Three Year And 3 Month Progress - On finasteride For 1.5 Years

Kalash

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just made a little .gif comparing the progress of the worst side of my hairline over three and a bit years. I've taken finasteride for the last year and 5 months. No side effects. I feel great. I started taking it because I posted here and was told that I was either seeing the beginnings of male pattern baldness, or that my hairline was maturing: I decided to take the risk and go straight on finasteride to try and nip anything in the bud. It seems like it was a good decision. The .gif isn't perfectly aligned, but I think it's close enough.

Age: 21 in the first pic, 24 in the second pic. The second pic is the one where my hair is more brown, in case it isn't clear. It's also nice to see that taking finasteride hasn't stopped the development of my beard. I'll never know if it slowed development down, but it's still gotten a bit thicker/darker, especially the moustache.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hair literally looks the same, nice!

Kalash

Reaction score
Your hair literally looks the same, nice!

Thanks! I'll never know what it would have looked like if I never took finasteride; perhaps it would have looked the same as it does now. But I spent maybe $150 for three and a bit years of finasteride, and I don't regret it at all. For anyone worrying about taking finasteride, stop worrying and take it for god sakes. Girls pop birth control like it's nothing and that changes your hormone levels WAY more. There's no reason not to take it.

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks! I'll never know what it would have looked like if I never took finasteride; perhaps it would have looked the same as it does now. But I spent maybe $150 for three and a bit years of finasteride, and I don't regret it at all. For anyone worrying about taking finasteride, stop worrying and take it for god sakes. Girls pop birth control like it's nothing and that changes your hormone levels WAY more. There's no reason not to take it.

I feel the same way; my hair loss is very minor to the point where people here debate if I even have hair loss. I've been on the drug for close to 2 years and my hair still looks the same; I'm waaayy too nervous to stop it to see if it really was helping lol. It is cheap ($8 for 4 months worth) and I haven't had sides so I'll keep on it for a peace of mind.