Thoughts on Minoxidil resting heart rate side affects

Nowayjesus1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been applying minoxidil 5% foam for 1 week now. I know increased heart rate is a prominent side affect for people who can’t tolerate it. For me, it is very subtle and I have only noticed increased resting heart rate maybe 3 or 4 times directly after application and only if I’m inactive like lying down. Will I adjust or is this a sign I will not be able to tolerate the medication?
What are some side affects from guys continuing to use it?

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been applying minoxidil 5% foam for 1 week now. I know increased heart rate is a prominent side affect for people who can’t tolerate it. For me, it is very subtle and I have only noticed increased resting heart rate maybe 3 or 4 times directly after application and only if I’m inactive like lying down. Will I adjust or is this a sign I will not be able to tolerate the medication?
What are some side affects from guys continuing to use it?
In general, I think topical min is generally pretty damn safe.

Nowayjesus1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wasn’t asking if it was safe. Obviously a chronically elevated heart rate is a significant risk in terms of long term health. What I am wondering is how people with minoxidil in their prota tolerate this affect, e.g, do they stabilize? Do they reduce application? Or do I just have to accept I’m one of the many people who can’t tolerate the side affect profile?

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wasn’t asking if it was safe. Obviously a chronically elevated heart rate is a significant risk in terms of long term health. What I am wondering is how people with minoxidil in their prota tolerate this affect, e.g, do they stabilize? Do they reduce application? Or do I just have to accept I’m one of the many people who can’t tolerate the side affect profile?
Oh! Gotcha! Hmmm, maybe try reducing the ml you use? Or try the foam instead of liquid? Half the name of the game is experimentation; finding what works for you :)