Thoughts on NEOSH101

bobs

Established Member
Reaction score
Well second post so I understand if people don't take me too seriously but I have been doing some thinking about osh101 and possible early release (2008/2009). I know that it is partly wishful thinking but I will try to back it up with some of my thoughts. I don't think OSH101 will be as good as many people hope, I don't think it will be bad either, I just think it will be better than minoxidil and will probably take its place in the big3 reg.
The ph2a trials were encouraging

1. Neosil is a small company, phase3 trials come with great expenses and if their product is effective in the ph2b trials they might attempt an early launch and do the phase3 some years later, then more as formality than anything else. I mean consider it, if it is even slightly better than minoxidil and only needs to be applied once a day for some time and then put aside for some time it will clearly take over the minoxidil-market.

2. I have read on some other forums about one guy getting an email from Eugene Bauer mentioning an earlier (2008) release too. I don't know if he is to be trusted, his post was a bit strange overall but anyways.

3. The product has been studied in depth, it is far from being just found. I mean, it was first mentioned back in 2003? or was it 2004? It has been around for a while and been tossed with by two companies. To add to this, it did take neosil some time to complete the first ph2 trial, I can only guess why but I would say that they needed to get things up and runnning (recruiting people, studying the product, getting the trial going etc) Now they should be going faster since more things are in place, they are just going to apply the damn thing more frequently (twice vs once right? - so we will have a fair comparison with minoxidil) and for a longer period of time.

Bottom line is, if ph2b trials are positive, I would not be surprised if they launched it in Europe and parallel to that started ph3 trials for FDA. And if the ph2b results are better than minoxidil, it doesn't have to be the cure or anything super great, then that is all they probably need.

Anyway, since I started suffering from this crap I have been doing a lot of research. What pisses me off is that no one in my family started balding in their twenties (both my grandfathers had full head of hairs, I mean nw1-2 in their sixties, my father is a nw5 and started balding at thirty, probably Telogen Effluvium leading to male pattern baldness), and that is why I am waiting to see how aggresive it is, but I fear that it is aggresive and that I must soon start finasteride and nizoral and later add minoxidil if I need it. In fact, last year whenever I went to get my hair cut they whould thin my hair out because it was too thick, then in August I asked my hairdresser to give me some kind of conditioner or something to make it finer and I am so damn regretful that I asked her this, she gave me some ultrastrong sh*t and forgot to tell me not to use it too often so I used the crap everyday when I was supposed to use it once every two weeks and after that hell broke loose =) I will never forget the first time I felt I was loosing it, it felt like the whole world was crashing down and damn I hit rock bottom but f*** that, I am back up now.

I just think it is interesting to have this discussed, hope some other people have input =)
And oh yea, I think this is a good forum :)

newguy23

Reaction score
this sounds promising and it would be great if it was released in the 2008/2009 time frame that you mentioned. it seems to be greatly superior to minoxidil

bobs

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes,
And best thing with it would be something to use while they get HM going.

Then again, I have read posts from 2004 where people think it will be released 2005 :) But as we know it got licensed to Neosil, I just hope Neosil won't license it to some other company. I believe that if Osteoscreen had kept it it would have been out by now.

bobs

Established Member
Reaction score
Just saw that they stopped recruiting for their ph2b trials.

That is good.

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Just saw that they stopped recruiting for their ph2b trials.

That is good.

Can you elaborate bobs ? why good ?

bobs

Established Member
Reaction score
Good because they now got their 180 people they need.
60 to receive NEOSH101, 60 with minoxidil and 60 placebo.
So I guess they are starting the treatments soon.

bobs

Established Member
Reaction score
Read some input from some Osteoscreen-dude back in 2003 where he was speculating on a 2006 release. Damn, why did they license it to sloweosil?