advanced, I can see how it may be an acceptable risk to take as long as they fully understand the potential consequences. There are many users on this forum who take finasteride and even dutasteride with no ill effects and there are others whom have experienced undesirable side effects that may be long lasting, it all comes down to whether you want to roll the dice and find out which category you fit in to.

Just because your 'bark tree ingredient' is harmless doesn't mean it's effective, it's a waste of money and hence time as well. What are you trying to achieve here?

Captain Hook

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry i did not read your whole last post.
What do mean by scaremongers, that they just make it all up to scare others?
Whom in this forum for example or other people for that matter, because they don´t share there amazing results from using finesteride for example?

I'm not saying whatever oil you use may not be healthy for your hair, I'm just saying it does nothing to address the issue of DHT and it certainly isn't providing new growth either (as something like minoxidil could do)

What I mean by scaremongers are people who have never taken finasteride yet have read bad things about it on the internet such as propensity for permanent side effects or people who have taken finasteride, think their side effects are permanent and feel the need to scare novice users and lurkers off of the proven medication.

People need to employ a bit of logic before they make such sweeping statements and draw such definitive conclusions, luckily there are many users on this forum who are part of the percentage of people who enjoy zero side effects from finasteride or even dutasteride, you can see it a lot in the success stories section.