Thread of seborrhoeic dermatitis

IBM

Reaction score
Hi.

I created this thread to share knowledge like used treatments to fight this skin disorder.

I used to have dandruff in youth but with 20 it becomed worse. At 21 i suffered a skin disorder like attached dandruff and bloody flaking skin. Now its somehow controlled but sometimes i have some attached rot scalp and i loose some hair because of it.

The best treatment i used was coal tar smelly cream but it was stinky like hell.

Now i use Nizoral and zynch based shampoo but its not being effective.

Share your experience.

Happy new year!

docj077

Reaction score
Try baby shampoo. Johnson and Johnson Baby shampoo with honey and vitamin E to be more specific. Use it for a week and if you don't like it anymore...stop.

I used to have a constantly oily scalp. Since I started using baby shampoo, I no longer have a problem.

However, what worked for me may not work for you.

IBM

Reaction score
Oily scalp is my problem too. I should try it.

One question: Lost hair caused by seb. dermatitis (like flaking) will grow again?

docj077

Reaction score
IBM said:

One question: Lost hair caused by seb. dermatitis (like flaking) will grow again?

All hair lost through any process that doesn't cause scarring or fibrosis can technically grow again. Someday, even scarring and fibrotic processes will likely be overcome with medication, as well.

IBM

Reaction score
docj077 said:
All hair lost through any process that doesn't cause scarring or fibrosis can technically grow again. Someday, even scarring and fibrotic processes will likely be overcome with medication, as well.

Scarring can be caused by burning, etc...? What about fibrosis? Are we safe from this both processes?

I was analysing some web sites about seb. dermatitis and discovered that we should use:
- Ketalonazole;
- Sulphur;
- Acyd Salicylique;

The sucessfull cream i used and i thought the validity date and over but no
And even analysed some shampoos and creams and discovered that some contain this ingredientes.

Here some meds i used:

- Alpha cade shampoo http://www.gandhour.com/Alphacadex.htm
IMAG0006.JPG

Which contains:

- Juniper and cedar oil;
- Salicylic acid;
- Alphahydroxyacids;

The sucessfull cream i used and i thought it's validity date was over but no it's not over is Sucadermil.
This cream smells like hot coal tar that you find in unfinished roads on the street. It's composition is:

- Cedar Oil 100mg/g;
- Sulphur 50 mg/g;
- Salicylic acid;

This is very good but i consulted Edol website and i didnt find this product.
This product is very smelly which is not good if you have a job that you have to interact with people.

docj077

Reaction score
The only thing that concerns me is that I think people with S.D. try to make their scalp better by overcompensating for whatever disease process is causing their problem.

Getting rid of the oil helps, but it also makes your scalp unhealthy, dry, and your hair brittle.

Personally, I think you need to "reset" the condition of your scalp by not using anything that irritates it for a while. For example, no hair gel, no irritating shampoos, etc.

That's my opinion, but it seemed to help for me when my scalp was oily and I was trying to use Tea Trea Oil Shampoo to combat it. That stuff just made my scalp worse.

IBM

Reaction score
docj077 said:
Personally, I think you need to "reset" the condition of your scalp by not using anything that irritates it for a while. For example, no hair gel, no irritating shampoos, etc.

Edit:
I dont use nothing (gels, etc...). From time to time appears a lot of dead skin attached to my scalp. I tried to not use nothing because i thought the same. The result was very bad: appeared a lot of dead skin, wounds and dandruff even in my hairline. I lost a lot of hair because of it.

nervx

Established Member
Reaction score
I have this problem too, about a year ago i fixed it completely but now it's back. The areas where i had it worse i lost the most hair so now im scared.

I've heard ultraviolet B works wonders in getting rid of it so im going to look into that.

HARM1

Established Member
Reaction score
SB is a stonger case of seborea ,or dandruff. An organizem called P. ovale( or something like that), eats sebum from our scalp. This organizem is found also on people without SB or dandruff. The body, tries to fight off the p.ovales. That is why you itch- The imune respone can cause the itching feeling. I strongly think , that most of the itching that people relate to balding, is just an imune response to p. ovale.
to ease tha itchI use DIPROSALIC-I RECOMENDED IT TO ANYONe THAT CAN'T BARE THE ITCH.it contains betametazone. My Doctor gave it to me, it comes in a form of drops that you aplly to your scalp. What it does is reduce the imune response. the flakes- dandruff are caused since the body shaeds skin rapidly. so p. ovales will fall off.
I have a few things I do not understand:
1) why don't all people get SB, what is the problem in sb and dandruff sufferers' emune system? - I'm not sure if anyone knows.
2) betametazone is steroid. in reduces the imune systems reaction and keeps white blood cells away . google it : betamethasone. Do you think it could help male pattern baldness in the emune respone area?

IBM

Reaction score
I think the itch, wound and redness is because the brain tries to get read of P. ovale by removing and renew the skin. So the affected skin is red and flaky.

jimmystanley

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i've been using bethamethasone too. I heard lots of good things about it and it's very easy to apply.

HARM1

Established Member
Reaction score
jimmystanley said:
i've been using bethamethasone too. I heard lots of good things about it and it's very easy to apply.
You should only use it for a bit

jimmystanley

Experienced Member
Reaction score
but my doctor told me i could. so did the pharmacist. They said it's okay on the scalp because it's very thick and also because i'm using it every other day.

jimmystanley

Experienced Member
Reaction score
is anyone else using betamethasone? it's supposed to stop your hair from shedding...prescribed by doctors

WorldofWarcraft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
IBM said:

My male pattern baldness started showing up at about the same time my scalp got oily and skin got flakey.

I think male patern baldness is related to oily scalp and flakey skin.

lilltoolate

Established Member
Reaction score
my Doctor asked me to use betamethasone oinment on the scalp every night and 2% minoxidil in the morning...i'm reluctant to use it bcos he didnt really mention wat it will do and whether there r any other side effects from it ..although i have a bad dandruff problem...he didnt say whether i have seb.dermatitis also...but i think i may have it since i get lot of flaking these days....the scalp problem tends to get worse during certain periods of the year in my experience...dont know y..